Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
AntrimMan

Drives: 3G3DMT
...why do you need it?
the darkness can be quite unhelpful when searching for the tire changing tools on a wet windy cold dark unlit road after swerving to a halt on a tire pierced by deer antlers while the missus mutters "we're all going to die out here in this wilderness."
Opening the hatch floor cover effectively blocks any light from the front courtesy light.
The hatch also controls this courtesy light located above and between the front seats. That bugger at least has a switch. The light located within the hatch compartment is solely controlled by the position of the hatch door and the connection to a power source. No switch, should be one. An oversight IMO.
I had a Pathfinder prior to the Yaris. The hatch glass could be left open on the warm days to help cool the interior, a feature enjoyed immensely and often. And the interior lights could all be switched off individually when the hatch was open. With the Yaris L it's all or nothing, the rear glass is all fixed. Still, I must admit the Pathy achieved 17MPG on the best of days so I can live the Yaris hatch light issue.

7) a more voluminous airflow from the heater to the floor around the drivers feet would also be appreciated. It seems weak as it is.
AntrimMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #20
HB-LOK

Drives: 2013 se 5 spd
I got the 2013 sport edition 5 spd and its pretty damn legit compared to my old 1st gen yaris se 5 spd
HB-LOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #21
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntrimMan View Post
...why do you need it?
the darkness can be quite unhelpful when searching for the tire changing tools on a wet windy cold dark unlit road after swerving to a halt on a tire pierced by deer antlers while the missus mutters "we're all going to die out here in this wilderness."
Opening the hatch floor cover effectively blocks any light from the front courtesy light.
The hatch also controls this courtesy light located above and between the front seats. That bugger at least has a switch. The light located within the hatch compartment is solely controlled by the position of the hatch door and the connection to a power source. No switch, should be one. An oversight IMO.
I had a Pathfinder prior to the Yaris. The hatch glass could be left open on the warm days to help cool the interior, a feature enjoyed immensely and often. And the interior lights could all be switched off individually when the hatch was open. With the Yaris L it's all or nothing, the rear glass is all fixed. Still, I must admit the Pathy achieved 17MPG on the best of days so I can live the Yaris hatch light issue.

7) a more voluminous airflow from the heater to the floor around the drivers feet would also be appreciated. It seems weak as it is.
Aren't the tire changing tools mostly still under the drivers seat? And that also sounds like the definition of the use of a flashlight. You can get those led ones for a few dollars anywhere.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #22
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB-LOK View Post
my old 1st gen yaris se 5 spd
????? Are you talking about a Vitz that you had outside the U.S.? The Yaris SE wasn't available for the USDM until the XP130 (3rd generation) -- introduced in Japan near the end of 2010, but not available in the U.S. until the 2012 Model Year (and 2013 as well).
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #23
joshthorsc

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5spd
Yes, a 6spd would be nice.
joshthorsc is offline   Reply With Quote