Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2017, 11:55 PM   #8
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
sweeeeeeet !!!!!

awesome trip

never been on that short section of old 66 between 40 and 95 where goffs is

i was just thru mojave, chambless, amboy and cadiz a few months ago

stayed in boron at a really small nice little mom/ pop hotel ... the old indian lady actually turned down my bed for me

yep years ago i saw mile after mile of stopped trucks near kramer junction after a few got blown over

never actually stopped at that old water park thanks for the pics

i went thru nipton sometime in the 90s before digital cameras

i was never much into photography before megapixel cameras debuted

sadly i have very little record of all my trips prior to 2001

and in the 80s i was drunk

didnt do many roadtrips in those years
You had some good pictures from the last trip you took out there.

I figured you at least knew about that waterpark, though I half expected you to reply with a picture of your wife next to one of the broken waterslides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoidberg444 View Post
Nice road trip dude. Looks like some pretty rough dirt roads out there, i love the desert.

I was on a tour which crossed some of California and Arizona a few years ago. All i could think was how much i wanted to come back on a road trip and go off the beaten track.

Your dog is adorable. haha
I don't think they were quite as rough as those Norwegian roads you were on. There was only one worrisome stretch through a wide wash, with lots of loose sand and huge rocks. I was afraid I'd hit a rock, or get stuck if I stopped, but I made it through.

If you ever get back to this part of the world and have some time to explore, we should hook up. There's so much to see here, and I've only scratched the surface, even though I live here.

The dogs love road trips. I have two: Tasi the husky mix, who always keeps an eye on me when I get out to take pictures, and Skippy the hound, who's always calm and sleeps most of the way. We've been all over the place together.

scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote