Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #19
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Did a fill earlier . Got 42.796 m.p.g.. Eco-Meter was 41.4 ( set @ 94 ) . Last bar was blinking . May reset E.M. to 95 this tank or next . Can be a bit of nuisance trying to get more accurate reading . The bars do help squeeze out more savings at the pump .
Attached Images

Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #20
Walts

Drives: '08 5dr HB 5spd
My set up isn't as conventional and definitely not for everyone, but it works great for me, so as an option I'll throw it out there.

I run my iPhone to do the job of the ScanGauge.

I bought an ExoMount from eBay, a no-name OBD II to Wifi adapter also from eBay and the Rev app by DevToaster.

Total cost: $40 for the mount, $40 for the app, $70 for the WiFi adapter for a total of $150.

...considerably more if you add the cost of an iPhone in there though.

But I like this set up as the Rev app is quite flexible in that you can choose which gauges you want, including instant mpg, RPMs, speed, coolant temp, intake temp etc.
In my mind it looks better too since the gauges match my gauge cluster. Finally another pro is that I can use the iPhone as a GPS! Navfree is a great app that doesn't use data for GPS, is free and the dash mount is a great place for it!
Attached Images

Walts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #21
Walts

Drives: '08 5dr HB 5spd
Oh and I forgot to mention, I usually get around 85km/bar or 52 miles/bar. However I have a 5-spd, my driving habits are relatively conservative and I haven't used A/C yet (just got the car 2 months ago).

Last fill up my fuel economy was 6.1L/100km or 38.56 mpg !! Mainly city driving but traffic isn't too bad and speed limit is usually 60km/h or 37mph.
Walts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:59 AM   #22
edmscan

Drives: 2020 Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts View Post
Last fill up my fuel economy was 6.1L/100km or 38.56 mpg
My goal (which I haven't successfully achieved) is to consistently get 5-5.5 L/100km on my ScanGauge ... but so far it has been a challenge in the city. I think that your mileage is very very acceptable for city driving.
edmscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
mtlguy

Drives: 2010 yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay cobbs View Post
Just bought a Ultra meter direct from web site Looked good with multi display and small size but 5 dash warning lights came on when pluged to the OBDII port right off. had to unplug and shut off engine and drive around to clear warning dash lights. not to happy. was pluged in for 10 mins and wouldnt find prper code on yaris sedan. I guess what Im saying is stay with scan gauge or found a KIWI MPG METER at frys and amazon that looks easy. Good luck. Thats from Jay...Gotta go Play....Have a great one today.....

I have the same car as you and was thinking of getting the UG....did they refund your money? Did you call customer support?
Did you drive around with the UG so that it can reset itself?

I know..too many questions..sorry
mtlguy is offline   Reply With Quote