Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2007, 01:12 PM   #19
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
meh it's the prices they have, plus I'm going through the dealer so i know I'm getting color matched, I'm not going through a local who I'd have to buy paint for and then put it on myself. they are covering installation issues in my warranty, and I won't have the problem of hoping the paint comes out the right color...

we're using money we saved for just this...I wouldn't mind putting it on myself, if it was something other than drilling holes and possibly screwing up that panel....

I have no probelms with direct replacement but I don't trust myself with cutting/drilling modifications....
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #20
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
sorry for the lack of updates but i just dropped the spoiler today at the dealers' body shop(DCR). i'm going to chicago for training tomorrow and i'll be back on friday, so next saturday i'll have it finished. will take pics when is done!

oh it was $100 for the paint and i'm doing the install myself.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #21
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
WOOT!!!! Hey Joey any updates?

I got some!

took my wing to the dealer and they're going to paint and install for $250 (not bad)
It should be on by THIS Friday! (4/27)
nice take pics when is all done.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #22
Ryosuke

Drives: yaris
Got my spoiler two days ago, next weekend will be mounted

Rs one
Old 04-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #23
wagoneer

Drives: 07 Liftback - Red
I've been watching Ebay for RS spoilers...none on in a while.

Any other sources for United States purchaser to get a RS spoiler without spending lotsa cash?

Tachometer installed
Mudguards installed
Rear Bumper Guard installed

FUTURE = Fog Lights, arm rest, RS spoiler, cruise, black 17" wheels
wagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #24
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
might want to look for a user named Critical88 on Ebay. he sells replicas of the RS spoiler. Makes ABS versions of the FPR one
Old 04-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #25
driver centric
I know right?

Drives: 07 Bayou LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
might want to look for a user named Critical88 on Ebay. he sells replicas of the RS spoiler. Makes ABS versions of the FPR one
I just checked, nothing for the Yaris for sale now. I really like this RS spoiler, hopefully someone else starts selling one soon!
driver centric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:08 PM   #26
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
meh it's the prices they have, plus I'm going through the dealer so i know I'm getting color matched, I'm not going through a local who I'd have to buy paint for and then put it on myself. they are covering installation issues in my warranty, and I won't have the problem of hoping the paint comes out the right color...

we're using money we saved for just this...I wouldn't mind putting it on myself, if it was something other than drilling holes and possibly screwing up that panel....

I have no probelms with direct replacement but I don't trust myself with cutting/drilling modifications....
you do realize the dealer and bodyshops buy there paint from the same same place
dealers DO NOT get there pait from Toyota, they get them mixed at the local pait supply store, just like every other body shop on earth

it is your $, waist it how you want
Old 04-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #27
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
you do realize the dealer and bodyshops buy there paint from the same same place
dealers DO NOT get there pait from Toyota, they get them mixed at the local pait supply store, just like every other body shop on earth

it is your $, waist it how you want
meh I'll WASTE it the way I want to hehe...

nah i understand what you're saying but if you knew this area the only place you'd be willing to take it to around here would be the dealer....

plus like I said I don't trust myself (with our own cars that aren't paid off) to go drilling and mounting on a panel that will be in view at all times...

letting them mount it (jsut like at any other shop) they become responsible
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote