Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #37
Fit_N_In

Drives: '07 Honda Fit - SSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Id take a FIT anyday over the Yaris, but as it is now, Im the only one who drives/sits in my car... its a work commuter. So the extra "space" of a FIT wouldnt make sence for me, but damn I like 'em.
I love mine so far...never gotten less than 33mpg and that was with heavy acceleration and 70-80mph speeds. It's incredibly stable and fun to drive.

Let's face it...the 4-door Vitz is hot...no doubt. But apparently Toyota thinks it's fun to sh!t on the states and doesn't sell it here. They even taunt us by selling it in Canada, and basically saying "Hey, look how much cooler this version is...too bad you can't get it down there!". lol If they woulda sold the 4-door Yaris in the states, I probably woulda ended up with that one. Toyota really made the decision easy for me!
Fit_N_In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #38
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
I threw up in my mouth a little.

I can't stand the look of the Fit stock or modified.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #39
Fit_N_In

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
I threw up in my mouth a little.

I can't stand the look of the Fit stock or modified.
Well, to each his own, I guess. But the 4-door versatility really makes the difference for a lot of people. I just think the Fit looks of better quality than the Yaris...especially the interior.

Btw, the mileage argument is really of no effect...I've gotten 40 and 41mpg out of my Fit in highway driving.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #40
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
the fit looks nice when modded. that silver one's clean.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #41
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit_N_In View Post
Well, to each his own, I guess. But the 4-door versatility really makes the difference for a lot of people. I just think the Fit looks of better quality than the Yaris...especially the interior.

Btw, the mileage argument is really of no effect...I've gotten 40 and 41mpg out of my Fit in highway driving.
I used to think 4 doors was the only way to go. Now I realize that it really doesn't matter much to me. In the rare instance that I take my 2 year old for a ride its super easy to get her into the seat since I can stand up in the rear floor area.

I have no problems with the interior quality of the Yaris, I really like the flip out cupholders and the drivers side glove box.

It really came down to price and availability. I live in a major metro area and there where no Fits that had a manual trans on dealer lots. Plus the price difference was HUGE.

I'm sure the Fit is a great car, it just wasn't for me.

Thanks for not being a jerkoff.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:27 PM   #42
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
it is a to each their own thing, and I think the us does much better thatn us, in standard things and air bags! Each market and toyota dictate so much
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #43
Fit_N_In

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
I used to think 4 doors was the only way to go. Now I realize that it really doesn't matter much to me. In the rare instance that I take my 2 year old for a ride its super easy to get her into the seat since I can stand up in the rear floor area.

I have no problems with the interior quality of the Yaris, I really like the flip out cupholders and the drivers side glove box.

It really came down to price and availability. I live in a major metro area and there where no Fits that had a manual trans on dealer lots. Plus the price difference was HUGE.

I'm sure the Fit is a great car, it just wasn't for me.

Thanks for not being a jerkoff.
Nah, I totally understand...like I said, if they had had the 4 door version in the states, I'm sure I probably woulda gone with that. I like the exterior styling a bit more, but in a 3 door it just looks too short. Plus, after having a car without cruise, I won't do without it again. It's just so much easier on long drives (which I make way too many of). I understand the availability issue being that I live in KC. While it's not Chicago, NY, or LA, I still got dealers laughing at me when I called to ask about a Fit. I happened to find ONE dealership in Missouri who had a fit coming in that wasn't spoken for. It just HAPPENED to be a silver manual sport...and as it was, I had to plunk down a $500 deposit to hold it in my name even if I just wanted to even TEST DRIVE IT!!! I kinda got lucky when it came to mine. But checking the availability of the Yaris around here, most were auto's or some weird configuration. Like I said though, the biggest killer for me was the availability of cruise control on the hatchback...4 doors or not. Fortunately I wasn't gouged like some other guys on price. The dealership did me good at just under $16K.

I'm not a hater...

Oh, and I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread...the new Siphon is out and the Tein Yaris is hot! A little under-powered for what I was expecting, but it's still killer. I'm kinda blown away by the Versa boasting 122hp stock for around $14K fully loaded...WITH a 6-speed manual!! The Stillen Versa isn't half bad, but that requires a bit of body mods to get past the ugly look of it stock. As opposed to the Fit and the Yaris (imo).

Last edited by Fit_N_In; 04-04-2007 at 12:43 PM.