Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #37
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
In the kits I help sell now, the high beam works exactly the same as the Toyota Pirius that are equipted with factory HIDs. Instead of having a tiny halogen bulb attached to the low beam HID bulb like other kits, there is only one HID bulb, but the housing itself "snaps" back to aim the light patten up (high beam).
For me, this reads "There is no point in getting an HID kit with high beams." What do you think Chris, do you ever get into a situation where you wish you had the high beams?

Another question... assuming you got a low beam only kit would it be possible to change the stick controls so that a tug backwards turned on your fog lights instead of your high beams? This way you wouldn't need to install the switch for the fogs and all light controls could be operated with the stick. That would be quite the clean install.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #38
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
For me, this reads "There is no point in getting an HID kit with high beams." What do you think Chris, do you ever get into a situation where you wish you had the high beams?

Another question... assuming you got a low beam only kit would it be possible to change the stick controls so that a tug backwards turned on your fog lights instead of your high beams? This way you wouldn't need to install the switch for the fogs and all light controls could be operated with the stick. That would be quite the clean install.
Being how bright these low beam low H4 HID kit is, I have never needed to need anything brighter. As long as your headlights are aimed correctly, you will see great, and not be any harm or distraction to other drivers.

Now do I wish I sometimes had high beams for the A-Holes that cut me off from time to time, YES!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #39
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
I meant rebased bulbs.
Again, these kits are H4 fittment, exactly what comes original equiptment size in your Yaris.

There is not "adapters" to make them from one size, to another.

To answer your last question, I believe he has a few different K ratings to choose from, but comparing light output to headlights with or without projectors, is like comparing apples to oranges.

A projector retrofit with HIDs, is hands down the best way to go, if you know what your doing to make it work correctly.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #40
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I've been asking around HIDPlanet for some advice and they told me that if I'm gonna be doing a drop in kit and be keeping my stock reflectors then the best k rating to use are between 4000 to 5000 k bulbs.

Quote:
Again, these kits are H4 fittment, exactly what comes original equiptment size in your Yaris.

There is not "adapters" to make them from one size, to another.

To answer your last question, I believe he has a few different K ratings to choose from, but comparing light output to headlights with or without projectors, is like comparing apples to oranges.

A projector retrofit with HIDs, is hands down the best way to go, if you know what your doing to make it work correctly.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #41
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've been asking around HIDPlanet for some advice and they told me that if I'm gonna be doing a drop in kit and be keeping my stock reflectors then the best k rating to use are between 4000 to 5000 k bulbs.
Thats correct. Most "useable" light.. Just about every car company that has HID/Xenon's as factory equiptment, uses bulbs in that K range.

From experience, 8oook and 1o,oook may look nice, but you cant see the road for chit! These bulbs in this original post of mine, and the ones I am currenty using/selling, are labled I think higher then they should be... this is a nice crisp bright white with what I have now. No where near the bluish/teal color like the higher K bulbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new 007.jpg (48.5 KB, 141 views)
Old 09-27-2006, 07:01 PM   #42
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Thats correct. Most "useable" light.. Just about every car company that has HID/Xenon's as factory equiptment, uses bulbs in that K range.

From experience, 8oook and 1o,oook may look nice, but you cant see the road for chit! These bulbs in this original post of mine, and the ones I am currenty using/selling, are labled I think higher then they should be... this is a nice crisp bright white with what I have now. No where near the bluish/teal color like the higher K bulbs.
Excellent. Now I have to decide whether I want to get fog lights or your HID kit first.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #43
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Excellent. Now I have to decide whether I want to get fog lights or your HID kit first.
Id go fog lights. The eBay one's, like Todd's are only $119 shipped with everything.... save up later for two HID kits, one for fogs, one for headlights.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #44
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Does this low beam kit eliminate the ability to use the high beams on the yaris?

Also any chance you can pm me the number of your contact? I'd like to speak to him about the purchase. There's a chance I may be heading up north in a couple weeks so maybe I can stop by after all.

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback - Current
2004 Honda S2000 - Sold
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Sold

DIY: Groundwire Kit
Old 09-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #45
IsLNdbOi

The Yaris uses a single bulb for low beam and high beam so if you got the low beam kit, you'd have low beam only. At least that's what I got from all of this.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #46
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Id go fog lights. The eBay one's, like Todd's are only $119 shipped with everything.... save up later for two HID kits, one for fogs, one for headlights.
That's a good idea. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:14 AM   #47
ItsMyDaily
The LittleBastard

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
The Yaris uses a single bulb for low beam and high beam so if you got the low beam kit, you'd have low beam only. At least that's what I got from all of this.
interesting. well then I guess I'd like to purchase the high/low beam kit.

2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback - Current
2004 Honda S2000 - Sold
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - Sold

DIY: Groundwire Kit
Old 09-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #48
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
As mentioned before, the new kits are EAGLE EYE. This post does not seem to be ending, so all the new guys replying, again, the new kits are EAGLE EYE, not Nuxen.

We have had much better results with the color between the two lights staying the same.. the Nuxen had a few issues over time in that respect.
Also the Eagle Eyes have the igniter built in, so its a much easier/cleaner install as well.

Service and communication with Eagle Eye company has also been leaps and bounds over Nuxen.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #49
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
From your first post on this thread:
Quote:
My kit is made by Nuxen...
Thanks for clearing that up.

Actually, shouldn't that be "EAGLEYE"?

Last edited by Violin; 09-28-2006 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #50
Violin

Do you know if the High/Low is kit plug & play as well or does it require any cutting of the housing?

This is what has me concerned: (see step #1): http://www.namyung.co.kr/english/hotproduct/hidh4.asp

It may just be drilling a small hole for a mounting screw.

Last edited by Violin; 09-28-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #51
IsLNdbOi

I couldn't find Eagleye's website, but found this (maybe this is their website):

http://plasmagarage.com/index.html
Old 09-28-2006, 12:49 PM   #52
Violin

No - this is it: http://www.namyung.co.kr/english/index_eng.asp
Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #53
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Would you be able to get the high/low?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:21 PM   #54
Violin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1983
Would you be able to get the high/low?
I can answer that - Yes.

I'm probably going to get a set myself. I'll share my impression of them here if I do.
Closed Thread