Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #37
YodaBird

Drives: Gray
Do you have a diagram of this location where it is entering on the car ? I can't physically see underneath the car, unless when the car is hosted up.

If I understand what you're saying, the squirrel is entering under the car, traveling though to the dashboard to nesting materials ?

A diagram or image would help alot, I won't be having the car hosted up anytime soon. If it's only one location as you say; and it can be blocked, where is this location, and you're sure there is no more locations, when a critter wants to keep warm or just be a bugger, they can be desperate and they will try, what they can to get in.
YodaBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #38
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaBird View Post
Do you have a diagram of this location where it is entering on the car ? I can't physically see underneath the car, unless when the car is hosted up.

If I understand what you're saying, the squirrel is entering under the car, traveling though to the dashboard to nesting materials ?

A diagram or image would help alot, I won't be having the car hosted up anytime soon. If it's only one location as you say; and it can be blocked, where is this location, and you're sure there is no more locations, when a critter wants to keep warm or just be a bugger, they can be desperate and they will try, what they can to get in.
Look at my link in post #22 above.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #39
YodaBird

That diagram is only for the air duct / cabin filter, not under the dash as you mentioned ? The squirrel can't be entering the dash via the air duct, look at the first page of this thread diagram, that is all closed off.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #40
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
That diagram is only for the air duct / cabin filter, not under the dash as you mentioned ? The squirrel can't be entering the dash via the air duct, look at the first page of this thread diagram, that is all closed off.
Wrong - That duct goes to the white piece that you see in my first picture on the first page, which allows direct entry into the cabin above the cabin air filter.

Again, I have stated all of this multiple times and am getting tired of repeating myself, so I am going silent on this thread...
Old 06-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #41
YodaBird

The two spouts, one on the left & right, or what look like spouts, you mean those, correct ?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:08 PM   #42
YodaBird

It seems to me you're saying, as it appears a little cryptic.

The critter enters underneath the car, tunnels though to those two spouts as shown on the first page of this thread as it's the only way he can go, then he's in the front dash of the car and there he rips the carpet installation ?

Is that what you're saying, or something else ?
Old 06-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #43
YodaBird

Does anyone have any pictures of below so I can get a understanding of what is described ?
Old 06-10-2015, 05:04 PM   #44
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Get on your back and stick your head under the car. If you spot any holes in the floor pan that you can stick your finger in then you are missing plugs. They are easy to spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2015, 05:12 PM   #45
YodaBird

Yaris is low, I can't see that far underneath. What missing plugs are you referring too ?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #46
WeeYari

Skeleton of Front Dash Pictures ?

I know how low the Yaris is. I took this photo with the car on the ground so it is possible for you to see what I am talking about.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52903

These are about 6" in from the rocker panels, both on driver and passenger sides. You can see a small hole where there should have been a plug. To the right of it you will see a larger plug in place. There are also two large rubber plugs in the bottom of the spare tire well that you may want to check on. I think there are also some plugs under the rear passenger seats as well.

Last edited by WeeYari; 06-10-2015 at 09:05 PM.
WeeYari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #47
YodaBird

You mean to right of the small hole in the image ?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:24 PM   #48
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #49
WeeYari

Quote:
You mean to right of the small hole in the image ?

Sorry, yes to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #50
YodaBird

There are no caps missing, there is a path to which he is getting in the car. In-fact is is urinating within the dashboard.

Does anyone have any pictures of strictly the front dash removed ?
Old 06-19-2015, 01:11 PM   #51
YodaBird

There are members on this forum that can tear apart a Yaris, but can't show a skeleton or a semi-skeleton of the dashboard any areas that lead to the under carriage of the car, in which a critter, rodent, or in this case a squirrel can enter ?

That is what is happening, and I can't proceed with the methods I've been doing when winter arrives, if I can find the entry point, I can, hopefully close it up, until I get more info and where,how the heck am I suppose to know, I'm shooting blanks ?
Old 06-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #52
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
There are members on this forum that can tear apart a Yaris, but can't show a skeleton or a semi-skeleton of the dashboard any areas that lead to the under carriage of the car, in which a critter, rodent, or in this case a squirrel can enter ?

That is what is happening, and I can't proceed with the methods I've been doing when winter arrives, if I can find the entry point, I can, hopefully close it up, until I get more info and where,how the heck am I suppose to know, I'm shooting blanks ?
Are you 100% the point of entry is in the firewall? There are large vents in the rear corner of body, and a number of rubber plugs in the floor.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #53
YodaBird

Firewall ?
If the squirrel is not entering from below the car, then there is only one other area, around the wipers which enters into the dashboard. The smell of urine is always in the dashboard, that, I'm almost certain.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #54
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Firewall ?
If the squirrel is not entering from below the car, then there is only one other area, around the wipers which enters into the dashboard. The smell of urine is always in the dashboard, that, I'm almost certain.
Firewall is the metal panel that separates you from the engine compartment.

The mouse may live in the dash, but it could enter anywhere. The wipers do not enter the dashboard. They are in a tray at the base of the windshield, and do not penetrate the firewall. There is an air vent in that tray that feeds the HVAC system.

There are two very large vents behind the rear bumper. There are four large plastic plugs (two per side) in the floor in the area of your feet on the drivers and passengers side. There is a massive wire harness that passes into the cabin by the brake booster. There are dozens of rubber plugs in the floor large enough for a mouse.

No one is going to be able to show you a pic of where your mouse is coming in, because it could be a lot of places, sounds like its time for you to get your hands dirty.