Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-23-2006, 04:42 AM   #37
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22
wait one year, you'll be seeing 06+ models everywhere
never as many as civics, not in the forseeable future. The civic has been around for ages, there are still millions on the road. The new ones I like more, but its still a civic.

but yes, I am starting to see a yaris every now and again... and the numbers are definitely growing :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:51 AM   #38
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman
never as many as civics, not in the forseeable future. The civic has been around for ages, there are still millions on the road. The new ones I like more, but its still a civic.

but yes, I am starting to see a yaris every now and again... and the numbers are definitely growing :)

Ha foookin oath, i live in some new units and theres already 4 Yaris owners in the building!!! 3 hatch and 1 sedan

One yaris owner came up to me and said "why do you have different symbols from my yaris" and just to play with his head i said "i paid 2000 more"

and i thaught i was special..........lol well im the only one thats modded up the yaris :) YAY!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:03 AM   #39
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Ha foookin oath, i live in some new units and theres already 4 Yaris owners in the building!!! 3 hatch and 1 sedan

One yaris owner came up to me and said "why do you have different symbols from my yaris" and just to play with his head i said "i paid 2000 more"

and i thaught i was special..........lol well im the only one thats modded up the yaris :) YAY!!!!
wow, now that would suck if 4 people on my block got a yaris... one on the corner just got a fit... I suppose the "unique" days are numbered!?!?

Still never as "generic" as a civic :)
Old 11-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #40
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Thats always the problem.. if a car is cheap, good quality, fun, and has decent performance, then it is bound to become popular, and you are bound to see them all over the streets over time. Which makes us pioneers look less special

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:11 AM   #41
spkrman
Banned

I wonder if this means the 07 yaris in the states will be on http://yearone.com/ ? :)
Old 11-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #42
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Quote:
Its called Jazz is Australia

still a poop name......

I hate the simple names like Jazz, Falcon, Fit, TT but love the Unique names for cars like Tiida, Yaris, Vitz, Corolla, Camry, Lancer, Aurion, Auris, Commodore, Acura, Silvia, etc etc

yerrrr dude!
"Camry" has always bugged me. I always wondered if it's a 35mm or a rangefinder model.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #43
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris13
"Camry" has always bugged me. I always wondered if it's a 35mm or a rangefinder model.
HA! lol well down here in australia when ever you hear the word "camry" everyone will think of Indians. Not being racist, but everyone knows that the majority of them loves the camry.
:) :) :)
Old 11-26-2006, 09:22 AM   #44
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I might not respect Consumer Report's review for the Yaris, but the AJAX award is no shit. The Yaris wasn't even a contender, Fit won of course, with Versa and Accent as runner up. Which leads me to think...wtf?!?

All these reviewers can't all be retards, so I'd like to know why the Yaris wasn't a contender, cause if I had a choose between Yaris, Versa, Accent and Fit and they were all identically priced with similar options (except for those that don't have side-bags), I'd buy the Yaris in a hart-beat. So what gives?

I could think of a bunch of minor quibbles about the car that might be major ones for some... The initial clutch take-up is not intuitive, but it does get better with time. No tilt/hight control on the driver seat for those of us with long legs, who want to dial-in more thigh support. Lower glove box seriously digs into leg room for tall passengers (you'd need to put your shortest passenger up front and the taller ones in the back). Cargo space behind the fold down seats could be a bit on the small side for babe carriage (which could be an issue for those youngsters who like to make mistakes). No available side airbag for the popular liftback model. Centre dash panel (and if you're journalist and can't get past the centre dash...get a new job). Even with all these possible flaws, I'd still take the Yaris over the competition, but I'm bent on the cars road handling ability above all else. Maybe I'm just in a world on my own, but it'd be interesting to see if all the bad reviews will dampen sales in the Toronto area. Otherwise, it'd be another example of a truly good car that can't be put down. Like the 96 to 00 Civic that always did mediocre on comparisons...but took home the sales.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM   #45
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
I test drove all 3 and the Yaris felt best over all to me. The Fit's steering response was too quick for me or I'd have bought one. The Versa had the most room but I didn't like the way the rear seat folded down. It has the smoothest ride but the steering was a bit too quick. The Yaris had a damped down steering feel that appealed to me. The center dash instrument cluster was fun but a bit annoying to use. The lift backs elbow room was very good and the seat fit perfectly for me. The Fit had an ingenious rear seat design but the Yaris's optional sliding rear seat design was good enough and provided a large enough flat space for the Parrot cage. I liked it's cheerful looks the best. It also got the best mileage. With the addition of a sway bar it is has served me well.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #46
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Yaris....built in Japan!!!!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote