Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #451
nicodu78

Drives: Yaris 1 TS Ph2-Yaris 2 TS Ph1
A picture of mine :

nicodu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #452
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
Alright guys, time for a final review of this unit. Short, simple, and done by me.

Its a wonderful unit for the price. You won't find better for the price. Everything works very very well save for just a few small inconveniences.

I can get over the volume of the bluetooth not being tied to the volume of the radio. In fact I've been able to tone it down so at least the radio isn't ear splitting when you hang up the phone on a bluetooth call. The sound quality of the voice calls on both ends could certainly use improvement as well. On both ends it sounds like you're on speakerphone, cause basically you are. But, there are some units out there that work to cancel this effect and clean up the sound quality when using bluetooth. This unit isn't one of them.

The sun is also a big problem for this unit. Yeah that's right, the sun. When you are driving around in daylight and the sun is on the screen, you may as well not have this unit. Hope you like whatever the unit is currently doing at that time lol. Cause you're not going to be able to see what's on the screen due to the horrendous glare.

There is a word for this in the screen world, I forget what it was exactly. But MOST companies in the automotive screen industry work to eliminate this effect. These people just completely forgot it existed. So to wrap things up:

Pros:

1. Excellent unit for the price. Does everything you'd want even a drastically more expensive unit to do.

2 . Can switch out various GPS programs until you find one that you like.

Cons.

1. Bluetooth sound quality. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. Maybe a 5 at best.

2. Screen becomes unusable in direct sunlight. A huge con for any screen of any type in any automobile.

Agree on all of the above..

Mine unit is going to be exactly 2yrs. in July, still going strong without any issues and still pretty happy for what you get for the price.

Really enjoy the DVD/Divx for movies while I wait around for people or during trips where passengers love it. GPS for those adhoc trips or hard to find places, sometimes I even just leave the map running to see every shortcuts available to me when main roads are congested and still have the radio/mp3 running in the PIP window, etc.

It’s not perfect but it does everything I need it to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
Cheapest I found is $332.
http://www.autodvdgps.com/car-dvd-gp...ies-p-565.html

Is the same one right?
Yes it is.

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #453
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
I am seeing many people mounting the GPS antenna where it can be seen, where else can we mount it so it is not so obvious? Can it be mounted under the roof headliner?
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #454
caineroad

So i bought the HU, it looks awesome, everything works no complaints.

It does take some time to get used to the interface, it is not the most userfriendly but is fine. It charges my iphone and play music via the ipod cable. I mounted the GPS atenna inside the driver side pillar, no problems picking up signal.

Mmusic are good(better than stock), video are good, bluetooth is fine, it wont pull up phonebook from iphone. it supports USB so i can put songs and videos in it.

my backlight is green red orange

great product. Worth the money IMO.

Last edited by caineroad; 07-03-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #455
caineroad

Just found out when I play movies via USB, often the videos (720p) lags and causes the video to freeze i had to unplug the usb to reset the system, not sure if it is USB related or hardware issues. Sometimes when I fast forward regular movies, after i click play they will freeze on me too. i'll try to buy a faster USB see if that helps

Last edited by caineroad; 07-05-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #456
PatrickJohnson

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Has anyone else tried the one-piece ones yet? They have it in black now. I know there were prior issues with fitment, but it's been a long time since someone posted about them. Thinking of taking the plunge:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-HD-DIGITAL...ht_4822wt_1187
PatrickJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #457
andrey8

Drives: yaris
http://www.autoadas.com/toyota-yaris...pod-p-374.html

this one black,299$.
andrey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #458
caineroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
Just found out when I play movies via USB, often the videos (720p) lags and causes the video to freeze i had to unplug the usb to reset the system, not sure if it is USB related or hardware issues. Sometimes when I fast forward regular movies, after i click play they will freeze on me too. i'll try to buy a faster USB see if that helps
i bought a class 10 microsd 8GB for video streaming, no problems at all!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #459
Jholi

Drives: Yaris SE 07
I NEED SOME HELP!!!.... I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS http://www.ebay.com/itm/EP-7-Car-DVD..._Video&vxp=mtr

DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL WORK OR FIT PERFECT IN MY CAR??
I HAVE YARIS SE 07

PLEASE HELP MEEE
Jholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #460
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholi View Post
I NEED SOME HELP!!!.... I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS http://www.ebay.com/itm/EP-7-Car-DVD..._Video&vxp=mtr

DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL WORK OR FIT PERFECT IN MY CAR??
I HAVE YARIS SE 07

PLEASE HELP MEEE
Perfect fit, no.

You will need a Metra or Scoche trim kit to eliminate side gaps. Also, the tilt-out feature of the face may be impeded by the 'bump' we have on the bottom of the HU facia.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #461
caineroad

damn i love this HU, i use the GPS every day!! cant believe i actually use it so much, and the DVD during traffic jams and waiting, perfect!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #462
darryl68
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 Yaris YRX
This Hu looks the goods all right. I've got an '06 Yaris YRX and looking for a HU right now. Someone tried to sell me an Axis DVD blah blah but I did some research and apart from the fact it's only single din there is issues with performance and reliability.
Has anyone fitted this one ? http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_6201.php

Cheers
Darryl.
darryl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #463
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ I don't know how that one would mount. There are no visible holes in the side of its chassis to receive bolts for our mounting brackets.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #464
not_sponsored

Drives: 08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyger View Post
Hi, there is no fan on the rear panel. It is only the opening (the hole) is present. I make a picture and post it here later.

How do those side bezels work? This looks nice, but my car does not have those holes on the side... is that a different version?

Mine looks more like this:

not_sponsored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #465
grelise

Drives: 07 YR Yaris 5dr Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_sponsored View Post
How do those side bezels work? This looks nice, but my car does not have those holes on the side... is that a different version?

Mine looks more like this:

Sedan and Hatch have different facias.
I believe they can be retrofitted into the hatches
grelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #466
Jholi

Drives: Yaris SE 07
Exclamation NEED HELP TO INSTALL THE REARVIEW CAMERA

I HAVE MY YARIS SE 07 I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL THE REARVIEW CAMERA I BOUGHT THIS DVD PLAYER,IPOD,ETC http://www.ebay.com/itm/EP-7-Car-DVD..._Video&vxp=mtr AND I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL THE REARVIEW CAMERA.. PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP
Jholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #467
rublo2010
I've made a post!

Drives: camry 98
Exclamation ow to get Access to the OS and how to INSTALL NEW Apps?

Ruben Mendez

I have an Double Din Touch Screen Radio. The seller (http://www.vvme.com/) told me that the Operating System is: Wince 776. When I asked how to Install New Applications such as "Graphic EQ" he told me that "The Operating System of this radio is philip NXP-TEF 6624." The Head Unit has no brand. The Specification are: 6.2" Car DVD Player Stereo Double 2 Din Radio IPOD RDS MP3/4 USB/SD Touch M02...The Model CAD/2DI/6.2IN/M02. How to get Access to the OS and how to INSTALL NEW Apps? Thank you
rublo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #468
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Ok, so I picked up one of the TomTom Eclipse units that were a factory option in Euro models, ordered the Metra kit to hid the gaps on the side, now I'm browsing through endless pages and pages of wiring harnesses. Rather than cutting off the plugs on the car side to splice wires to the head unit, I'd like to splice the wire the head unit and just plug it into the car. There's 18 cables coming from the head unit. Speakers, power, ground, permanent power, speed (suspecting this is only for increasing the volume for when the car gets loud at speed, probably not used for navigation/dead reckoning), head lights, dimmer, and sub (not needed at this point).

I'd like to wire the harness adapter to the head unit, and just plug it into the car. Which harness adapter do I pick?

(First time for me to install a complex unit like this into a car that's relatively new and nice looking, hence the stupid questions ;) )

PS: it's the Metra 70-1761 aka Scosche TA02B.

Yellow – 12V Constant
Red – 12V Accessory
Black - Ground
Blue - Power Antenna
Orange – Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination
Green – Left Rear Speaker (+)
Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)
White – Left Front Speaker (+)
White with Black Stripe – Left Front Speaker (-)
Purple – Right Rear Speaker (+)
Purple with Black Stripe – Right Rear Speaker (-)
Gray – Right Front Speaker (+)
Gray with Black Stripe – Right Front Speaker (-)

Last edited by Kar98; 01-18-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote