Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #19
evil genius

Drives: 09 Yaris S 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
I don't know if they actually are the same size, but someone already swapped lexus emblems on their yaris a while back.
You need the emblem from a new model GS. I did mine a while back.

Sorry, I don't know how to post pics.
evil genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
lexus sportio. with netz badges front and back, give the doctors something to worry about
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #21
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
uhh.. I'm kinda pissed, because i got a parking ticket a while back. But i decided to remove the "yaris" emblem because it was not very straight after the dealer redone the trunk lid.

the ticket said "TOYOTA" with my plate on it, but on the model field it said "unidentified" (IND). Now, i wanna test Montreal's parking officers, and actually put something like "Honda Accord" on the back, see what they'll write on the ticket. rofl. I also do NOT have a toyota logo in the back for some rust reasons...
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #22
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
uhh.. I'm kinda pissed, because i got a parking ticket a while back. But i decided to remove the "yaris" emblem because it was not very straight after the dealer redone the trunk lid.

the ticket said "TOYOTA" with my plate on it, but on the model field it said "unidentified" (IND). Now, i wanna test Montreal's parking officers, and actually put something like "Honda Accord" on the back, see what they'll write on the ticket. rofl. I also do NOT have a toyota logo in the back for some rust reasons...
wouldnt really matter, im sure they get your plates, and VIN, 2 out of 3 things and its pretty much the car identified.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #23
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
wouldnt really matter, im sure they get your plates, and VIN, 2 out of 3 things and its pretty much the car identified.
VIN number is never taken down when tickets are given by RCMP and/or Quebec/Ontario's provincial police. So basically, they only get 2 things right.. the plate number, and the colour of the car. So, it's more like a 50/50 thing, where the model and the brand name is wrong.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote