Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #19
Murtaza_murti

Drives: Toyota Belta
Changed the following:

- Spark Plug's.
- Air Filter.
- Engine Oil.
- Engine Oil Filter.
- Cleaned the Throttle Body.

After all of that, it is still giving me 48 Kms per block.
Murtaza_murti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #20
Murtaza_murti

Drives: Toyota Belta
Anyone here to help?
Murtaza_murti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #21
SilToYaris

Drives: Toyota YarisLE HB Silver 2009
Send a message via MSN to SilToYaris
Hi all! First look at the problems. When i first get my Yaris it was very econimical for about first 20 000Km "stock". Then i started to put some HP Enhencer; Cold air, Injectors, Performance muffler,Changes the KS emplacement. With that in mind the ECU recalculate all the fuel maps and then put them in "Cell" Driver's habits. It almost sure that the car MPG will drop significanly. The best thing you can do is that you clean everything MAF heating resistor the IAT Throttle plate and do an ECU reset. Drive it very normally and it should be better in your mileage rates. ;) It works for me....
SilToYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:48 AM   #22
lomo13

Drives: Vios 1.3 (Asian Market)
hi.

500 kms per full tank is a bit unrealistic, especially in a hot country, and probably questionable quality of fuel.
plus the 1000 cc engine's probably underpowered, so you end up not getting enough power, and the engine's overworked (and may consume more petrol to get the engine revving and starting).

change your driving style, and try to keep the revs below 2,500 rpm. i get 450 km per tank, est 17km/l in real world driving conditions out of my 1300 m/t yaris sedan.

you mentioned that there are a lot of uphill roads in your country, inclined roads make the engine work harder and consume less more petrol.

also try to take out the unnecessary junk inside the vehicle. leave just the spare tire in the boot, if necessary.

try to drive sensibly. sometimes the best modification is done behind the wheel.
lomo13 is offline   Reply With Quote