Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
Yaryaryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB 5-spd
Jon, thank you for the info both here and PM's.

Question: Is the stock Echo intake the same as the Yaris? I'm sure I can find a wrecked Echo easier than a Yaris (Cheaper too)

I'm in the market for a stock intake anyone.

Thanks everyone else as well.

Brenton
Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
can't say with certainty, but im pretty confident they'll be different. different throttle bodies, different engine bays, ect ect.
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #21
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

They're different, and located differently in the engine compartment.

Something you seriously should check is the wheel alignment. If the wheels are out of line, the tires are constantly scrubbing.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 AM   #22
Yaryaryaris

I recieved this reply for my WTB Air intake:

What type of Yaris do you have .[/QUOTE]

Response:

Hi, Great! 2007 HB 5-spd.

How much and when can you ship it?

Brenton

But an error pops up "LA Yaris won't allow PM's"

Can anyone contact him/her and say I'll take it?

Thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #23
chew246214

Drives: 2009 yaris sedan base
Larger then stock tires will effect your MPG not questions, Also I have noticed I have put on Michelin X ice snow tires and filled up the tank at the same time... Before with the crappy stock goodyears (BTW are scary in the snow) was an average of 44.9 MPG... Now instantly with the snows down to 38.2 MPG...on the same daily roads. They stick a lot more to the road, Have a lot more surface area (siping) and weigh more, oh I also forgot to mention the wonderful hum that goes along with them as the road surfaces change. I am not concerned with the mile decrease for the few months a year I will be riding on them.. My concern was sliding off the road at 2 miles per hour while trying to turn..... Tires can make all the difference in the world..... Forgot to mention some areas of the country also use different gas mixtures for different times of the year that also makes a difference... Just my experience
chew246214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #24
Yaryaryaris

Okay, so far no luck finding a stock air box (here or elsewhere) a few on car-part.com, but wanting $350 bucks (I was afraid of that) I bought my Yaris HB off eBay, flew to Utah to fetch it, show up, walk around (looks great) pop the hood "what's that?" oh, after market air filter, wife through away the stock one"--not good.

I'm convinced it's "working against me" (as Jon put it) in the MPG's department. The MAS doesn't even rest snug on it's port (was being held on by one screw!) I'm monkeying with that, but much prefer a stock air box (not a modder)

Question: Can someone point me in the direction of where all the hoses attach onto an after-market intake? I'm also guessing mine is hooked up wrong.

Still teased out 41 MPG's yesterday on a 500 mile trip.

Thanks,
Brenton
Old 12-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #25
41magmag41

Drives: Loaded 2007 mica silver sedan
A couple of things on this issue of winter driving. You will take a 5 or so mpg drop during the winter. ( I live in New Hampshire) The first item is it takes the car longer to warm up and to be able to shift into overdrive, 4th. If you are running snow tires this will also drop the mpg. And finally running the defroster will cycle the compressor on the ac unit thus causing more load on the engine. I average about 39 to 41 during the summer and when the temp drops I drop to 35 to 37. I use the ac in the summer and drive rather aggressively. I've had my girl 3 plus years with 70K on her and this mpg drop in the winter is a fact of life if you live in a cold climate.
41magmag41 is offline   Reply With Quote