Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #37
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 in 15 states have addressed the Obama administration to withdraw from the United States to establish their own government .

States after this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota , Indiana, Mississippi , Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York . These states have demanded that the Obama administration has granted the right to a peaceful outcome to the United States.

These petitions were filed in just a few days after the 2012 presidential election .

Louisiana became the first state petition . It was recorded the day after the election , Mr. Michael E. of Slidell, Louisiana. Texas was the next state , followed by a petition from Mr. Micah H. from Arlington , Texas.

Government allocates one month from the date of submission of the application to collect 25,000 signatures to the Obama administration to consider the request.

This article I found on the Internet. Is that true?
Old 03-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #38
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickZEL View Post
On Saturday, November 10, 2012 in 15 states have addressed the Obama administration to withdraw from the United States to establish their own government .

States after this action include: Louisiana, Texas, Montana, North Dakota , Indiana, Mississippi , Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Colorado, Oregon and New York . These states have demanded that the Obama administration has granted the right to a peaceful outcome to the United States.

These petitions were filed in just a few days after the 2012 presidential election .

Louisiana became the first state petition . It was recorded the day after the election , Mr. Michael E. of Slidell, Louisiana. Texas was the next state , followed by a petition from Mr. Micah H. from Arlington , Texas.

Government allocates one month from the date of submission of the application to collect 25,000 signatures to the Obama administration to consider the request.

It doesn't matter......not going to happen. Just like some people wanting to impeach Obama......not going to happen.

Re Texas.....The U.S. needs Texas, and Texas needs (as a whole) the U.S.

There are over 3,000 counties in the United States. I live in Montgomery County, Texas. It is directly north of Harris County, which contains the city of Houston. Many consider Montgomery the most conservative county in Texas (the last time the Democrat nominee for POTUS captured more than 50 % of the vote was in 1964). Some consider it the 3rd most conservative county in the United States (after #1 Willamson County, Tennessee (southwest of Nashville....which is also the wealthiest county in the U.S., re per capita income when adjusted for cost of living) and #2 Gwinnett County, Georgia (east of Atlanta)).

Part of Montgomery County is rural, but it also has a large corporate presence. Population wise, Between 2000 and 2010 (Census years here in the U.S.), Montgomery County was the 24th fastest growing county in the United States. The Woodlands grew at an even faster rate during that period than the county as a whole. In 2000, among the places with the highest median household income in the U.S. with a population of 50,000 or more, The Woodlands was # 13 . IIRC, among the 'Relovilles' in the U.S., The Woodlands is second to #1 Alpharetta, Georgia re the number of residents born out of state (at 58 %).

The point I'm trying to make is that people from all over, engaged in many different endeavors, live here in Montgomery County -- and that it is a very pro-growth, pro-business place.

Why illustrate this? I think a mixture of what I have illustrated drives a frustration that needed an outlet.

What was the outlet? The day after the 2012 election I visited the United States Postal Service office in The Woodlands Town Center (I needed to mail a package). There is a law/regulation (State? Federal?) that signs pertaining to Politics (and perhaps other issues) must be a certain distance away from a 'Public' place. At that time I was conscious of that distance (I no longer remember the measurement...it was mentioned in a newspaper article). Near the Post Office (a few inches on the correct side of what was permissible) was a poster of Obama with a Hitler style moustache drawn on his upper lip. No text. Just the picture.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #39
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
They're exporting natural gas from Texas and expect it to rise . So don't get your hopes up for cheaper heating and electric bills . More money in shipping it out , so the commercials on TV about lower bills is bull .

Probably but theres still the problem that exports cant grow as much as big oil would like it to without the infrastructure necessary for it.

Which is why we ALL need to drive cars that get 35 mpg and NOT 20 mpg!

probably.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #40
bronsin

Quote:

Probably. But these people are idiots. Yes 25,000 signed a petition to seceed.

But the rest of the 20,000,000 in each state DIDNT sign it!

And in your country if you did such a thing you get put in the gulag!

Putin is getting your country in a lot of trouble with the rest of the world. 100 nations in the UN voted to condem Russia's action in Ukrain. 60 voted to abstain. Yet the forgiegn minister said "This looks promising for us and we expect more people to join us." He is seriously wrong about that!

Leave the Ukrainians alone. You can still have access to the naval base in the Crimea.If Russia keeps it up no one will invest there. Youre already out of the G8. Youre going to be on the outside looking in with no where to grow your economy.

Last edited by bronsin; 03-29-2014 at 08:49 PM.
bronsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #41
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
You were very fortunate. Some might claim 'soothing lawyer' is an oxymoron .
LOL! Gosh I miss that place, it was sooooooo cool working there. It was a lot of work, but there was food all the time, everywhere. 2 Main kitchens, 14 satellite kitchens, I could go on and on. So many cool people and what a learning experience. Ah, memories
Believe me, trials are NOT like what you see on Law & Order
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:03 PM   #42
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Yeah, We need Texas for SURE! It's the only state that has any balls
I remember all the 'occupy' protesters in DC before we left town in July 2010 - It was a mess...I mean literally, they were all a mess! Sleeping everywhere, camping out on cardboard and crap, my gosh, hope all of you made a difference (NOT) Nice to watch all this s**t going on from the comfort of the home office in a house in the country...
Old 03-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #43
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
LOL!
Believe me, trials are NOT like what you see on Law & Order
LOL. I know. There are too many attorneys in my family (many types represented.....big firm corporate, prosecuting, and public defenders, lone wolves (so to speak) in private practice). I wish we had more doctors, business owners, and investors in the family (not that we don't have any, I just wish we had more).
Old 03-30-2014, 12:04 AM   #44
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
Yeah, We need Texas for SURE! It's the only state that has any balls
I remember all the 'occupy' protesters in DC before we left town in July 2010 - It was a mess...I mean literally, they were all a mess! Sleeping everywhere, camping out on cardboard and crap, my gosh, hope all of you made a difference (NOT) Nice to watch all this s**t going on from the comfort of the home office in a house in the country...
You are a hoot! I hope your wife appreciates your positive attitude. My aunt has always said that the best thing about being married to my uncle is that she always knows she shares her life with someone who is cheery and looks at life with a positive attitude (and my uncle does NOT like liberals ). My grandfather was the same way. My grandfather owned his own business, and when he started it he made his brother his junior partner (after paying for his own college education and the same for his brother). Their employees called them The Smiling Mr. _______ and The Frowning Mr.________ (my grandfather was, of course, The Smiling One ).
Old 03-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #45
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Which is why we ALL need to drive cars that get 35 mpg and NOT 20 mpg!
I agree, but I would say should instead of need. Need is a dangerous word. Fewer government fingers in a pie is better than more fingers, IMO.

Re insufficient infrastructure, on our end it would create a lot of manufacturing jobs to build that infrastructure, but of course that would be a complete waste without companion infrastructure at the port, etc. on other end.

probably.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #46
nookandcrannycar

Quote:

Putin is getting your country in a lot of trouble with the rest of the world. 100 nations in the UN voted to condem Russia's action in Ukrain. 60 voted to abstain. Yet the forgiegn minister said "This looks promising for us and we expect more people to join us." He is seriously wrong about that!

Leave the Ukrainians alone. You can still have access to the naval base in the Crimea.If Russia keeps it up no one will invest there. Youre already out of the G8. Youre going to be on the outside looking in with no where to grow your economy.
You are a great mix of being pointed, focused, and blunt......with tremendous humor injected that accentuates all three. Don't change! (Could you, even if you wanted to ?....Naaaah). The world needs more of this.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 AM   #47
bronsin

Quote:
You are a great mix of being pointed, focused, and blunt......with tremendous humor injected that accentuates all three. Don't change! (Could you, even if you wanted to ?....Naaaah). The world needs more of this.
The world can get more of that by buying my book The Storys at Outskirtspress.com or look on Amazon or Nook!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #48
MickZEL

Quote:

Putin has done for Russia : • Over 12 years of Putin Russia has increased the budget by 22 times , military spending - 30 times GDP - 12 times ( Russia jumped from 36th place in the world in terms of GDP 2nd place) • Increased international reserves 48 times ! • returned 256 mineral deposits in the Russian jurisdiction • ripped bonded "liberal" in the history of the production sharing agreement . • 65% nationalized the oil industry and 95% of gas and many other industries . • raised the industry and agriculture ( Russian for 5 consecutive years ranked 2-3 in the world grain exports , surpassing the U.S. , which are now on the 4th place). • increase the average salary in the public sector to 18.5 times in 12 years , while the average pension - 14 times. • Well, it is quite a small thing : Putin (he ) has lowered the extinction of the Russian population with 1.5 million people per year in 1999 to 21 thousand in 2011 , ie 71.5 times . • In addition , Putin canceled Khasavyurt agreement - than defended the integrity of Russia, gave publicity to NGOs - the fifth column and banned MPs have an account abroad , defended Syria, end the war in Chechnya and returned to Crimea ! !

I think that such a leader can be respected.
Russia does not want Ukraine.
Russia simply returned back their land.
What would you say if Obama gave one state to another state?
Old 03-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #49
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Putin has done for Russia : • Over 12 years of Putin Russia has increased the budget by 22 times
If you had a true free market economy, that wouldn't be a good thing.

Quote:
( Russia jumped from 36th place in the world in terms of GDP 2nd place)
No it didn't. The last figures were published in October of 2013 for 2012 and re Nominal GDP Russia ranks 8th in the world and 6th in the world re GDP PPP (Purchasing Power Parity GDP)

Quote:
65% nationalized the oil industry and 95% of gas and many other industries
And just why is that a positive development?

Quote:
increase the average salary in the public sector to 18.5 times in 12 years
If you had a free market economy, that wouldn't be a good thing.

Quote:
Russia does not want Ukraine.
I think you are being naive. Putin has said that the worst thing that happened during the 20th century was the fall of the Soviet Union.

If the Russian way of running a country is so great, then why don't Americans want to migrate to Russia rather than the other way around?
Old 03-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #50
MickZEL

after separation of the Ukrainian officials have plundered entire treasury.
Let Ukraine itself is brewed in my soup.
It's a pity people living Russian Ukraine. Tymoshenko said that Ukraine Russian rogue, and x have to kill a nuclear weapon.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:30 PM   #51
nookandcrannycar

Yahoo has posted the same story about the 10 most miserable cities/metro areas in the U.S. multiple times (one commenter writes = 5x). Another commenter mentions he attended college in one, lives in another, and sarcastically wrote that he guesses he should try to be less happy. Another commenter writes it is no surprise that 90 % of these areas are in the South because 'there are so many Christians there'. I don't think that is the reason. I think it is because the people who run Yahoo! have the same mindset as the people who run A & E. BTW, one of the areas listed is where yougojay lives. Does he sound like someone who is miserable?...I think just the opposite is the case. Another commenter posted something that (while I don't agree with all of the points) I love the tone. I figured this commenter must have found this on another site. I found it on another site. It is entitled: 'Why I vote Democrat', the link is below:

http://www.redstate.com/diary/6755mm...eeds-go-viral/
Old 03-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #52
MickZEL

I would visit your country. Interesting to see how you live. :-)
Old 03-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #53
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Yahoo has posted the same story about the 10 most miserable cities/metro areas in the U.S. multiple times (one commenter writes = 5x). Another commenter mentions he attended college in one, lives in another, and sarcastically wrote that he guesses he should try to be less happy. Another commenter writes it is no surprise that 90 % of these areas are in the South because 'there are so many Christians there'. I don't think that is the reason. I think it is because the people who run Yahoo! have the same mindset as the people who run A & E. BTW, one of the areas listed is where yougojay lives. Does he sound like someone who is miserable?...I think just the opposite is the case. Another commenter posted something that (while I don't agree with all of the points) I love the tone. I figured this commenter must have found this on another site. I found it on another site. It is entitled: 'Why I vote Democrat', the link is below:

http://www.redstate.com/diary/6755mm...eeds-go-viral/
Thanks Nook
No, absolutely NOT miserable here, only Absolutely Red..!
Life - Either make it happy or make it miserable. It's all in your attitude. Glass 1/2 FULL here, my whole life.
People make things worse for themselves a lot of the time.
Don't keep up with the Jones - Keep up with yourself. If you want, you need to work and make things happen. Do Unto Others & Have Some Respect.
Don't spend money you don't have - Don't buy things you can't afford.
Learn from your mistakes, don't get all pissy about it. Be a giver not a taker. Good things come to good people. Karma is a b**ch!
I credit genes & great parents who had morals and taught me the correct way (as good as they could)
Make the best of where you live, if you don't like it, MOVE?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #54
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
I would visit your country. Interesting to see how you live. :-)
I would visit your country - It is rich in History & I am sure it would be VERY cool to see the sites. Lovin' those cool new buildings in the Moscow Business Center ( I believe)
Yes, MickZEL, you'd never be the same after a weekend at 'Taste Of Chicago' Mmmmmmm....Food

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste_of_Chicago