Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #19
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Answer: yes.
Solution: Garm's engine.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #20
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
BTW, I don't see how people can hate a car they've never driven. You can hate the looks of a car, or you can hate the car when it sends you to the mechanic all the time because it never works...

I think the poster who wrote about cars being status symbols is absolutely correct! People may look down on the fact that the Yaris is an entry level car but clearly do not appreciate its qualities.

F'em

tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #21
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I don't think the Fit drivers have much room to talk about modifying a "cheap economy car". Put some suspension mods on your Yaris and see who gets the last laugh my friend.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #22
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ so true. I ate Fits for lunch at the track with bolt-on mods and some suspension work.

People only think in terms of straight-line performance (which is really fun, don't get me wrong). But on a road coarse, a canyon run, or other driving where turns are involved, the Yaris is really quite good.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #23
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
... or other driving where turns are involved, the Yaris is really quite good.
+1

Great quality when you're trying to find parking. You can turn on a dime.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
neo1985

Drives: yaris hb s
Send a message via MSN to neo1985
hehe.. i love my yaris.. thats why we bought it at the 1st place
neo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
One day you'll learn to not give a flying fart what anyone thinks about what car you choose to drive. Until then tell your 'friends' to frak off.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:12 PM   #26
jdinrc

Drives: 2009 Yaris Blazing Blue 3dr
I've had my Yaris for less than 6 months and I've already had 3 people ask me about it because they were thinking of getting a more fuel-efficient car, and were amazed at how much car I got for the money I spent. The guy who was driving the HUGE Chevy truck 135 miles each way every day to work was especially interested.
jdinrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:02 AM   #27
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
^ so true. I ate Fits for lunch at the track with bolt-on mods and some suspension work.

People only think in terms of straight-line performance (which is really fun, don't get me wrong). But on a road coarse, a canyon run, or other driving where turns are involved, the Yaris is really quite good.
Exactly what i tell people...and if they dont believe you, take the on ramp on the freeway where it goes in a loop. You'll easily leave them in the dust, power isnt everything~

I'm jacking your quote and using it as a sig Garm
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #28
tomato
Super Moderator

"I ate Fits for lunch..." It IS pretty funny
Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #29
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:

+1

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #30
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
haha, you're welcome to it. Just don't post in on FitFreak, please, I'm trying to sell them stuff - LOL
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #31
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Just about everyone who sees my car likes it. Any one who rides in it is pretty amazed at how quick it is, even in straight line acceleration. I out accelerated my friend in her manual Chevy Cavalier and she was amazed... She really likes my Yaris now

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #32
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
The Yaris is definately a "threat in disguise". I find it interesting with this car though that it can be modded into so many different spectrums. The Yaris looks awesome if you decide to go the style and pimp type of look, it looks and performs awesome if you go performance direction with it...and not to mention that the car is a perfect blend of style and function already in it's stock form! Not too many other cars I can think of that can be made into something so great in so many different directions.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #33
marlondog
Shut your fricken suck!!!

Drives: 07' liftback
It's because the Yaris hasn't had the chance to prove itself to the American Public. I live in L.A, and everyone thinks that that because it isn't a Honda,it ain't about $#!+. Most the people who drive these beat up Civics or Integras look down their nose at the car because it has not proven to be a racer and they try to make themselves feel better because their car is 12 years old, and they aren't driving a high-end car. I say supe your car up, challenge one of these punks on a track, and give them that laugh or giggle that they give you when you beat them. Other than that, you have to deal with the criticism if you are driving stock.
marlondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #34
tomato
Super Moderator

^ I drive stock, and I know the limitations of the car , but anyone criticizing my new ride can kiss my
Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #35
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
Part of the problem in is your living in a materialistic world. You need to take a long road trip and look at the way people live. You would not believe how many people out there are living in the crappiest apartments with bugs running around but drive modded out cars that cost 3 times as much as a comparably modded out Yaris. You also see places where people own nice homes that are driving new cheap stock cars or junkers because they are sinking there money into the house but not there rides.

There are groups of people on both sides of this and none of them are better than the next. You live the life of what you want to live just be happy with it.

I’m sure you have been talking to someone about sports and they said “my team” did this. So he owns the team? No. So he plays for the team? No. So he has stock in the team? No. So they pay you in some way to do something for the team? No. Then why dose he call it “my team”? because he came form a materialistic generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
^ I drive stock, and I know the limitations of the car , but anyone criticizing my new ride can kiss my
I’m all most 98% with you on this. I tossed in a rear sway bar to make it handle better because I spend 20+ hours in my car most weeks. If I tossed out 300 pounds of the crap I needed for my job then I would not need the sway bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
It's different, that's it. At least you don't have to deal with the ignorant and uneducated fools here in Detroit as I do. Somehow they think the "American" car they are driving is somehow made 100% in the U.S. with U.S. parts only, no outside or foreign parts in the vehicle. And they think some how my Yaris killed the economy and auto sales...
Some one needs to reread the NAFTA agreement and play by there rules. If a part is made out of the USA and repacked in the USA with a bunch of paperwork and meat the conditions then you can toss the made in the USA on it. I can think of a few plants I have been in that have departments that repack over seas parts and call it made in the USA.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #36
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
Just about everyone who sees my car likes it. Any one who rides in it is pretty amazed at how quick it is, even in straight line acceleration. I out accelerated my friend in her manual Chevy Cavalier and she was amazed... She really likes my Yaris now
Right on!

It almost seems to "boost" at mid-range even on stock power

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote