Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-16-2016, 12:54 PM   #19
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias06 View Post
The most air that you can suck into the engine N/A is just what the engine is willing to take in the amount of time it can when the valves are open. Mathematically the theoretical amount of efficiency you can get is 100% which could theoretically be obtained by a stroker kit and free flowing intake/exhaust tuned to a desired RPM.

Realistically without F/I you will never break the 100% volumetric efficiency or even come close.
I respectfully disagree on that.

You are correct in saying that the theoretical amount of air that can be drawn in the engine is 100%. But, that's only THEORETICAL! In reality it's probably more along the lines of 80%-85%, but that's besides the point.

On a naturally aspirated engine, with a well designed induction system, you can definitly break that 100% mark without forced induction, using a process called pressure wave tuning. Definitly look it up if you don't believe me. I'm not making this up.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:59 PM   #20
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Given that one of the first things people do to improve performance on just about any car is intake/exhaust system to let the car "breathe", gaining power from it makes sense to me.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:47 PM   #21
alias06

Drives: 2008 Red Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Given that one of the first things people do to improve performance on just about any car is intake/exhaust system to let the car "breathe", gaining power from it makes sense to me.
A lot of people have seen the F&F movie series and believe everything that see, stickers don't add HP

Don't get me wrong, a well designed intake/exhaust setup will increase power. But blindly adding parts because everyone else does is stupid.
alias06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #22
alias06

Drives: 2008 Red Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader166 View Post
I respectfully disagree on that.

You are correct in saying that the theoretical amount of air that can be drawn in the engine is 100%. But, that's only THEORETICAL! In reality it's probably more along the lines of 80%-85%, but that's besides the point.

On a naturally aspirated engine, with a well designed induction system, you can definitly break that 100% mark without forced induction, using a process called pressure wave tuning. Definitly look it up if you don't believe me. I'm not making this up.
I am not sure what you are trying to disagree with here. I said theoretical, not practical. Yes in reality your engine is only 80-85% as effective sucking in air without any other factors.

You must also skipped over the part where I said "tuning for a certain RPM" even with pressure wave tuning it is only tuned for a specific RPM that is why there are different length headers which move the powerband up or down depending on the design. The engine itself can't achieve 100% VE at all RPMs, it can be considered a narrow powerband when compared to a FI engine where a compressor is used to force air in and increase VE of the cylinders.
alias06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
Seroth

Drives: Yaris '07
How's the power gain vs gas efficiency ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Seroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #24
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by alias06 View Post
Don't get me wrong, a well designed intake/exhaust setup will increase power.
Enough said.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #25
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seroth View Post
How's the power gain vs gas efficiency ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
you will gain some hp and some sucking sound...i already put it on sale for $60..+$20 shipping..lol 😅😅😅
if you live in a hot ass country like me(40c with 100% humidity)..sri or cai will be same as drop in with slight gain...i really recommand sri or cai in cool country...

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:55 PM   #26
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
here you go lol. tune your car to have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ul0Iyd6XYw
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #27
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
here you go lol. tune your car to have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ul0Iyd6XYw
i saw this already lol...he also have high lift cam with fully tuned ecu..😎😎😎

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote