Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #217
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
The only differance I notice today on the highway was it was quieter on the back of the car. Before the road noise from the tires and wind were more noticable even with the sound deadening,but now it is gone almost completely.

Yes I know the Bozozuku pipe is not for everyone....lol.....your not alone bro on not liking it....but I do appreciate the honestly.

If people did not try differant things and like differant things life would be boring.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #218
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I his idea with my rear bumper also.. can you get some shots under their where you mounted it at?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #219
bzinn 1

I can take some more shots tomorrow since I gotta work swing shift.

I made out of angle aluminum two 5.5" brackets and mounted them through the floor with a bolt. The middle bolt is right in front of the carbon cannister,think that is what the black box is???? and the drivers side mounts about 8" over,there was a third mount but I cut that part off for the Flowmaster.

I am pretty sure that a canister exhaust would fit right beside this no problems as I only had to cut off 3.75 by like 12" piece to go around the exhaust.

The bumper edge was 3 bolts that went through bottom edge of the bumper.

I will get more shots tomorrow of it from underneath for ya.

I got it on Ebay under Universal Diffuser and it was the listing from think it was Neiland,WA and was $89 and shipping.It is well made,came with stainless hardware. The center two fins can be removed and are in there with built in threaded holes.....the aluminum mounts came from 1" angle piece from home depot cost was like $6.

My hardest part was the sub box was hard to work around,it is rivited to the floor and bolted so it is not gonna come out without several hours work...lol
Old 02-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #220
bzinn 1

Her is a few more pictures of the diffuser....was pouring rain so did not crawl under to take good picture of the mounts but you can see the driver side mount in the pictures.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #221
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
... I have to ask... is there a hole in the bottom of your exhaust pipe to let the rain drain out? lol

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #222
bzinn 1

LOL....yep there is a hole in the main pipe that the stainless tip is welded to and also one in the low end of the stainless tip as well.

the first few days I had it on it would fill up with a good 6" of water since it just had to pour down rain that next day for like a week solid....it sucked,the pipe inside is grungy and gonna need shop vac attention.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #223
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
awesome, thanks for those pics. I like how you made those brackets. Love it.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #224
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
That's awesome. I didn't think it would yield sound deadening. Ballin.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #225
bzinn 1

Thanks guys....so far it has been solid but every so often on freeway...My only thing I do not like so far is every so often I get a shimmy in the rear.....I think I am catching some air under the top of it or something.....the car does whip around anyway with the kit and rear fin anyway on freeway the canards pushed the front down and I could feel that but diffuser is in traffic giving me a almost whip like you get when you run camber in the rain....i got no camber...

Gonna make another plate to cut any air going under I think and see how that does.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #226
bzinn 1

Another thing...sorry.

I also found that I need to isolate the mounts with a rubber washer where they meet the floor....why...when the sub is on it seems to move the sound wave through anything not dampened with a rubber washer....like the body panels...hatch....liscense plate....

But this is the whole diffuser making a rattle to the sub....lol...it sucks...I will fix it.

Rattles suck
Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #227
bzinn 1

Very stoked.....my buddy is having a photoshoot for his site 206factory in April and is gonna hook me up with the model to do photoshoot in my car and model the Takata's.....buck ass naked..........I am kinda in heaven right now.....a dream come true....hot naked chick in my car....
Old 03-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #228
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
When and where? I'll drive up with my gf lol
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #229
bzinn 1

So far the rear diffuser has been solid,finally did a full tank of gas and no loss of milage,no gains either though...lol

Here is a picture of the rear floor pieces the two small ones are carbon fiber solid sheet in the middle and wood trim rings coated like the sub box and pods in bedliner....The small ones will hold the compressors next to the sub box and the long one will hold the air tank

Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #230
bzinn 1

Ordered a roll of CF vinyl 48" x 120"....jesus.....that was expensive....it better be enough to complete interior parts I want done...
Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #231
bzinn 1

CF Vinyl came today,so I pulled the A pillars out and gave it a try,was much harder than I thought it would be.Main reason was it really needs heat to make it work and stretch.

I ruined the first attempt so I waited for my kid to get home and put him on hair dryer duty.

Took about 90 min to do the first pillar,then about 30 min to match up to the second pillar the pattern....was not easy.....had to make sure the two patterns matched in direction and tilt....

I will take pictures tomorrow once I get some daylight.Total time to do A pillars was little over 4 hours including putting the tweeters back in them.

I am in the middle of moving to a new house so that is probably as far as I will get till after the first unless I get a nice sunny day to do the rest of interior.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #232
bzinn 1

Got a couple of night shots to not be too bad with the droid.....

Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #233
Spidermandud

Drives: Black '08 Yaris Hatch S
Man I love seeing you update this thread. That CF looks really nice in there. You get the rear floor pieces in there?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #234
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
pillars look very good.. pls give us more daylight pics

thanks
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote