Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Yeah -- it didn't. However, I did get the finalized drawings, so it's off to a new fabricator.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #20
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ why did you design a front mount turbo for your car?
1 Cost

2 I have not been able to find the oil pump system that STS uses

3 I live in Miami, when it rains is floods here
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #21
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
you just tap into the main feed line, or into the side of the block where the test spot is. the pressure will be enough to send it to turbo and back to sump/pan.

cost i can see, and i can't...a custom manifold could cost upwards of 1500 bux. the whole turbo setup for rear mount could cost 1500 bux. but, mounting, welding, rigging and setting up could be a pain if you dont know what you're doing. plus there's much more room in the exhaust/rear section of the car over the engine bay.

and i can completely understand the water...i live in SETX...when it rains it floods...and it rains often. i actually had to shield the top side of my intake where the hood stops and the bumper starts....water was poring in there.

any way, when i start getting funds together and whenever a program setup becomes available...i may end up with a rear mount setup. seems to work good on v8 cars, sold on me.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #22
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Sorry but the pressure is not enough to send the oil back. That is why STS has an electric oil pump. Oil is high pressure in and gravity fed out. Go ahead and get the STS kit for your car. They sell a universal kit that should work.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:47 AM   #23
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
my buddy from turbowerx makes a great electronic oil pump that would work great for a rear mount turbo, I can see the use for a rear mount turbo in a car that doesn't have turbo kits readily available or in an accesible location, but not really the yaris. But props to you if anyone tries it.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #24
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
I'd buy one right now if I knew how to install it :P
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:15 AM   #25
zbouncer

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5MT
Yes it will require a electric oil pump/sending unit and it also has a low pressure alarm to let you know before you kill the bearing on your turbo. Cost is an issue, not really the money just the fact that it would cost me about half of what the car cost to do the mod and not really wanting to do that on my DD. Just thought it would be a cool topic since nobody has brought it up on here before. Another advantage would be weight distribution to the back as apposed to the front and might even be lighter than stock muffler?
Anyways it sure would be sweet to see someone put this on their Y
zbouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #26
zachryboles
Chunk love Yarii

Drives: 2008 Silver 3DR Yaris Liftback
if i get this new position at work im considering piloting the first rear turbo yaris......... lolz for pay bumps
06 Vette, 08 Cobalt SS, ?? Civic Del Sol, 10 Audi TT
zachryboles is offline   Reply With Quote