Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #19
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
I'm running with this. Best thing next to the JDM one. Available in black stiching and red. PM cali yaris for one ... $65

http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...5&productId=12

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
gammaray

Drives: 09 3D Liftback
Mine also came with the car, andi it does get in the way of a manual trans. I just flip mine up until im on highway trips, then I will drop it down and make use of it.
gammaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #21
YellowJolt

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr LB
Send a message via AIM to YellowJolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
I am still amazed at how many people do not look at the car they are buying...
I don't know where in my post I indicated I was unaware my Yaris did not come with an armrest. I knew it as soon as I took the test drive, but I saw the armrest in the accessory catalog and figured it was an upgrade I'd have to make. I opine that Toyota should make the car with an integral center armrest.

Anywho, I can see how the Yaris accessory armrest would interfere with shifting the manual transmission, it does not place your arm in the right position for shifting comfortably and blocks access to the shifter. Thankfully, I have an automatic-equipped Yaris. You put it in "D" and roll. My 6-speed Tacoma had a padded armrest/storage bin as part of the center console and it did not interfere with shifting gears and was also a comfy place to rest your arm while on a trip.
YellowJolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #22
YellowJolt

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr LB
Send a message via AIM to YellowJolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
I'm running with this. Best thing next to the JDM one. Available in black stiching and red. PM cali yaris for one ... $65

http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...5&productId=12

I should have waited and bought that one. It looks MUCH more comfortable, and leather is much less itchy-scratchy than that burlap-style upholstery they wrap the O.E. unit in. Perhaps I will consider recovering mine in the future, but for now - mods are on hold.
YellowJolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #23
mikey4226

Drives: '09 5dr S Polar White/Charcoal
Does anyone have that armrest? I'm interested in getting that and I was just wondering how well it worked.
mikey4226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #24
CKaelin

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5 speed
I added one to mine and use it as the driver everyday. Mine is a standard transmission.

My other ride's a Gixxer!
CKaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #25
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4226 View Post
Does anyone have that armrest? I'm interested in getting that and I was just wondering how well it worked.
Lol .. I said I did when I posted that up.

And yes, it is comfy. The only thing it that it kinda gets in the way of the ebrake when you pull it up, but you can get around that.

Oh and I have the black one, not the red.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #26
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
I never notice I'm missing one, and don't think I ever used the one in my old car except to put things inside.

I've had one passenger complain though, and I said he can buy one since he's the one that would use it!
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #27
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post

And yes, it is comfy. The only thing it that it kinda gets in the way of the ebrake when you pull it up, but you can get around that.
Comfy yes, but I'm starting to think that it is not worth the problem of getting in the way of the e-break. I might be willing to sell mine.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
nerp

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Meteorite Metallic
My Yaris came with one and I use it a bit. I find that I can shift fine. I actually can just flick the shifter around without moving my hand much, mainly using my fingers. It's pretty comfortable. Sometimes I raise it so my girl can sunggle against me on a long drive. Sometimes I want it up, sometimes I want it down. There's really no rhyme or reason to my usage, but it's nice to have. It's an optional accessory so I suppose you could get it installed. Not sure how much that would run you.
nerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #29
twowheels

Drives: '09 Meteorite Metallic 3 dr MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The cover pulls right off. just lift up a little on the upper rear and it slides right off. When I reupholstered my doors, I was pulled mine off to replace the cover with leather, but the scrap I had left was about 2" shy of being enough.
Interesting... I've tried a few times (while driving, so I couldn't look at what I was doing) and it didn't come off. I guess I'll look again, this time while stationary. :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #30
Slitwrist Smile

Drives: 2008 yari sedan/2007 sc'd tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
I am still amazed at how many people do not look at the car they are buying...

What car? lol..

I would say I found something out after purchase that blew my mind.. took me over 1 year to find it. a extra "hidden" cubby in the sedan (MY 2007) thats on drivers side, right under the dimmer for the interior lights (like above the footwell, rh side). I even yelled out a "freakin sweet" just like peter from family guy.

btw, all sedans come with a stock armrest, that IMHO is great, doesnt look cheap like the way the OP is describing, and I got a stripper model. No options, even rolldown windows.
Slitwrist Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #31
kudzu71

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Send a message via AIM to kudzu71 Send a message via Yahoo to kudzu71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4226 View Post
I bought one of those. Its very comfortable and I love the extra storage, but the clip that holds the lid shut snapped off the 2nd time I opened it, and its very wobbly. The screw is as tight as it will go but I can still grab the armrest and move it back and forth about 3 inches.

I am thinking about drilling a hole in it and running the aux cable up into it so I can keep the ipod inside and hidden.
kudzu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #32
2009Toyotoad

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
If you have a manual transmission the armrest is a waste of time for the driver. Gets in the way with my long arms. I bought and installed the armrest but I don't really use it that much
2009Toyotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:53 AM   #33
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
I find that I want one during sweeping left turns... nothing to brace myself on...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:01 AM   #34
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
I'd never use it, I'm to busy shifting
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #35
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I bought one of those. Its very comfortable and I love the extra storage, but the clip that holds the lid shut snapped off the 2nd time I opened it, and its very wobbly. The screw is as tight as it will go but I can still grab the armrest and move it back and forth about 3 inches.
The one I sell comes with smaller screws also that go in from the sides, along with the main bolt in the bottom. What I did instead was run some athletic tape (what I had on hand and it's cloth) around the bottom once, then worked the armrest into place and used the main bolt in the bottom.

No movement, solid as a rock.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #36
kudzu71

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Send a message via AIM to kudzu71 Send a message via Yahoo to kudzu71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
The one I sell comes with smaller screws also that go in from the sides, along with the main bolt in the bottom. What I did instead was run some athletic tape (what I had on hand and it's cloth) around the bottom once, then worked the armrest into place and used the main bolt in the bottom.

No movement, solid as a rock.
Hmm. I might pull mine out and try that. Other than the wobble I've been very happy with it.
kudzu71 is offline   Reply With Quote