Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #19
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA View Post
If I go ahead and place it under the passenger seat, there would only be about a foot of 4ga running from the distro to the amp, but about 5 or 6 feet to the mono amp. If I have to make a compromise and get noise in either my door speakers or my sub, I'd get it on my sub, which cannot play high frequency noises I guess.

Still have no idea how I'm going to go with mounting it tho, since the area under the ebrake/shifter is a messy pile of bare metal everywhere.
You shouldn't get noise unless you forget to tighten the screws down on the d-block... or you use 10awg cable instead of 4awg.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #20
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
Then I guess I'm good then.

Just mounted the distro block on a piece of 3/4" plywood I had lying around from a previous project. Since it has a plastic cover and is mounted on plywood now, I think the risk of it shorting on something are pretty slim.

Now I'll just go sit and stare at that are between the front seats to see where I'll be able to cram it. I'll also have to see where to ground my trunk amp because the rear seat bolts decided to be assholes and bend instead of loosening up when I tried to remove them, and getting them out will be a real bitch I'll try to avoid for now.

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:07 AM   #21
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
well, awesome.

I just mounted the distro block right where I wanted to, I noticed 2 bolts about an inch apart next to the ebrake, so, I screwed two ... " flat metal rectangles with two screw holes" (my english falls short sometimes, bear with me :P) to the underside of the plywood base I made for the distro block, and put the bolts through the other holes, let's just say it won't be moving anywhere anytime soon =)

Now, for some reason, I noticed my HU isn't sending a 12V signal thru the blue/white cable, I sent a remote turn on cable to the back of the car, checked with a DMM and there's continuity between the HU and the wire on my trunk, but then I turn on the HU and take a voltage reading between it and the chassis, I get really lame and inconsistent readings around 2-3V.
I don't have an amp hooked up to the remote turn on cable, does the HU somehow only send the signal when there's something hooked up?

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote