Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ He didn't indicate any intention to buy for anyone else, the way I read it. Just looking for suggestions.

Quote:
any suggestions as to what "goodies" I should look to get for my 2008 liftback
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #20
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Dang, it's hot and humid here!

Got to Narita last night and am in west Tokyo. Went by a Toyota dealership this afternoon and picked up a Toyota 86 (known as the Scion FR-S in the States) brochure for my gearhead of a son. Couldn't find anything on the Vitz, but this wasn't a full dealership but a Toyota "store" called 'Toyopet' (the name of the first Toyota vehicle sold in America back in July 1958. It was a poor seller, so Toyota pulled out of the US market until such time as it could produce a better-designed vehicle, which was the Corona in 1965).

A little research reveals I need to visit a Toyota Netz Store for info on the Vitz (there are different "stores" for each model, and the Yaris/Vitz is sold at these stores; hence why they didn't have anything on it), and the closest one to me is in Fuchu (about 12km away).

I have seen numerous Yaris/Vitz running around and have some pics of the nicer ones. They are pretty common here...

More to come.

Cheers! M2
Old 08-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Dang, it's hot and humid here!

Got to Narita last night and am in west Tokyo. Went by a Toyota dealership this afternoon and picked up a Toyota 86 (known as the Scion FR-S in the States) brochure for my gearhead of a son. Couldn't find anything on the Vitz, but this wasn't a full dealership but a Toyota "store" called 'Toyopet' (the name of the first Toyota vehicle sold in America back in July 1958. It was a poor seller, so Toyota pulled out of the US market until such time as it could produce a better-designed vehicle, which was the Corona in 1965).

A little research reveals I need to visit a Toyota Netz Store for info on the Vitz (there are different "stores" for each model, and the Yaris/Vitz is sold at these stores; hence why they didn't have anything on it), and the closest one to me is in Fuchu (about 12km away).

I have seen numerous Yaris/Vitz running around and have some pics of the nicer ones. They are pretty common here...

More to come.

Cheers! M2
Go to Toyota MegaWeb in Odaiba. Not sure how to get there from where you are staying? Are you staying in Kanagawa prefecture??

Your son will like pics from Toyota MegaWeb. You get to pay 300 yen to drive any transmission type any Toyota car running on the street as of recent. They let you drive it in the back area on a customer course at 40 km. MUST DO when you go there! they have whatever brochure you want there for any car. Some concept cars are present there sometimes as well as Toyota GT racercars.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:38 AM   #22
Aiko Cargo

Drives: 2000 Fun Cargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
You live pretty close to the Air Force base then. I needed the del sol interior map lights that goes right next to the lock
About a two hour drive away, and I'll try and find those lights for you. Send me a pm with your zip
Aiko Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:10 AM   #23
MadMax

Somehow during my walks around Fussa I found a Netz dealership (or maybe it somehow called to me! ) and after picking up some brochures and a few freebies on the Toyota 86 (known as the Scion FR-S in the States), I also decided to see how much an OEM Netz emblem for the front of Sprocket would cost. Surprisingly, it turned out to be only ¥2300 (just under $30)! The downside is that they had to order it, but it will be in later this afternoon; but that means another long walk in the sweltering heat.

They also had a sweet Vitz racer that I just had to take some pics of...

Saw this nice liftback earlier this week...

And I couldn't resist this family photo!

Heading home tomorrow, it was an interesting visit but I will not miss the humidity!

Cheers! M2

Last edited by MadMax; 09-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:45 AM   #24
MadMax

By the way, this guy at the Netz store in Fussa was very helpful in getting me a Netz emblem for my Yaris...

Hiroyuki Narahara

If you're ever in the area, drop by and ask for Hiroyuki; he speaks some english and took the time to figure out what I wanted despite my extremely limited Japanese!

Cheers! M2

Last edited by MadMax; 08-31-2012 at 07:11 AM.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #25
MadMax

I also picked this little guy up at Narita airport, I don't know what his real name is but I'm gonna call him Sprocket...

He matches my interior quite nicely!

Cheers! M2
Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #26
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

MadMax, what city were you in when you saw that black Vitz w/the gold rims??

I follow quite a few Vitz blogs in Japanese, and that black one seems to have a blog. Just curious, and i could trace the blog link to you when i find it in my bookmarks!

Glad you saw a lot of Vitz, was totally the opposite for me. This year was especially hot there, my friends complained non-stop haha.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #27
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
MadMax, what city were you in when you saw that black Vitz w/the gold rims??

I follow quite a few Vitz blogs in Japanese, and that black one seems to have a blog. Just curious, and i could trace the blog link to you when i find it in my bookmarks!

Glad you saw a lot of Vitz, was totally the opposite for me. This year was especially hot there, my friends complained non-stop haha.
Kioshi

It was just outside the gate at Yakota Air Base in Fussa.

If you do get a hold of the owner, can you see if he knows what this guy is from?!?

Oh, and tell him I think he's got a really nice car!

Cheers! M2
Old 09-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #28
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Kioshi

It was just outside the gate at Yakota Air Base in Fussa.

If you do get a hold of the owner, can you see if he knows what this guy is from?!?

Oh, and tell him I think he's got a really nice car!

Cheers! M2
Will do, I'll contact you via PM and share his blog link.

Can you snap a better picture of the tag that is attached to it? I can read it and tell you quicker than contacting the owner haha. It looks simple from that angle, no krazy kanji :P
Old 09-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #29
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Quote:
Haha! That's BAIKINMAN! (pronounced like "biking man") which literally translates to "bacteria man". Cool character. You can find out more about that character and his "pals" on wikipedia

That Netz Vitz is cool! Did you see the roll cage in there? You can actually buy it like that to race in their Vitz-only Netz Cup races.

Hoped you like Japan despite the sweltering heat. Yokota Air Base used to have some neat events that even included drifting and gymkhana on the runways.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #30
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Haha! That's BAIKINMAN! (pronounced like "biking man") which literally translates to "bacteria man". Cool character. You can find out more about that character and his "pals" on wikipedia

That Netz Vitz is cool! Did you see the roll cage in there? You can actually buy it like that to race in their Vitz-only Netz Cup races.

Hoped you like Japan despite the sweltering heat. Yokota Air Base used to have some neat events that even included drifting and gymkhana on the runways.
Sweet! thanks for the info on ばいきんまん (Baikinman)...

Quote:

The villain from the "Germ Planet" and is the leader of the Viruses. His Japanese name means "Bacteria Man". His ambition is to destroy Anpanman and spread bacteria all over the latter's world, yet he is perfectly content to play tricks, steal, and bully those weaker than him. He and Anpanman were born at the same time, making them physical representations of moral dualism. He has a weakness to soap, which shrinks him to the size of a fly. He constructs machines and thinks of intricate plans to counteract Anpanman's strength. His two famous phrases are signature cackle, "Ha-hee-hoo-hey-hoo!"; and "Bye-baikiiin!", which he utters out whenever he's sent flying by Anpanman.

As for the racing Vitz I saw at the Netz dealer, I really wish I could have taken pics of the inside but I didn't want to intrude. I did see the roll cage as well as the instrument panel, it was really decked out!

I enjoyed my time in Japan, it was hot and very humid, and coming from such a dry place as Texas I was sweltering; but I was happy that I was able to get out and see as much as I could.

Of course, getting a real OEM Netz badge for Sprocket was the highlight; but I also liked seeing all the Vitz running around!

Cheers! M2
Old 09-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #31
MadMax

Just got back from nine days on Okinawa, saw a bunch more Vitz and bought another Baikinman for my youngest son. Pics to follow...

Cheers! M2
Old 01-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #32
MadMax

Well, I'm heading back to the same location outside of Tokyo in a few weeks; any suggestions on what to buy for my Yaris? I already got a OEM Netz emblem up front, and I picked up a couple more Baikinman while on Okinawa...

Cheers! M2
Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #33
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Get all the anpanman characters for your son!
Maybe shokupanman? Basically a superman with a slice-of-bread face. You need a hero to fight the villain.
Have fun!
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:12 AM   #34
MadMax

Well, our trip back to Tokyo was a bust! First, we fly in during the worst snowstorm in over 45 years (13" in one 24-hour period, whereas Fussa normally gets about 4" during the entire month of February!). Then we hear there's suppose to be an even worse storm the weekend we leave, so we make our way to Narita only to find Delta airlines has cancelled all their flights! I catch the bus back to Yokota and get stuck there until Sunday only to find the bus going back to the airport wasn't running due to all the abandoned vehicles on the highway! Luckily, I meet up with two other dudes who need to get to the airport, so we slush our way down to the train station and make our way there. I got out and home just in time to turn around and fly to Brazil for a week (no Yarii down there, unfortunately).

As such I didn't get any chance to really go shopping or go by the Netz dealership that I visited on my last trip. With what little time I had at Narita, I looked around but couldn't find any more Baikinman items nor a Horrorman (my second favorite).

Brazil was fun but hot because it is summer down there. They're all fired up about the World Cup starting in June, I saw a lot of cool compact cars we don't get here in the US but as I stated no Yaris. Mine was patiently awaiting my return when I got back home at midnight last night!

Cheers! M2
Old 02-23-2014, 04:44 AM   #35
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Welcome back to the States! Sorry for the unforeseen events.
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #36
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
Welcome back to the States! Sorry for the unforeseen events.
Thanks, but it happens and dealing with it is all a part of the job. Still, I wish conditions would have been better so I could have gotten out more...