Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
LOL @ hypothetical HTML
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #20
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
1.What parts of the xa/xb 1NZFE GREDDY turbo kit can be used?
No one really knows 100% the answer to this it has not been tried by anyone here, the xB & Yaris only share the engine, the engine bay is completely different
2.Can E-manage plug and play work with the stock ecu for 7psi?
Greddy does make a PNP for the Emanage Ulimate for the Yaris, it is only sold thru Trust in Japan
3.Can you use any plug and play for the yaris?
See above, Boomslang is working on a PNP harness at this time
4.If plug and play can't be used, I assume AEM standalone is your only option?
No need to go to a standalone at low boost, will it run better yes, many here are running with stock ecu's & have had good results

5.Will anything need to be done to the motor if you are running 7psi?
based on the results of the bo0sted cars so far 7psi wih stock inernals is OK
6.What is the general price of everything needed for 7psi?(directed at you garm, I am assuming you have done the most research, I am looking to spend 4k roughly)
Under 4k no problem
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #21
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
DIDN'T YOU CRASH OR GET RID OF YOUR CAR?

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
1.What parts of the xa/xb 1NZFE GREDDY turbo kit can be used?
No one really knows 100% the answer to this it has not been tried by anyone here, the xB & Yaris only share the engine, the engine bay is completely different
my turbo setup bolted right up to a yaris, the downpipe needed about 1/2" adjustment to clear the subframe difference.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
2 differences:

1) The exhaust manifold / exhaust aligment is a LITTLE diferent but according to Tamago is only 1/2 inch so it looks like an easy fix.

2) Intake orientation. But that should be an easy fix as well. Just get a couple extra bends and make the piece of pipe that goes into the TB if needed.

Go for it
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #24
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Thank you guys for all the info, I appreciate it. Like I said again I've been glued to forced induction forum and I feel like garm is the only one with a turbo yaris that is actually explaining what he has done.

As for as me getting rid of my car, Well I got an 09 yaris 5speed because it was the only thing I could get approved for. I love the yaris so why not get it in 5speed this time. I love the car so much better, just needs a lot of mods to make it perfect.

What's the deal with the hks kit? From what I read you can only get it in Asia and it's like $7k, is that true? I mean if It was 4k and was meant for the yaris I would grab it next spring.

I don't have the money for the kit right now, and have other things I'm gonna do to the yaris first. However I want to find the right direction and plan everything out. I would be awesome if someone would just make a kit for the yaris. Even if it was 4k people would buy it. I'm going to continue looking into a turbo kit for the yaris, I just want to make sure it doesn't end up being something where I have to make everything from the ground up.

I wish garm would peice together a kit that includes turbo manifold, downpipe, intercooler, piping, intake, and oil pan for like 2-3k and you would just have to get the rest.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ possible but not probable.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #26
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerFreakXXX View Post

What's the deal with the hks kit? From what I read you can only get it in Asia and it's like $7k, is that true? I mean if It was 4k and was meant for the yaris I would grab it next spring.
we're having a hypothetical thread with information you aren't gonna use for another almost-year

the HKS kit for the xB is well under 2600 dollars.

just buy it. you won't be spending 1400 more to make it fit a yaris, i can guarantee that.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 PM   #27
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

well it would be pointless to start in the winter, seeing as I don't have a 2nd car at the moment and no garage to stick the car in. I'm going to be moving this spring, so I hope to get an apartment with a garage so by fall of 2010 I should be able to start a turbo build.

You really think the hks kit is better than the greddy kit?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #28
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ yes.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:57 AM   #29
AdeJong 03
"Stealth Runner"

Drives: 2009 Yaris-S Sedan
any links or ppl on the forum who have the hks kit?

that would be super fun.. i can just imagine the possibilities now
AdeJong 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #30
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
if i had cash or a good income.. i woulda jumped on the kit already and made it work =)

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #31
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

adejong, I believe there are three people with functioning turbos in a Yaris in the country, and all three are custom set ups. And several more from overseas.

If you're in LA, you're welcome to come by my shop in Canoga Park and see mine anytime.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #32
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
If for some reason things don't workout for me in the summer, I seriously will have the money by end of April. Already racked up 1160, so if i can still get the HKS kit for 2600 or less, I'm in to be the guinea pig for this kit. And like Garm has said, i would need to fine someone who can tune it right? I don't mind having someone in SoCal finding me a trust worthy tuner to do the turbo setup there. I'll do the drive and back up w/ a scooter if i have to~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #33
JBIZZ

Drives: 2007 Liftback white
Trying to post a split second tuning guide & ECM printout (pdf), which are used for a Rotrex install. This info should be helpful for a turbo install as well.

You'll need Boost & wideband air/fuel gauges, better spark plugs, and bigger fuel injectors. One problem is the speed at which the stock drive by wire throttle body opens, working on solving this issue with a magnetic actuator vs. servo motor. The install will still work with stock TB, just will not have as quick of a response. I am currently using the 1ZZ TB on my Rotrex install.

Theoretically, a turbo install could be achieved for @ $1000, if the parts are bought right.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf YarisControl ecm pinout.pdf (163.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf Split Second tuning guide.pdf (1.03 MB, 12 views)

Last edited by JBIZZ; 08-20-2009 at 10:42 PM.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #34
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZZ View Post

Theoretically, a turbo install could be achieved for @ $1000, if the parts are bought right.
yup
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118234
you nailed it sir.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #35
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

What's the deal with pistons? I cant' seem to find anything that's specific fit to the 1nzfe, are they all custom order? Also are the gains from a supercharger (with full exhaust and intake) the same as a turbocharger running an average of 7-8psi?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #36
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Pistons

CP has pistons on the shelf & Crower has rods
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote