Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #19
Frank the Tank

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
not to hijack the thread, but seeing as a few of you guys are from the GTA, where do you buy/order your parts?

im new to the forum and getting a 07 4dr hb this upcoming week and suspension/tires/brakes are the first things i want to change on this car
Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:09 PM   #20
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
not to hijack the thread, but seeing as a few of you guys are from the GTA, where do you buy/order your parts?

im new to the forum and getting a 07 4dr hb this upcoming week and suspension/tires/brakes are the first things i want to change on this car
Well springs online or have a look on Kijiji tires directly from manufacture I work at Toyota so it's easier as for brakes I see no need to upgrade unless u plan to race ur car lol and also on here lots of stuff ppl have for sale.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #21
Exiwolfman

And don't forget rear swaybar like the TRD is best money spend.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #22
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I use RockAuto.com and ship it to my PO box in Niagara Falls just over the border.

If it's a part I need asap I go to Parts Source and pay way to much.

Anything aftermarket/performance is usually off of this forum from the classifieds or ebay iif nothing is for sale on this forum.

I'll echo what Exi said about the brakes. Just run better pads and swap to stainless steel front brake lines and you'll be more than happy.

Enjoy your Yaris, great dependable daily driver and with the right knowledge and hard work it can become a damn fun car to push limits in.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:58 AM   #23
Frank the Tank

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
awesome

thanks for the help guys
Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #24
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Found these the other day:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-4-STRUTS...702?nav=SEARCH

Anyone know if they're any good?
Old 11-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #25
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader166 View Post
Found these the other day:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/STAGG-4-STRUTS...702?nav=SEARCH

Anyone know if they're any good?
no idea price looks good guess you will be the first to find out hahaha
i run on teins and kyb's
Old 11-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #26
tmontague

The price looks good, although it is a little suspect with how low their priced. Worst case scenario the shocks blow out and then you need to buy new shocks/struts but you have springs.

There was a company selling cheap shocks/struts a while ago and they were priced similarly but blew out within a few months.

I'm interested in these because as of now with the Tokiko Blues no longer made there are no stiffer/sport shocks/strut options for the Yaris other than coil overs. TRD makes them but the price is just over $400 USD which I crazy high.

At that price you might as well just get Teine Basis coil overs.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #27
invader166
Pumpman

I know right? Very suspect...

I ended up pulling the trigger and got a set of these Stagg shocks/struts.
I'm going to use them with Microimage springs. Curious to see how they'll perform!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:05 PM   #28
tmontague

Keep us al updated, if they turn out to be durable and they are stiffer than oem, then we now have a new option for stiffer/lowered struts and shocks
Old 11-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #29
invader166
Pumpman

Well...there's also KYB as an alternative. I found them for sale with the same springs here:

http://brandcarparts.com/shocks-stru...-1-4-drop.html

If the shocks I bought end up blowing out quickly, I'll just get a set of those.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:28 PM   #30
tmontague

I thought the excel G's were the same dampening as the OEM?

I think ExiWolfman has a set maybe he can chime in and give his feedback. If the Excel G's are in fact stiffer than oem, then they are a good price point and a good option for us with lowering springs looking for a relatively inexpensive stiffer/performance suspension set up
Old 11-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #31
invader166
Pumpman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
I thought the excel G's were the same dampening as the OEM?
Really? I actually thought they were the same as TRD...

Now I'm totally confused!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #32
tmontague

it may be different for the Yaris versions, but after reading through other car forums the excel G's are at best slightly stiffer than OEM, some state stiffer many state softer. They aren't considered a stiff high performance spring like tokiko Blues were.

That's just what I came up with after doing a bunch of reading.

For those who are running Excel G's please correct me if I'm wrong
Old 11-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #33
my07ty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Anyone running tanabe df's?
my07ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #34
jmanous

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 2007
I am running GR2s (excel Gs is just rebranding) with megan racing springs 1.5" lower than stock. The ride is a little bouncy, sometimes annoying at high speeds on NJ roads. The handling though is way better than stock with this setup (I also have TRD sway bar and DC sports strut bar).

I also run new GR2s on my old avensis with stock springs. This setup was really soft and the new KYBs felt the same as the 90k worn struts - poor choice.

Overall, as other members will say, KYB with lowering springs is a cheap alternative setup that defers the inevitable, transition to quality coilovers.

BTW, is there anybody that blew their KYBs by using lowering springs? I am afraid that mine will pass away before the 10K landmark...
jmanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:05 PM   #35
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanous View Post
BTW, is there anybody that blew their KYBs by using lowering springs? I am afraid that mine will pass away before the 10K landmark...
Whoa, that's concerning. KYB was my front runner if/when my stock struts/shocks go, but 10k isn't going to cut it. People on the forum have gotten a lot more than that out of OEM with lowering springs...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #36
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanous View Post
I am running GR2s (excel Gs is just rebranding) with megan racing springs 1.5" lower than stock. The ride is a little bouncy, sometimes annoying at high speeds on NJ roads. The handling though is way better than stock with this setup (I also have TRD sway bar and DC sports strut bar).

I also run new GR2s on my old avensis with stock springs. This setup was really soft and the new KYBs felt the same as the 90k worn struts - poor choice.

Overall, as other members will say, KYB with lowering springs is a cheap alternative setup that defers the inevitable, transition to quality coilovers.

KYB and Tein springs so about 2 inch drop with no problems after 50-60km , also make sure u cut down ur bump stops ..ride is good and the bouncing as ppl say is more do to ur springs i find .
Had sportlines before with same kyb's and it was a stiffer ride the teins can be little more bouncy and are definitely softer .