Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #19
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Just to clear up something, we brought the car in Thursday night and originally was told it would be done either Friday late in the day or Saturday. Now it will be done hopefully late tuesday because they are open until 8 pm Mon thru Sat. The yaris has 23750 miles on it. I spoke with the service manager yesterday and he said they will be sending the head gasket to Toyota for inspection. Since some of you have crappy attitudes wlithout knowing all of the details, we will no longer do anymore updates. We were only trying to help those who may have the same problem. So if anyone else has this problem they will not know what to expect. It's stressful enough without being ridiculed by some of you here. Don't forget we have a 2010 3-door (< 11000 mis ) with the same problem. This is about $28000 between the two cars, which for us doesn't grow on trees. I'm quite sure if it was your two yaris, you would feel the same. So don't judge us unless you are in our shoes.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #20
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Just to clear up something, we brought the car in Thursday night and originally was told it would be done either Friday late in the day or Saturday. Now it will be done hopefully late tuesday because they are open until 8 pm Mon thru Sat. The yaris has 23750 miles on it. I spoke with the service manager yesterday and he said they will be sending the head gasket to Toyota for inspection. Since some of you have crappy attitudes without knowing all of the details, we will no longer do anymore updates. We were only trying to help those who may have the same problem. So if anyone else has this problem they will not know what to expect. It's stressful enough without being ridiculed by some of you here. Don't forget we have a 2010 3-door (< 11000 mis ) with the same problem. This is about $28000 between the two cars, which for us doesn't grow on trees. I'm quite sure if it was your two yaris, you would feel the same. So don't judge us unless you are in our shoes.

I don't think anyone was criticizing you. Some of us were just noting to not necessarily expect the fastest service for a big job on a holiday weekend. If you were promised Saturday, then clearly they miscalculated and should make it up to you. Sorry if it came off rude.

It does suck that this has somehow happened to both of your Yaris's. We're kind of baffled because I and others have never seen the Yaris blow the head gasket even on the highest mileage ones. Even the member here with about 420,000 miles on his has had no repairs done on his car. And he has stressed the engine with redlining and top speed runs at this high mileage. I have 91,000 miles on mine and not a single repair. This is the most well built car in history.

We still would like to hear what Toyota has to say about this.

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #21
Hershey

it is not a blown head gasket. It leaks oil externally from the #1 cylinder. May have an internal coolant leak into cylinder 1. Haven't found that out from the service manager yet. He hasn't been very informative. So your guess is as good as mine. I don't have a problem with them taking their time but I wish they would inform us on how far along they are and what they have discovered. It' s like pulling teeth from a great white shark
Old 09-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #22
Hershey

We did go there earlier while they are closed and found the car parked outdoors within the fenced in lot ( No Trespassing ) . Got a picture of it from the back . Couldn't get 1 of the front . But you can tell the hood is closed . Spoke to service manager at about 7 P.M. SATURDAY and said they needed more time until late TUESDAY evening ( close at 8 P.M. ) to get it completed . We find it a bit odd . Hopefully they haven't put the car out with the head removed . Maybe never actually started the job , after saying they did sometime during FRIDAY . Maybe they did some damage to the front end that can't be seen and need to bring it into the body shop or ordered parts for replacement that may have been damaged . Thus need more time to repair their error(s) before we pick it up . There are many scenarios to be thought of . Wonder how we could catch them in a lie of the car being in the shop the whole weekend ? Call us paranoid or worse , but something is amiss .
Don't forget the service manager said they were sending the head gasket to Toyota for inspection, so that tells us that it has been removed already.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #23
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
You're likely to blow a head gasket yourself if you don't stop worring so much.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #24
Hershey

too late for that .
Old 09-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #25
Hershey

Here's the head gasket fix , http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairm...Mechanical.pdf . Starts at page 60 (EM-57) . Plenty to be concerned about .

Last edited by Hershey; 09-06-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
You're likely to blow a head gasket yourself if you don't stop worrying so much.
I think the chick in your sig just blew a head gasket.

Dude, I can look at that looping image all day long.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #27
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
I think the chick in your sig just blew a head gasket.

Dude, I can look at that looping image all day long.

Yeah, that's a lot of woman.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #28
Kal-El

VW loyalty is hard to understand because they are among the most troublesome cars available. Certainly keeps VW techs busy. Hershey, just imagine if you had to deal with a VW where you'd be in the shop with an annoying problem every other week.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #29
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
+1

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #30
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
We did go there earlier while they are closed and found the car parked outdoors within the fenced in lot ( No Trespassing ) . Got a picture of it from the back . Couldn't get 1 of the front . But you can tell the hood is closed . Spoke to service manager at about 7 P.M. SATURDAY and said they needed more time until late TUESDAY evening ( close at 8 P.M. ) to get it completed . We find it a bit odd . Hopefully they haven't put the car out with the head removed . Maybe never actually started the job , after saying they did sometime during FRIDAY . Maybe they did some damage to the front end that can't be seen and need to bring it into the body shop or ordered parts for replacement that may have been damaged . Thus need more time to repair their error(s) before we pick it up . There are many scenarios to be thought of . Wonder how we could catch them in a lie of the car being in the shop the whole weekend ? Call us paranoid or worse , but something is amiss .
Don't forget the service manager said they were sending the head gasket to Toyota for inspection, so that tells us that it has been removed already.

I left yaris forums a short while ago, but only came back to say this to you:

How did the 'I am gonna fix the leak by changing my oil' go ?

not so well, did it ?

Now, the dealership it screwing with you ? LOLZ

Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 09-07-2010 at 12:42 PM.
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #31
mc1200s

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5-Door Liftback MM
Hershey,

You sound like a patsy. Calm down and grow some balls. I hope you car is repaired correctly and that you don't lose any friends or piss off your family with tantrums during this conundrum .
mc1200s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #32
mc1200s

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5-Door Liftback MM
Sorry about being harsh with my first post, but I frequent these boards often, just never sign in and this thread was to good to pass up. I apologize, but I had to.
mc1200s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #33
Hershey

Got the car back , but we'll have to pass on the outcome . Would only get ridiculed more . Someone always has to screw it up for others .

Last edited by Hershey; 09-08-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:02 AM   #34
Hershey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
I left yaris forums a short while ago, but only came back to say this to you:

How did the 'I am gonna fix the leak by changing my oil' go ?

not so well, did it ?

Now, the dealership it screwing with you ? LOLZ
I fart in your direction .

Last edited by Hershey; 09-08-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #35
Hershey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1200s View Post
Sorry about being harsh with my first post, but I frequent these boards often, just never sign in and this thread was to good to pass up. I apologize, but I had to.
Whatever floats your boat .
Old 09-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #36
Hershey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwtech View Post
I'm glad you dont have a volkswagon either can't stand cry babies. Volkswagon customers are some of the nicest/loyal customers around.
VOLKSWAGONS sucks schnitzel . We'd still take a oil leaking YARIS over a VOLKSWAGON .

Last edited by Hershey; 09-08-2010 at 12:51 PM.