Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #19
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenRD View Post
I paid like $700 below MSRP (after that rebate).

heheh, yeah they're pissed bc it came right off of their margins. with the college graduate discount they want u to use toyota's financing so they can absorb the cost a bit w/ the interest rate. offhand i know the base automatic sedan has about a $760 markup from invoice to MSRP, which only grows when adding accessories and features. unless u got a base model LB, u more than likely fell within a doable selling price but they just weren't prepared to sell at or around invoice. their bad. ;) :D

btw, what was your interest rate?
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #20
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
Thanks all. I called toyota and opened a case against this dealership. The dealer ate the cost so I pay nothing. He apologised too. Good thing they did this. My best friend works for toyota so he can complain to much higher parts of the toyota headquarters!
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 PM   #21
the.shau

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB auto
Send a message via Yahoo to the.shau
Glad to hear the good news.

Happy graduation by the way...
the.shau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:05 AM   #22
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenRD View Post
Thanks all. I called toyota and opened a case against this dealership. The dealer ate the cost so I pay nothing. He apologised too. Good thing they did this. My best friend works for toyota so he can complain to much higher parts of the toyota headquarters!

Good to hear! Funny, "ate the cost"... After looking at your configuration in your other thread I tallied up the difference between invoice and MSRP. It was over $1,000. With their holdback it was over $1200. So basically, they were pissed that they didn't make as much money off of you as they could have. Jerks.

In any case, enjoy your Yaris! I'll be joining the fun in less than 2 weeks!
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:43 AM   #23
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
GA paper work

Glad it all worked out for you kitten.

Actually by GA law if they make a mistake you are obligated to re-sign the paper work. Also it opens the car back up to re-negotiation and if you dont want to pay that 400 then they will have to just re-write it and sell it for what you were 1st told or you dont have to buy the car. Usually they (the dealer) made the mistake and they fix the error (their $ numbers) so it will go through their underwriting as an approved sell. They will not sell you a car because of a 400 dollar error. They dont want that car and i would bet if you said fine take it they would give you an even better deal for them to keep the sale.
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #24
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
do a bad survey on them about how they're trying to get a extra 400 after the deal. Toyota take your happiness very seriously so givem hell.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote