Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-10-2008, 08:24 AM   #19
Josh_G

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
You have to pay for guardrail also - may cost MORE than car!
This is no joke - the state will make you pay for property damage ...
The Yaris barely even scraped the yellow reflective sticker off the end of the guardrail, other than that, the guardrail looked exactly like it did before.

But of course the DOT replaced at least a 30 ft. section of it around where we hit.

So let Allstate pay that bill too. My rates should be up racing upward any day now. Did I mention I've only had Allstate for about 3 months?
Josh_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #20
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
You should see if they will put the Yaris in one of their Allstate commercials....
and compensate you for that, of course!
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #21
Izi.D

Drives: '08 Toyota Yaris
Hey man, good luck on that. But if you see a good deal with the dealership, I say hop on it.
Izi.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #22
Josh_G

Well, it's official, the Yaris is totaled. The insurance co. is giving me a good amount for it, but with the new house being built, now is not the time to get another car, despite how much my wife loved this car we both know its best to wait.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:51 PM   #23
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
DId you have the GAP? Was it paid for? Are you going to suffer any loss?

Consider a "substitution of collateral" ask your dealer about that and it is a win-win when a car gets totaled.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #24
Josh_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_VT View Post
DId you have the GAP? Was it paid for? Are you going to suffer any loss?

Consider a "substitution of collateral" ask your dealer about that and it is a win-win when a car gets totaled.
I had GAP insurance, but I only owed about $5K so it really didn't come into play, I always make it policy to pay off new cars in 2 years or less.

I have been working with the dealer, never heard of that "substitution of collateral" deal, is that something like where the dealer takes your totaled vehicle as a trade? I'm trying to work something along though lines, just where the dealer forgives my $5k owed since I am getting a new car, but I think of that as a best case request.

In other news, I am cleaning the Yaris out this coming weekend (20th-21st) so most likely on the 22nd I will have a few pictures of the damage if anyone would be interested in seeing it.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:37 PM   #25
Josh_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_VT View Post
Boy that is a magic phrase, I mention that and get the General Manager of the dealership on the phone in like 5 seconds, he says he wants to do whatever it takes to get us back into a Toyota. So we have an appointment on Saturday to meet with him about it. Awesome. I don't know how it will end up, but so far thanks, Bob_VT!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:19 AM   #26
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_G View Post

And it wasn't a ABS (or lack of) problem, just snowy roads, a slight hill, and poor timing with the brakes. My wife didn't slam the brakes, or even brake hard. We wrecked on the same hill that the 18 wheeler was stuck on, just that they were going uphill and we were going downhill.
What kind of tires were you driving on?As i'm thinking snow tires might have made a big difference in the outcome.
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #27
Josh_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What kind of tires were you driving on?As i'm thinking snow tires might have made a big difference in the outcome.
It was just the default tires that come with the Yaris, so probably all-season tires.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #28
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Good luck man, sorry for the rant.

-bro No: Electricity, heat , running water for 5 days now.
TheSilkySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote