Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #37
Lizardboy
Mmmmm, twisties!

Drives: 07 Red Yaris S & 95 Miata
Name:  YarisSfront.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  YarisSrear.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  77.6 KB
Sweet! I thought I had read online that it came with ABS. The Saleskid told me otherwise but then again, he has only worked there for 3 weeks. LOL!
I'm loving this car! We took it up to Big Bear tonight and it handled like a champ in the twisties. No excessive body roll and pretty predictable. So far, it's exceeded all of my expectations. I do have to take it in though because the highbeams come on if you just barely press forward on the headlight stalk. I can't wait to lower it a bit and get that short throw shifter. One question for you guys. I got the cd player/radio with the big LCD display in the center of the dash. Is it supposed to be an in-dash changer? In the little pocket reference guide that came with the car has a diagram of it and it shows a disc up and down function. I can't find any way to put multiple discs in though.
Lizardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #38
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
No, it does not have a changer.. 1 disk at a time only.. I saw that too in the manual, I can only assume that it can control a Toyota remote trunk mounted changer maybe, something that isn't available yet for the Yaris, but I've seen it on other Toyotas.

Last edited by Tankota; 06-26-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:37 PM   #39
Lizardboy
Mmmmm, twisties!

Drives: 07 Red Yaris S & 95 Miata
Thanks, yeah it wasn't really clear in the manual. It's not a big deal since I didn't expect to get a changer. Heck! I didn't expect to get a fully loaded car! LOL!
Lizardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #40
fred812
Authorized User

Drives: 2007 5 spd Hatch White
I typed in 04401 , 27601 , 33011 I noticed many diff options on built your toyota seems maine doesnt have the power option button???

And I had a zip code that let me have a green color option for the latch back.
some had 5 colors others have 6 the gray appears in certian area's???
fred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #41
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred812
I typed in 04401 , 27601 , 33011 I noticed many diff options on built your toyota seems maine doesnt have the power option button???

And I had a zip code that let me have a green color option for the latch back.
some had 5 colors others have 6 the gray appears in certian area's???

Yeah, diffrent colors and options are available only in certain areas.. I saw a few that you can't even get the S-sedan. That's Toyota for you.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #42
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I went to the buytoyota site and they didn't even list the S in New England. I called 4 dealerships and they said that it would be a 4 to 6 month wait...JDM direct. I have mentioned it in other posts, but I opted to buy from 2k miles away and drove it home. I have the full power pack and love it. As for a disc changer to me that is a serious waste with compressed audio nowadays and sattelite radio. I love to Toyota, but for the most part the dealerships really blow for customer service. They want to get that easy sale and kick your tough one to the curb cause it doesn't drop flow in their pocket fast enough. As for the debate on manual or power....I like the power....I have manual in my 96 'cel and that is fine for me since that is my tuner.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #43
Snowflake

Drives: '06 Scion xA Indigo Ink Pearl
I can't get what I want???

I'm trying to order a Liftback with the power package, and alloy wheels though I'm not having any luck. Downeast Toyota (Brewer, ME) says the Lift only comes with the Convenience Package,All Weather Guard Package,Carpeted Floor Mats/Cargo Mat,Rear bumper protector and Rear spoiler. No Power package,Alloys,Keyless entry,fog lamps or side air bags. What gives? Where can I buy the car I want?? Any help appreciated.
Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #44
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
If you are within a reasonable distance to Philadelphia, you might try Ardmore Toyota. Their online inventory is showing 2 liftbacks with the power package: http://www.ardmoretoyota.com/new_inv...tyle=Hatchback

Based on the price, my guess is that they're just like mine with the power package (steel wheels), cold weather package, ABS, keyless entry, floor matts and armrest.

I traveled to Philly for mine because I couldn't get one like that in NJ.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #45
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixt
i live in 13078 zip code and my dealer is telling me i cannot get power windows/lock on a liftback auto... but the toyota build car website shows i can.. WTFFFF is my dealer lying?

Maybe. Also the dealers would want to get rid of all their basic models first. When I got mine they had 2 Yaris's on the main lot. Both had no options whatsoever. I wanted the power package so we walked across the street in the 110 heat, and boom, the truck was literally unloading new cars and there she was ready for me. Don't be afraid to make them work for it. In my case make them walk/sweat for it. They always have something in the back somewhere.

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #46
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
And 1 correction,

option packages do vary from region to region. I'm in California so I don't get the cold weather package.

Vice Versa.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:13 PM   #47
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Yeah, you can't get an S in my region for some reason, which is what I wanted. The dealer tried to order it for me anyway because sometimes they are able to squeeze things in but got the notice that he couldn't order it a week ago. The sucky part was the dealer never just told me I couldn't get the S in my area. Toyota.com and Edmunds never showed anything about not being able to get it so I didn't know. If he'd have just told me, I would have changed my order so I didn't waste 3 weeks being excited for a car I wasn't going to get. Oh well. Getting a sedan with the power package and all the options I wanted. Just not the S version or the color I really wanted.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #48
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
PA region gets the 'S' too. There was a black one at the dealership when I picked up my car.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 AM   #49
dbaxter
Evil Kitty

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback A4 AB/Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixt
i live in 13078 zip code and my dealer is telling me i cannot get power windows/lock on a liftback auto... but the toyota build car website shows i can.. WTFFFF is my dealer lying?
Actually I was told the same thing for 30188 north of Atlanta, GA. After calling several different dealers I finally had one tell me the inside scoop. They are just not motivated to do any kind of dealer trade for the Yariseseses. He stated the only get $400 bux profit and its not worth there time to do a dealer locate.

Unless its one of the ones Toyota was sending them, they are not doing anything to try and get one for you. I was pretty pissed after finding like 42 Auto/HB/with power option but they were all in Miami, FL and the dealer flat out told me, sorry be we are not going to even try to have that shipped or even driven up here for only $400 bux.

If TOYOTA by any remote chance reads this!!! YOUR DEALERS OR SCREWING YOU OVER. Toyota could sell out ( seriously ) of these little cars but the dealers have no motivation and are NOT HELPING.

They should do "checkup calls" to any dealer and ask for a Yaris, I bet anywhere they get the same BS.

</rant>

Sorry this was a real piss me off point when searching all over north and south GA to find my little car and I just lucked out and found one coming in exactly like I wanted before even the manager of the dealership knew it was coming. ( thanks to the internet and build a toyota ). I put bux down before it even got to the dealership since they are impossible here to find.

I have seen 1 other Yaris so far, but that was in Houston TX.
www.purplegto.com
01 Camaro SS Convertible SLP#1331
http://www.2001CamaroSS.com
dbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #50
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
Your dealer wants to sell his lot cars. I got power galore no problem find another dealer. It didn't have keyless they installed it after market.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #51
Sinaz

Drives: 07 Liftback
I jut wanted to chime in with my aftermarket power options journey.

I waived the power whatever option at the dealer... knocking 2000 dollars off the final price.

With that 2000 dollars, I had a professionally installed 3 door power locks + trunk release + keyless entry + Python alarm + optional interior switches -AND- a SPAL power windows kit -AND- tinted my windows... leaving me with 1000 dollars change to figure out how to get the mirrors powered (if I so choose).

With the aftermarket support on these Toyotas... so long as you've got a few competitive aftermarket shops near by and a trusted family mechanic... there is no reason to spend the money Toyota asks for their options unless you simply want the interior switches to be genuine Toyota electronics switches (for whatever that's worth.) If you don't have a family mechanic, you really ought to go find a shop that feels trust worthy and get to know everyone's names there.

The power package I was offered at Toyota did not include power to the liftback's lock nor a feature to pop it via remote. It also lacked impact sensors (or so I gathered from the salesperson.)

So... anyone know anything about aftermarket power mirror conversions?
Sinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:34 PM   #52
n0ts0intellig3nt

Drives: Yaris S LOL!
err. im having problems finding a cable style power lock conversion for the yaris sedan. anyone got suggestions?

*nevermind im an idiot*

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...ode=W02C-RF104
n0ts0intellig3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #53
grampi

Drives: Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixt View Post
If he's looking at other dealerships, he's probably telling the truth. If he's telling you it can't be factory ordered the way you want it, he's full of beans! You can order it with any option or option package from any dealership if you're getting it from the factory.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #54
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
[QUOTE=YotaYarisUSA;7501]Power is harder to get with Yaris,and in my opinion is not worth the $$$, it only gives you something else that can break down and tear up.

That's what I used to think; I have a 1998 Subaru Forester and approaching it's tenth year of use, not a lick of problem with the power windows.

I wasn't planning on getting the power package with the Yaris, but I really needed the 60/40 fold-flat, sliding seats in the HB to make it work for me; I would by lying if I said that I didn't like the convenience of the power. Just wish I could have gotten cruise control (I still may add one aftermarket if it really bothers me on my long trip in June).

As an aside, TDS12, where did you get your avatar? So very hot.
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote