Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
To Sell Or Not to sell

should i sell my car or should i not sell it?

how much should i sell it for, who should i sell it to?

Kinda like it but i have too much debt looming over me and no prospect of a job anytime soon.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Didn't you mod yours to become a Vitz RS with all the bells and whistles from Japan?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #3
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Didn't you mod yours to become a Vitz RS with all the bells and whistles from Japan?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
almost i am missing the seats and the front bumper the rims and the real spoiler, the shocks, the engine swap, the exhaust the tint i want. i lost my funding and nobody seems to want to pick up what i need, so im kinda in the water. i lost it about 3 months ago right when i was going to make all my moves.

forgot alacantra headliner and carbon painted roof reskin and painted CF hood with the original lock integrated also forgot the 2018 headlighs as there the same ones the GRMN uses. and there an easy swap everythings just fucking expensive

2k for rims 1450 for the bumper 1300 for the rear spoiler 480 for shocks, idk how mcuh the seats are toyota wont let me have even a price estimate or parts number.

engine swap is 3-5k with a donor without its north of 8k because im using a special drivetrain thats not a corolla but still the toyota family, but im dead in the water in short.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #4
bairjo

This thread is a total waste of time...and this forum anymore.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:37 PM   #6
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
you dont even have a car or have done jack shit, literally i am the only one on this forum doing a JDM conversion and had the balls to import parts, all anyone does is 2007 yarises because nobody can be arsed, shut your trap and do some mods and when you spend what i have and done the scouring i have, you can bitch. asshole.

your cars a joke, i hoofed it down to toyotafest bone stock and got an early entry because you see 0 of my cars at all, theres 1300 2018s in the entire us sold and theres 2 3 door LE's in silver, there rarer then the lexus LFA, ones persons in canada did a 2ZR swap, so your a joke do some shit before you open your mouth, atleast i bought mine new. <3
Old 03-14-2019, 08:42 PM   #7
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
BIGGER
Old 03-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #8
rikkki

Drives: Toyota Camry
Quote:
rikkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:49 PM   #9
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkki View Post
why do you have 6 posts, what mods have you done?
Old 03-14-2019, 08:59 PM   #10
DarkShadowFox
Banned

eyah legit tho the BBS rims for these cars are 2300 from japan and the front bumper all of these are with shipping is 1450, fuck paying that, this is like WALD mercedes level money for OEM parts. like SMH.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:19 PM   #11
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Sell the car, or not and just talk about doing it.

People are tired of all the claims made and virtual incoherent ramblings of your posts. You were never going to have that build completed, it never really.got off of its feet. It was the musings of a child's dream and was internet vaporware without credibility.

The one thing this forum does well is stars clear of bs and it sifts through the talk pretty well.

Sell it, move on and get your life and debt in order.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #12
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
"Sell it, move on and get your life and debt in order." That's good advice.

I sold my 2007 and 2014 on craigslist very quickly.

BTW, this forum is a wealth of information with a bunch of really great people... always willing to share politely.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #13
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Sell the car, or not and just talk about doing it.

People are tired of all the claims made and virtual incoherent ramblings of your posts. You were never going to have that build completed, it never really.got off of its feet. It was the musings of a child's dream and was internet vaporware without credibility.

The one thing this forum does well is stars clear of bs and it sifts through the talk pretty well.

Sell it, move on and get your life and debt in order.
oh it will be completed one way or another. if you dont like my posts then do something.

nobody here did anything, nobody cared about the third gen, one person did something from canada.

you cant moan at someone who makes more progress then you did and stagnated.

car parts are expensive, JDM car parts are further expensive, custom parts are expensive, everything expensive, i used to be able to ship a bumper from japan for 198$.

now it costs over 900$ plus the cost of the part which is 500-900, nobody on this forum has that type of cash laying around for a piece of plastic and if you do great.

ive done more data gathering looking and compiling and figuring out then anyone does on this forum, i even tried to get CTscott to do an odo conversion on my new cluster so i can swap it in, im not going to do it myself and burn out my cluster, im not going to sit here and drill holes into my tailgate for the spoiler without following the steps, im not going to install half a kit so cops can harass me and people can vandalize rare parts.

even the tails from japan are like 500$ if you ship them, this isnt easy and nobodys helping, so you can either put up or dont, because if you bitch and dont do anything to help you just add to the problem.

so no, i wont be selling, ill be keeping it to spite you now because your jealous.

i bought my car new. things take time, if you cant wait, and are after instant results or clout, then be thankful someone took the time do something instead of nothing.

literally all you guys buy are the following:

SE hatchback 4 doors and do 0 mods.

2007 3doors.

2008 sedans.

if you wanna bitch, bitch to the people who come on here and ask questions like how do i fix my flood damaged 1.4 D from some middle of nowhere company for not pushing the envelope.

this forum was dead before i joined, ramblings or not, i have more work into my build then anyone who owns a similar ride does, that one swap guy is excluded.

if you cant figure out what do with these cars you cant call yourself a car person, because i can figure out 400 things to do with these vehicles and have suggested like 2 solutions for the guy looking for cheap cosmetic mods and he hasnt done anything.

cars are blank canvasses, if your not creative then your not going to get anywhere.

also, theres parts from japan for the 3rd gen, like strut braces, underbody panels, exhausts, tanabe springs, turbo kits from ebay, an automatic transmission doesnt mean bad, an automatic transmission just means you adjust more things or you swap it for a manual.

im going to repeat myself because you dont listen, the engine i want costs as much as a Car 5000$, i do not want a corolla motor as it is not enough power on the road and FI is not legal here due to CARB, because we have CARB now. so i can swap in a bone stock turbo motor and still be legal, but if i add a supercharger im not road legal, so thats why my project is delayed too because i found a nice blitz supercharger for 1900

is literally this forum.

no i wont be selling because im not interested in letting one of you have my vehicle just to gain an easy in <3

you also dont want it to be completed because then you will just be generally jealous TBH, its why none of you helped me because your mad i did it first before you.

also if the third gen sucks so much then why does toyota use its as there ralley car/ GRMN / GR sports/ etc?

thats karma for making fun of me when i joined/ went to toyotafest <3
Old 03-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #14
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Look dude. You had a dream. We all do. I wanted a 300+ hp sleeper. But in the end, owning a house and having a slow car is more important at this point in time, than having a fast sleeper and living with crack heads. The turbo will have to wait.

If your finances aren't in order, that should be a priority.

In the end you'll have spent tens of thousands on a car that really....almost no one wants or cares about on this continent. If they did, Toyota would have sold way more than a thousand of them.

And lest be honest here. Being the first person to mod a car in a way no one else has, doesn't make you famous. At all.

Sell your car, find a job, get out of your parents house.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #15
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Only you can determine the right choice.

Asking arbitrary questions on a forum to a bunch of people who don't know your situation is a waste of time.

If you can't afford to keep the car then you have several options.

1. Sell it
2. Increase your human capital and make more money.
3. Work multiple jobs

Don't make excuses about not having job prospects. Get any job you can find and spend your spare time learning skills so that you can move up. If you can afford internet access then you have virtually limitless access to learning.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #16
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
theres 2 3 door LE's in silver, there rarer then the lexus LFA,

Literally means nothing. Rarity doesn't make something special or desirable.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #17
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
It does if it's a copo camaro/'70 chevelle/440 'cuda with a 6pack/gull wing Mercedes.... yaris?!? He'll no.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #18
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstyota View Post
Look dude. You had a dream. We all do. I wanted a 300+ hp sleeper. But in the end, owning a house and having a slow car is more important at this point in time, than having a fast sleeper and living with crack heads. The turbo will have to wait.

If your finances aren't in order, that should be a priority.

In the end you'll have spent tens of thousands on a car that really....almost no one wants or cares about on this continent. If they did, Toyota would have sold way more than a thousand of them.

And lest be honest here. Being the first person to mod a car in a way no one else has, doesn't make you famous. At all.

Sell your car, find a job, get out of your parents house.
>first

>famous

>literally has people bother me all the time and wonder about my yaris online.

>forum full of like 6 active people.

> k

see you in 5-9 years.