Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #307
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
This is some funny shizat. haha! It's mathmatically impossible for torque curve to not cross at 5250. Only cars where is doesnt drop off much is an s2k or Formula 1 car, and that has more to do with volumetric efficiency at high rpm... which the 1nzfe will never see. The only thing we can do is maybe crazy cams and a efficient turbo set up to get good top end. Nobody is ever gonna destroke a 1nzfe.

I think people got a bit bent of shape here. Its basic knowledge on what afr should be, I highly doubt the tuner is oblivious to that.

Ptuning.com

Last edited by Blown_xa; 01-18-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #308
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
ive been reading and keeping up with all the forced induction threads on here to get an idea of where i may go with my yaris.. and this thread has turned into just a soap opera for me.. i cant wait for my next break or when i get home to read the next post..

anywho, with that out of the way, i need to get on the same page here.. are you guys arguing about the Torque curve dropping or the Horse Power curve dropping? cuz if its the torque curve, then im 100% with blown xa on this one.. but if its the power curve, then i have my own theory's that i do agree with a couple of you but im not as knowledgeable as everyone else here to argue any side. but i am learning a shit load of things the yaris is capable of and not capable of, and i thank all of you for everyones input
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #309
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Well here we go again.

Junichi Tanaka from Jun Performance has seen my build and is in correspondance with me on doing a set of cams for my XB. Not sure on all the details yet. But I do know they are not regrinds and there stuff looks alot nicer than Gude.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #310
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Well here we go again.

Junichi Tanaka from Jun Performance has seen my build and is in correspondance with me on doing a set of cams for my XB. Not sure on all the details yet. But I do know they are not regrinds and there stuff looks alot nicer than Gude.

XBG
mmm cams!!!
any idea on duration and lift? 272* 9mm lift?
im not even sure what stock is
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #311
xbgod
Banned

The cams them self aren't my biggest concern. It's the clearence with the buckets and if I will need different springs.

Waiting on Junichi to get back with me on this. Should know tonight where we stand.

XBG
Old 01-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #312
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I think people got a bit bent of shape here.
Uh yeah, calling people haters will sometimes do that.

I looked at the JUN cams too, but at $1600 a pair, it was out of my range for the HP they would give.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:42 PM   #313
Scubaru Steve
Awesome!

Drives: 12 Yaris/07 yaris
Quote:
The cams them self aren't my biggest concern. It's the clearence with the buckets and if I will need different springs.

Waiting on Junichi to get back with me on this. Should know tonight where we stand.

XBG
i wonder how aggressive the cams can be without major head mods. added duration is sweet, but the lift is what makes the huge difference.

im interested to here what they say.
Scubaru Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #314
xbgod
Banned

As I thought, to run the turbo grind for JUN cams you will need to Change valve springs and buckets for tappet adjustment. None of which they have. So the question is, do they work? If so, whats the numbers they are getting.

They are not even sure when they will have these items to prove their cam grinds, which are new and not regrinds. Can't figure out why a company would make something that they cant prove results from.

They do make a N/A grind which allows you to use stock springs and stock Buckets from Toyota, which you will have to find the correct sizes on your own.

So untill someone like BC comes out with a complete set-up I belive the cam regrinds with shit like Gude does is just a useless up-hill climb.

Seems like their is always some retard trying to ice-skate up-hill.

XBG
Old 01-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #315
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

JUN cams come in three grinds, street, n/a and turbo. They are all in stock and ready to ship. They come with springs and retainers.

However, as you say, I have been unable to get any information on what car they were tested in (if they were tested) and what the results were.

So I pass for now.

Here are the specs:

1. 256 duration, 9.0mm lift (Street)
2. 272 duration, 9.5mm lift (NA)
3. 272 duration, 10.5mm lift (Turbo)
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #316
xbgod
Banned

They do not come with springs or retainers. I just spoke with Junichi who owns the place.

At least this holds true for the turbo application and the N/A.

So this still leaves me with having someone else make the buckets.

XBG
Old 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #317
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Are the above specs for both the intake & exhaust?
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #318
cdydjded

Quote:
They do not come with springs or retainers. I just spoke with Junichi who owns the place.

At least this holds true for the turbo application and the N/A.

XBG
What me to talk to Ferrera about the buckets? Im a dealer for their products.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #319
xbgod
Banned

Don't need to do that either. I'm good friends with Jon Ferrea. I had the valves springs lockers and so fourth made years ago. And can buy the stuff for, well lets just say dirt cheap. he's only 2 hours from my house in Fl. Buckets on the other hand would be a different beast altogether. Your talking about a possibility of 16 different bucket grinds. Not to mention he would need my head and alot of down time to set it up check all the clearences and so fourth. Just alot to ask without a substancial payout. This is what would be time consuming. Which is where Gude thinks he has the market. But his Remidy is shitty. Now you could do backwards math and make a different set of valves to make up the difference for the buckets. again will be time consuming. Either way this is a huge take-on. But one that needs to be done.

XBG
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #320
cdydjded

Quote:

XBG
Are you calling "the buckets" what Toyota refers to as "the lifter"? Basically its like a cup that goes on top of the spring/retainer & is were the cam lob makes contact to open/close the valve.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #321
xbgod
Banned

You got it !
Old 01-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #322
cdydjded

Quote:
You got it !
Well than thats not a problem. Toyota makes Lifters/Buckets in 35 sizes in increments of 0.020mm (0.0008 in.), from 5.060 mm (0.1992 in.)
to 5.740 mm (0.2260 in.).
Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #323
xbgod
Banned

I know that.

But depending on the grind none of them may work. Been down that road once already with schneider cams and thats also why Vance & Hines didn't want to take it on again. They did it once for Lesly in her XB and said it was a nightmare and didn't keep any of the specs. It was a one-off deal because of her race TC that they sponsor too.

XBG
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #324
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Whatever. I have the email. I was considering becoming the USA distributor, but the price turned me off.

The fact of the matter is that JUN did not do these cams alone, there is another company involved. They have been providing the springs and retainers until JUN completes their R&D.

But since you're so sure, I won't post any more about it.