Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
PhilD424

Drives: Red Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
these front struts f'ing blow. having a bitch time getting off one side's top strut bolt. F'k you bolt!
Welcome to the joy of working on japped cars :)
Old 05-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #20
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
grow some muscles?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
One of my "durrrr" moments in life, I was still really tired from staying up late last night. Took me a minute to realize that while holding the allen key and the wrench, I was turning right instead of left with the wrench. No wonder why it was being a bastard, was tightening it haha.

I'm about half way done, the spring compressor I had was garbage. Waiting for a corner shop to finish swapping everything over for the front struts then I'll be well on my way to the rears. Pics later
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #22
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
One of my "durrrr" moments in life, I was still really tired from staying up late last night. Took me a minute to realize that while holding the allen key and the wrench, I was turning right instead of left with the wrench. No wonder why it was being a bastard, was tightening it haha.

I'm about half way done, the spring compressor I had was garbage. Waiting for a corner shop to finish swapping everything over for the front struts then I'll be well on my way to the rears. Pics later
spring compressors not needed ... ?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
A spring compressor is a good idea in the front, but the rears will just fall out - they take minutes to change out.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #24
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Yes it was the front's I'm having swapped over. Should be done here soon with that and then I'll be well on my way to finishing up.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #25
Tamago

hmm, i guess i just do it differently than most... i've never needed a spring compressor. i find them to be more dangerous in most cases (lightweight vehicles) than they're worth.
you nailed it sir.