Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Don't even touch anything to do w/ the Yaris lamp(s )that dim off on their own...they're part of Hal and people have caused major problems with them.
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:15 AM   #2
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsridewith View Post
Don't even touch anything to do w/ the Yaris lamp(s )that dim off on their own...they're part of Hal and people have caused major problems with them.
I was assuming if done right the illumination of the switch would change along with the illumination of my dash. If I am not incorrect one of those cables changes voltage as you adjust it and I thought I tapped into the right one. Oh well, I tried... I failed... I taped it back up.

I just installed the passenger window, power locks, and the Avital keyless entry system. I still cannot believe I was able to wire everything mostly on my own. I guess with some time and reading truly a lot can be accomplished.

First I tested the power locks on their own, then with the power windows, then everything together with the keyless entry. Works like a charm. That was time consuming but not too bad, what is difficult though is the wiring... My wires are not well sorted, as in they are all a big mess under the steering wheel and to sort them properly I would have to disassemble most of them. For now all wires I'm using are wrapped up with electrical tape and I also made sure no wires were rubbing with moving parts.

Does anyone know for how long this will last and how early I might see potential failures? I am assuming soldering will just be the way to go long term, but unfortunately school and work are taking a lot more time than initially thought and continuing to work on the car is becoming very difficult.

General tips on how to tidy up the wires and make everything last longer, not already mentioned here, would be greatly appreciated!
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote