Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #361
Bravejus

Drives: 08 Yaris 3 door 5MT
Thanks CTScott that helps. So essentially I am running a wire from # 40 on ecm to the Positive on the switch setup. then ground out the switches.

There was a way to jump the clutch switch to see if the cruise works though correct? Also on the topic of clutch switch, I have to run wires from the switch to the pictured panel connector? Do I need as large of a wire with a fuse or would a regular wire work?
Bravejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #362
Bravejus

Nevermind about the clutch switch figured it out, for the jumper.

But for running the wires for the stock switch you would connect to the blue wire for the positive then just run a ground correct?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #363
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravejus View Post
Nevermind about the clutch switch figured it out, for the jumper.

But for running the wires for the stock switch you would connect to the blue wire for the positive then just run a ground correct?
Correct.

If you do the clutch switch bypass for testing, just make absolutely sure you don't press the clutch pedal while in cruise mode.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #364
Bravejus

And I have cruise. Took me about three hours to do. But this was my first wiring/soldering experience. However my father has done a lot of it so he showed me how to solder. The hardest part was running the wires through the firewall.

Now just waiting on the clutch switch so it will be safer.

Thanks so much CTScott, nickhjort, and PK198105 for figuring all this out for us Yaris owners.

I was literally thinking of trading mine in for a newer more loaded one because i had no cruise. But now i don't need to.

Now I need to figure out if I can make a remote hatch release cause that is annoying.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:22 AM   #365
luigi

Drives: '07 Sedan
Before I buy a stalk from a stranger on eBay, I thought I'd try to buy from a stranger on YW. Is anyone still trying to get rid of their cruise stalk?
luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #366
ecnal

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan AT
So, I've poured through 80% of these pages. I have an 09 Sedan, automatic, base model. No power windows or locks. No cruise either.

I would be looking to add a stalk for the cruise, from what I've gathered all I should have to do is get the stalk and hook it up? Does anyone have pictures of adding a stalk to an 09 automatic?
ecnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #367
PatrickJohnson

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnal View Post
So, I've poured through 80% of these pages. I have an 09 Sedan, automatic, base model. No power windows or locks. No cruise either.

I would be looking to add a stalk for the cruise, from what I've gathered all I should have to do is get the stalk and hook it up? Does anyone have pictures of adding a stalk to an 09 automatic?
All you have to do on the '09 is add the stalk as the ECU is already wired for cruise. All that is required for the oem cruise is to buy the trim piece for your steering column that has the stalk hole and buy the stalk. then remove the steering column cover, plug in the stalk, and put the new cover on. If you don't want to foot the bill for new pieces, you can remove the cover and splice in switches to the factory wires as shown earlier in the this thread and in the diy.
PatrickJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #368
ecnal

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan AT
Well, I'm guessing that a column cover wouldn't run all that much. Plus about 30 total for a stalk assuming you buy one on ebay and not find one at a yard somewhere. Outweighs the cost of having it installed at the dealer! Plus it probably adds a little bit of resale value to it.
ecnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #369
FunkyCole

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris
Did this work for any of you?
FunkyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #370
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyCole View Post
Did this work for any of you?
Yes. I installed it using my $10 switch method on my 09. Quite a few have now done it on 07's through 09's.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ght=DIY+cruise
Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #371
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickJohnson View Post
All that is required for the oem cruise is to buy the trim piece for your steering column that has the stalk hole

I dont know about the 08's or 09's, but on my 07 the steering column cover already had a notched spot so you could easily cut out the hole for the stalk.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #372
Brentorius

Drives: 07 Mazda MX5 Copper Red
Smile

Good read!

Any updates on an 09 yaris MT? Any confirmations regarding the connector for the clutch switch?

Parts needed:

Clutch Switch: 88280-14030
Steering Cover: 4518452130b0
Stalk: 84632-34011

I already ordered the stalk on ebay for $29.99 shipped.

-Brent

Last edited by Brentorius; 07-27-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Corrected part # Steering cover
Brentorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #373
FunkyCole

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris
Did any of you guys find out if this works?
FunkyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #374
manta
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2009 5LB
I've seen here a question about the European Multimode (robotic transmission),
This guy had a 2007 model; I own the new 2009 face lifted (+new engine, new transmission) 2009 model NSP90L – CHLGKW, does anyone knows if its ECM supports Cruise Control?
10x
manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #375
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I've seen here a question about the European Multimode (robotic transmission),
This guy had a 2007 model; I own the new 2009 face lifted (+new engine, new transmission) 2009 model NSP90L – CHLGKW, does anyone knows if its ECM supports Cruise Control?
10x
I believe that none of the European Yaris support it. I have the European EWD's, and cruise is not documented. From what I've seen browsing the European Toyota sites, it doesn't look like cruise is a factory option, just an expensive aftermarket option.

Out of curiosity, have you checked to see if your Yaris has the the cruise indicators somewhere near the speedometer (you can shine a bright flashlight to make it visible)?
Old 07-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #376
Raist17

Drives: '07 Red Yaris hatchback
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who's been putting so much work into this, A+ job guys!

I'm looking to do this on my '07 AT hatchback, can't find a stalk on ebay so if anyone has one laying around PM me and I'll buy it off ya

after I get that accomplished I may hit you up CTScott about one of those LED array thingys... then I can prolly throw together a DIY for the 07-08 AT crowd once I get the parts :D
Old 07-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #377
Vince87

Drives: 2007 2DR Yaris
Hi guys ! first of all I want a thanks everyone who contributed in making this amazing mod available for everyone, especially CTScott and . I found this community while I was looking for a DIY CC installation for my Yaris, and I never thought I would be able to make it for less than 10$, thats just the coolest mod ever ! I followed very carefully your instruction and still can't make it work... Here's a few pics of my installation :

The switches

Connector D3 without CC wires

Red wire from switch to pin 40 of connector A21

Gray ground wire in the back grounded in the door sill

Jumper from clutch switch cable to ground

At first I thought that my ground was bad so I changed from a bolt behind the passenger glove box to that one with no success... I also changed the jumper wire to a bigger one. I still believe that the problem is the ground, I have a multimeter and knows how to check if a ground is really a ground but not if it is a good one. If any of you can explain it to me it would be very appreciated ! Thanks
Vince87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:28 PM   #378
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince87 View Post
Hi guys ! first of all I want a thanks everyone who contributed in making this amazing mod available for everyone, especially CTScott and . I found this community while I was looking for a DIY CC installation for my Yaris, and I never thought I would be able to make it for less than 10$, thats just the coolest mod ever ! I followed very carefully your instruction and still can't make it work... Here's a few pics of my installation :

The switches

Connector D3 without CC wires

Red wire from switch to pin 40 of connector A21

Gray ground wire in the back grounded in the door sill

Jumper from clutch switch cable to ground

At first I thought that my ground was bad so I changed from a bolt behind the passenger glove box to that one with no success... I also changed the jumper wire to a bigger one. I still believe that the problem is the ground, I have a multimeter and knows how to check if a ground is really a ground but not if it is a good one. If any of you can explain it to me it would be very appreciated ! Thanks

Try soldering the wires to the switches. If you just have them twisted, they may not be making a reliable connection.