Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
How did you pay to start?

If it was a check, cancel that thing NOW.
If it was Paypal, start filing a fraud report NOW.

You basically handed over $3,000 + to a ex-employee of a company whom you are purchasing a product.

If PE cant get ahold of this guy, its time to start taking some form of legal action.
I agree. Best of luck to you.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #20
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
lol paypal is such a joke. that's why i stopped using them and ebay cause they could give a shit about you. i can't be too pissed about losing 3k because frankly i brought it on myself by going back to using their service. oh well it's only money.

"If this claim is decided in your favor, PayPal will make every effort to recover funds from the seller. We will investigate this matter fairly and, if you win, recover whatever funds we can."

that's the little tidbit most folks don't know... basically what they are saying is if the money isn't still in the other person's paypal account then you are fucked cause that's about as far as their authority reaches. which is funny to me cause if i was out to rip somebody off, why would i leave the money in my paypal account. god i hate paypal. more than i hate people like evan because they provide a venue for people like him. but yeah, life goes on. guess i'll start saving for the blitz from garm.

Last edited by frownonfun; 04-07-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: yellow not a good color on white
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #21
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Don't let it go FOF - sick the law dogs on that jackass.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:14 PM   #22
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Evan is one of the main reasons I didn't buy the kit.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #23
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
That's crazy. You really shouldn't just go "oh well my fault for using shitty paypal" I would fucking sue for 3k. Contact the company even if he doesn't work there anymore and freak them out. Maybe I'm just too poor, but idk even when I paypaled someone $10 and they took too long to ship something out, I was on their ass. Its not the amount its the principle of the matter of someone getting away with it.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #24
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
lol paypal is such a joke. that's why i stopped using them and ebay cause they could give a shit about you. i can't be too pissed about losing 3k because frankly i brought it on myself by going back to using their service. oh well it's only money.

"If this claim is decided in your favor, PayPal will make every effort to recover funds from the seller. We will investigate this matter fairly and, if you win, recover whatever funds we can."

that's the little tidbit most folks don't know... basically what they are saying is if the money isn't still in the other person's paypal account then you are fucked cause that's about as far as their authority reaches. which is funny to me cause if i was out to rip somebody off, why would i leave the money in my paypal account. god i hate paypal. more than i hate people like evan because they provide a venue for people like him. but yeah, life goes on. guess i'll start saving for the blitz from garm.

Paypal will go into their bank account to get the funds. I was scammed for a laptop and Paypal recovered all of the money from their bank after the investigation. They had shutdown their Paypal account after they took the funds out.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #25
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Frownonfun, if you need help tracking him down, I'm more than willing to help.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Each state is going to be a little different as far as terms. Interstate commerce laws are bit more tricky, but he's already violated the terms of this agreement based on the claims and demands he has posted in here on this forum. It doesn't have to be a completed transaction to break the law, it just has to be said or implied, which there is record of such in this forum. Proving his intent is even harder, but with a good lawyer, pretty easy at that point.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #27
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
SO still no luck

???
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #28
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Unbefuckinglievable.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:18 PM   #29
33OH

I find it very believable. Evan seemed like a tool.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #30
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
That's a lot of money and this guy basically stole it. Is there a way to file charges in his area for this theft?
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #31
POORSHA

Drives: 2008 LB
If it were me I'd take a plane, then a taxi and wait outside the MFs house. 3 grand holy s**t!
POORSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #32
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Good to know anyone can send a few bucks to our admins and scam people. I'm sure there will be some internal soul searching if this goes down how we fear it will.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #33
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Good to know anyone can send a few bucks to our admins and scam people. I'm sure there will be some internal soul searching if this goes down how we fear it will.
I believe he was no longer a vendor when the sale went down... Probably because he wasn't working for them anymore..
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #34
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
This is so wrong.

I read that thread and he made some comment about 'no amount of money being worth jail time' - here's hoping he finds out just how true that statement was.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #35
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
well...

thanks for all the advice first off. right now i'm just trying to take all this in and be calm. there are a lot of unknowns right now and so i'm just trying to be patient and see how things pan out.

so far i've filed a dispute with paypal. this was then escalated moments later into a claim when paypal took me to a page that said he was unable to respond to the dispute. this made no sense to me whatsoever but whatever. a claim has been filed.

i also phoned PE again to ask them if they have talked to evan and the woman told me she had. and according to him paypal hasn't put the money in his account yet. (yes apparently i paid into his personal paypal account) i guess he is saying it hasn't processed. on my end, however, it indicates differently. this i tried to explain to the asian woman on the phone but she was little help. plus honestly it was hard to get mad at her sounding as adorable as she does. but aside from that they don't seem all that concerned with my situation so i doubt i'll get much help from them. so for now i'm not gonna press them... frankly talking to them seems like a waste of time.

i know someone in here was saying that paypal can go into your bank account. but i just can't share your faith in paypal. again i stress that's only if they have the money in their bank account. i used to buy and sell a lot on ebay and there was an instance where i didn't get what i ordered, filed a claim, and at the end of the day i was out about $300 dollars cause paypal was basically like "sorry, bub, we tried."

and as far as law dogs, well, it turned out this guy built up good feedback and then scammed like a whole bunch of people around the same time and so there was quite a case against him. but, it turns out, law enforcement is far less concerned with restitution than a conviction. so none of us ever saw a dime.

but im not totally pessimistic... or else i wouldn't even have asked you guys what you thought or filed a claim or called PE. i know i said oh well but really i just mean i'm not gonna get all stressed out and turn this into some mission from god to find evan. and right now i'm gonna let paypal handle this through their investigation of my claim. we'll see what they say and what he says and go from there i suppose. for all i know right now this is just some big misunderstanding.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #36
jdinrc

Drives: 2009 Yaris Blazing Blue 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Each state is going to be a little different as far as terms. Interstate commerce laws are bit more tricky, but he's already violated the terms of this agreement based on the claims and demands he has posted in here on this forum. It doesn't have to be a completed transaction to break the law, it just has to be said or implied, which there is record of such in this forum. Proving his intent is even harder, but with a good lawyer, pretty easy at that point.
Don't forget that if he doesn't cough up the product, crossing state lines and doing this over the internet makes it Federal Wire Fraud as well as Larceny, and Federal means it's a case under the jurisdiction of the FBI. I wouldn't hesitate to contact the FBI and let PE know that you have. The FBI may even want to look at PE's records to see if he was doing this while he was still an employee, which could implicate PE as an accessory. Maybe PE will lean a little harder on this bum to prevent that kind of liability.
jdinrc is offline   Reply With Quote