Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #19
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I also think the Yaris is the best looking car of the three, and subjectively I believe the Yaris will be the least expensive to maintain. Also, it probably will have the highest resale/trade in value after a few years, but to each his own.......
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #20
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I just got the Consumer Reports December issue and it pitted the Yaris, FIT and Versa as well as the KIA and Hyundai cars...anyway the Fit was the only one they recomended! They didn't even recomend the Yaris! They said the car was sloppy at its limits...I'm no brain surgen but I thought this was a Yaris not a Mercedes SLR
Okay maybe its legit if you have to make evasive manuvers. I know CR recomended the ECHO but they don't care for the Yaris, not to say its all bad but...I was surprised. It seems (for me) most magazines favor the Fit cause its "sporty." Whatever!

I just found this review, it favors the Yaris over the Versa! I found it on the Versa forums, of course the Versa owners weren't too happy...and yeah you can tell its pretty bias.
http://www.askmen.com/cars/car_vs_car/5_car_vs_car.html

Last edited by ECHOKnight2000; 11-01-2006 at 09:11 PM.
ECHOKnight2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:22 PM   #21
swng

Now the same "old" faces appear for the 2007 AJAC selection:
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/gui...mentid=1201725
Old 11-22-2006, 12:31 AM   #22
swng

The 07 Yaris ranks second on a list on CNNMoney.com about the most reliable small cars. The list bases its rankings on Consumer Reports' survey research.

Guess what other cars else are on the same list, and which car ranks number one.

http://money.cnn.com/popups/2006/aut...ble/index.html

BTW, a list of the least reliable cars can also be seen through the same link.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:03 AM   #23
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo
I am having a hard time to modulate the gas pedal by not going over 70 mph. I found that I am so easy to go over 70 mph or til 85 mph.. and that yield a lower MPG.
The quote
“Getting up to cruising speed, though, can be a bit of a nailbiter. You wind up flooring the Yaris' accelerator to merge onto the highway, and at around 70 mph the car starts to feel as if it's at its limit.”
is absolutly inaccurate.
I have the same problem... its a piece of cake to get up to 90...

As said above, I have no idea what car they drove, or didn't drive????
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:06 AM   #24
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
I also think the Yaris is the best looking car of the three, and subjectively I believe the Yaris will be the least expensive to maintain. Also, it probably will have the highest resale/trade in value after a few years, but to each his own.......
i'm with you on all points :)

I got the yaris because I wanted a solid car that does what it is supposed to do and gets great MPG... anything I want I'll add myself and get EXACTLY what I want.

Frankly, crank windows last forever, mechanical door locks too... power stuff WILL break/wear out. Ive had 3 cars previous with bad power windows and finnicky power locks, no more of that! Whats worse than having to crank your window down, not having it go down at all!

I also can't tolerate driving around in a mini minivan, the fit and versa are just plain ugly. Early 90's minivan definitely rings a bell with the fit. Perhaps if they offered a true subcompact, the styling would come together better...but as of now both are just plain ugly. I have no clue how either are "subcompact" when they really arent small at all.

The reviewers just arent in the mindset of someone actually looking for an economy car I suppose... perhaps they make enough $ to easily buy 20K+ cars, and adding 4-6 grand to the price is nothing. Why I would pay more for crappy styling, lower MPG, and extras I dont want is beyond my understanding. I thought the goal here was to maximize MPG and minimize cost????? Isn't that what this class is all about???

Apples to apples, comparing the cars on the basis of what this class is all about... I'll take/took a yaris :)

Ah, and the hyundai... I like it, but I don't like the hyundai brand... my mom had infinite problems over the course of some 6-7 years with a hyundai, and I could never get behind the wheel of one with full confidence. The only way I'd drive a hyundai is if toyota built it :)

Last edited by spkrman; 11-22-2006 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:45 AM   #25
yuiedie

Drives: '07 liftback
haha yup, dont know what car they were driving, maybe they had four people in the car? the yaris is so light im always having to keep checking my speed so i dont get a ticket! although it is true that when going 60 and above the yaris starts getting harder to control because of its lightness.
yuiedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 AM   #26
spkrman
Banned

I've been over 100mph a handful of times, and its no more difficult to control than any other car at that speed. In the scheme of things, i wouldnt call it "difficult" at all. Its when you get into the big non aerodynamic SUV's that its uncomfortable to drive fast... taking even a light turn doing 100 in an SUV isn't exactly a treat, its more like "i hope this thing doesnt roll over".

Now, does the yaris have the poise of a true sports car 90+, nah not a chance lol, my bud's 3000gt is just as comfy doing 115 as it is 45.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:11 AM   #27
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
I recon Yaris/Vitz and Versa/Tiida are very good reliable cars. I have driven both and i really like them to an equal point.

I hate the yaris's back (its too fat for the rest of its body) , as i hate the Tiida's front (its boxy and its not following the cuves from behind)

I love the yaris's front (very nice small bonnet, love the lights and stock kit stylin) i love the tiidas back (Looks sexy) ha

anyway dont wanna go into much detail....might start a debate.

But fit, that shouldnt be classified as a car. Who names a car FIT.... ugly little shit
Old 11-22-2006, 08:39 AM   #28
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
it is kind of funny that the one review has the fit listed as the most reliable seeing as it has only been available for under a year in n.america, are they using european numbers to reach this conclusion?

the fit, yaris, versa are unproven as far as reliability is concerned.

i still can't get used to the fit's styling, i can't wait to see what honda cooks up with the new one in a couple of years.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #29
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22
But fit, that shouldnt be classified as a car. Who names a car FIT.... ugly little shit
The Fit's called the Jazz here, for some reason... Advertising campaign slogan being "Jazz up your life!"

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #30
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Jazz is a better name... and is an American term too. Wonder why they didn't use it for the US/Canadian version?

"Fit" doesn't fit.

(Maybe they want customers to walk in to dealers and say, "I'm having a fit"????)
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #31
corey415

Drives: 95 Integra
I believe Honda did not name the "Fit" as the "Jazz" because the name was already taken for a scooter than is sold in Canada.

http://www.honda.ca/MotorcycleEng/Cu...ter/CHF506.htm

I dont really think the name change is that big of a deal anyways; one can easily buy a Jazz emblem if they desire.
corey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #32
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Its called Jazz is Australia

still a poop name......

I hate the simple names like Jazz, Falcon, Fit, TT but love the Unique names for cars like Tiida, Yaris, Vitz, Corolla, Camry, Lancer, Aurion, Auris, Commodore, Acura, Silvia, etc etc

yerrrr dude!

Last edited by hasher22; 11-22-2006 at 07:03 PM.
hasher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #33
Skarlet13

Drives: Civic or Yaris???
Can't say I'm too crazy about the FIT. I'm debating b/w a CIvic and a Yaris. What is making it difficult is the close price. I think Yaris may be slightly over-priced, but I think it's so cute.....makes it hard to decide. I believe Civic may be better value, but can't get over how cute Yaris is.
Skarlet13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:26 AM   #34
swng

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
Now the same "old" faces appear for the 2007 AJAC selection:
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/gui...mentid=1201725
And the result is:

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/gui...mentid=1313817
Old 11-23-2006, 04:35 AM   #35
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarlet13
Can't say I'm too crazy about the FIT. I'm debating b/w a CIvic and a Yaris. What is making it difficult is the close price. I think Yaris may be slightly over-priced, but I think it's so cute.....makes it hard to decide. I believe Civic may be better value, but can't get over how cute Yaris is.
The civic is just boring... way too many around. The yaris on the other ahnd
Old 11-23-2006, 04:37 AM   #36
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman
The civic is just boring... way too many around. The yaris on the other ahnd
wait one year, you'll be seeing 06+ models everywhere