Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #307
ultimatehipster

Drives: Bayou Blue 5-speed L/B
Hey Ladybug! I'm a proud new female owner of a Bayou Blue, 5-speed LiftBack Yaris!! How is the ride going? I love it.. still getting used to the shift and challenging power steering though! Just a little over 145 miles. It's so hard to keep the speed down on the highway, I've always had a heavy foot and going from 80-90 mph to 60-70 makes me feel 90 years old!
ultimatehipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #308
solarVitz

Drives: 08 Yaris S Liftback
Send a message via AIM to solarVitz Send a message via Yahoo to solarVitz
hello to all im new and just registered recently. looking forward on getting a yaris next year cause this car is nice and good for daily driver.
solarVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:14 AM   #309
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatehipster View Post
Hi all. I'm a proud new owner of a Yaris. My baby is Bayou Blue, 5-speed, Liftback, Power Pkg, Keyless Entry, and does not have abs (!).... Before my last car (Nightmare) - VW GOLF 2002, I had a Honda CRX and before that a Celica.... only the VW had ABS so I'm hoping my old driving habits will kick in... anyone else not have ABS and find it's "ok"?

Also... did you guys have a period when the steering seemed to have a mind of its own when driving highways and hitting bumps here and there? I drove a ways yesterday and felt like I was battling to keep within the lines... I love it though and the color is sooooo cool. How can anyone compare the looks of the Yaris to the drab and generic looking FIT? The CRX was cooler than the FIT!

Anyway.... Once I break my baby in I hope to see what it really does for pickup speeds... I can handle slower driving since I've been a speed demon my whole life and don't want to trash this car!

Who has dealer car alarms, after market ones or none?
-Tracey
I'm curious about the Golf. My friend wants to buy one instead of a Yaris. I told him he was nuts, but to each his own. Why was the Golf a nightmare?
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #310
ultimatehipster

Drives: Bayou Blue 5-speed L/B
Well, to be "fair", a drunk unlicensed driver in a van smashed into 5 cars parked in front of my old apt. bldg. My car was the first one hit so he bounced off it hardest. It had over $12,000.00 in repairs.... BUT, I still think the car was a "lemon" (built in Mexico and Brazil) b/c at 2 months old the a/c had to be replaced b/c it failed, the starter/ignition had to be replaced, the catalytic converter center piece was replaced twice, the brake pads were defective and had to be replaced, the amount of oil it burned was ridiculous, I almost seized the engine once. The stupid little things that broke inside - 3 times- arm rest/latch and glove box- 2 times, something with the electrical stuff went crazy twice and I had to bring it in to have it reset and a part replaced. Oh and right before I got it traded to wait for my Yaris, the passenger window fell into the door but it was actually covered b/c it was part of a recall. Alot of the stuff that was a pain in the neck and wasted my time at the dealers/other mechanics was covered under warranty so as soon as it was up I wanted to get rid of it! It only had 45,000 miles on it. I miss the luxury stuff - heated seats/mirrors, cruise control that I would kill for now but never used then, telescoping steering wheel and the height adjustable seat... but I don't miss the dreaded feeling of wondering what was going to go wrong next whenever I went out.... Sorry so long.... I was unable to sell the car privately and the couples that checked it out loved VW cars so it's really a mixed bag out there.....
ultimatehipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #311
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
^^^Holy Cow! That was an uber-lemon! I will let him know. Well the Yaris should be a solid, dependable ride for years or decades to come!
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:45 PM   #312
josh..

Drives: echo 1.5TS
hey yall im new!
josh.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #313
YarisMax

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Hello from Concord, CA home of Oznium.com. Let the mods begin...
YarisMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #314
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Hi everyone

NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:29 AM   #315
Ramolap
Toyota Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota 1981-2005
Send a message via AIM to Ramolap
Smile

Hello everyone. I am a member of a Toyota owning family as my signature lists the cars we own. The Starlet is my bro's, the MR2 is my dad's, the Corolla is mine, and the Avalon is my mom's. A Yaris is to be considered as a replacement for my 88 Corolla, as it leaks and burns more oil. I hope to learn a lot about the Yaris through these forums.
2005 Avalon XLE (2GR-FE)

Last edited by Ramolap; 12-30-2006 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Simple mistake
Ramolap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #316
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Welcome Ramolap!
Happy New Year!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #317
StellarPrincess

Drives: '07 White Toyota Yaris S Sedan
Smile Brand new baby yaris!

Hi all! I'm glad to see there are people out there as excited about the yaris as I am! (my husband thinks I'm crazy...lol)

I just bought a Yaris this week...white S Sedan, fully loaded....I love it so much!!! It's so much fun to drive, was a great price, gets awesome gas mileage, and is adorable! Who could ask for more!?

Nice to meet you all and hope to talk to you all soon!

xo,
Andrea aka StellarPrincess
StellarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #318
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
hello SP, welcome!
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #319
yarita

Drives: yaris 07 hatchback
Hey everyone!! New to the board as well. Just bought my 07 Yaris this past weekend!!

Yarita.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #320
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Welcome aboard Yarita & congrats on your new car!
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #321
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Welcome and Happy New Year to all new members!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:23 PM   #322
Impresive-G

Drives: 2007 Vitz Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Impresive-G
Hello everyjuan!

My name is George. But my Subaru friends "I-club/TeamRife" Call me WHORE HAY!

1st things 1st. I have bad grammar! So clown me all you want. Just remember its not cool. lol

2nd thing. I am a bad speller and no I didnt misspell my SN.

The history behind my SN is that I love Subaru's. Allways have since I was in middle school. Ive driven them and fallin in love with them all the time.

BACK ON TOPIC. As you all know. The name Impreza. Well im also told that im very impressive at the things I do. So Impreza and impressive were moshed in together. To Impresive. I was going to use the Z "imprezive" but i didnt like it. So I left it at Impresive. No the G has 2 thigns. Again I <3 subaru's. The Impreza go by GDB GDA GC8 ect. Also cause my name is George. So theres the story.

Impresive-G

Back to me agian! =P

I know my age. But I dont look nor do I act my age.

Ive had 3 cars already. Yes paid for by me.

Had a 88 Toyota Tercel. I learnd how to handle my self with that car. Till the engine died out from the beating i was giving it and the number of miles it had. So I sold it. buwahaha. sucks for the person who got it.

Then got a nissan 240sx. How much I miss that car. I did a lot with it. Took it to the Track. Learnd how to handle RWD. Then car control was after. Not so good at holding it sideways but it was cause i broke my Diff. Then I touge for a bit with the big boys. Learnd a lot up there. Then crashed due to understear and lack of tire grip. "tire died" Owned the car for a good 7 months and then sold it. But I miss it so.

Now with the money I had left over from my 240 I used it for the down payment to my Yaris.

Its an awesome car only because of the gas and the space and the cup holders! But power wise and handling wise. I HATE IT. To much roll!

I have been on another forum by http://www.yarii.com but that thing died out. So now im here. Hopefully everone is cool here and hopefully I enjoy my stay.

So back to me.

I love long walks in the park and romantic candle light dinners!

-G

,___,
[O.o] O'RLY?
/)__)
-"--"-
Current: 2007 Toyota Yaris
History: 1988 Toyota Tercel (sold), 1993 Nissan 240SX (sold)
Impresive-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #323
RemieGino14

Drives: 2010 5dr Hatchback Yaris
Send a message via AIM to RemieGino14
Hi I'm new too. Name is Remie (Jeremie)

I've owned an '91 Acura Integra RS. Driven it for a good 2 years...till I guess you could say recently, I lost it to the canyons back Feb 06. Landed me in the hospital for about 7 days (If any of you are wondering what the hell I'm saying, I fell off a 300-400 ft cliff) So yeah...got back on my feet with a Suzuki Swift, unfortunately my dad sold it...even though it was stick and had no rpm speedometer. Then I rolled with a 2006 Nissan Murano for about 3 months, then my mom leased a Yaris, so now I just roll with that. Loving it so far...hope to actually buy and own a stick later in near future.

- RemieGino14 -
'10 Carmine Red Metallic, 5dr Hatchback Toyota Yaris
RemieGino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #324
maximapitko

Drives: Nautical Blue Yaris Sedan 5spd
A shout out from Minneapolis, MN...:) Glad to be here...
maximapitko is offline   Reply With Quote