Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #37
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Dude , YOU SUCK . Now I have to build a Mountain Rifle or 2
Old 05-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #38
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
Dude , YOU SUCK . Now I have to build a Mountain Rifle or 2
Shit Holmes, I have more then enough iron for you to borrow. If'in you are real good I might even let you borrow a seriously tuned bow for venison!!! You reckon that VA corn liquor and BBQ in the barn is cool? The wife is also welcome as we are able to behave in front of the ladies. If they don't I will bust there ass! I also spend some serious time harvesting the ground hogs during the summer.

So, if I borrow a spring compressor are you going to assist this senior in installing his springs at, or before the dragon the dragon? I raced AMA a long time ago.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #39
MudBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Next time I can beat a hurricane with a rifle, I'll be sure to give you a call. Luckily, we don't have levees to break up here, we are all above sealevel to start with.

It's not the water I'm talking about, it's the roving bands of thugs that filled the streets for a week or so after. PMC's and NG had to be called in to make the place safe again.

Dig deeper than the standard news reports, it got really bad there with criminal violence and armed looters. A rescue group from AZ got there and after seeing what was going on refused to work unless they could be armed. When they were told no by the mayor they said "screw this" and came home.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #40
MudBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksan View Post
Hey MudBug, You do not have nearly enough SBR's, or Cans! When you make it to the East Coast come and play with belt fire toys. So, air cooled, or water cooled veterans peak your interest?

I've shot them, AZ is filled with private owners and groups like Damage LLC

That I can get a chance to shoot almost anything I could want.

Also, if you watched the Contractor training vid you can see an M60 that is owned by a friend of mine that I get to shoot fairly often.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #41
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Are we changin the shocks as well (personally recomended) ? I was planning on arriving at the Dragon Fri the 22nd . It will take us 4-5 hrs if we use the spring comressors that u rent @ autozone . 3 hours if we use the vice type compressors that are found in auto shops . We will have to remove all the fresh air/windshield wiper motor stuff and all bracing . @ the dragon we will have to use muscle power versus air tools in a shop . Either way is fine with me . Just wanna know which game to show up at .

Do you know what corn liquor does to Native Americans ? Shit , throw in BBQ and guns ..... we might have to pay ole Dubya a visit

This is my schedule for the next couple of months .
June 2 Dragon Tenn
June 9 Autox Cola SC
June 16 Carolina Motorsports Park Track Days Kershaw SC
June 22 Dragon Cruise Tenn
June 30 Call for the hospital
July 7 Beach Isle of Palms SC
July 14 Autox and Track Days Cola and Kershaw SC
July 21 ****High Tach Motorsports Mountain Cruise **** NC
July 28 Call for the hospital

My Creek @ night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg family pics 091.jpg (136.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-26-2007, 11:43 PM   #42
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Love the auto Glock, right now all I have is a Beretta PX4 .40 a 9mm Beretta M9A1, Mossberg 500 and a Colt M4, and would love to have a place like yours to go shooting
Old 05-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #43
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Mud I thought you avoided this section of Yarisworld? Guess you found a thread worth your time.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #44
MudBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Mud I thought you avoided this section of Yarisworld? Guess you found a thread worth your time.

I was wondering when I would get caught.

After that dust up in the other forum I decided to make a pass through here and see what was up, and you're right, I found something interesting to me.

Yes, you caught me, I'm busted.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #45
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

...and Mud for what its worth this left wing liberal believes in gun owners rights. Im all for protecting myself and my family against the 'underprivledged' of society. My wife and I have carry permits and are well stocked in self defense armaments around the house and in our autos.

Now those automatic cannons are another story!!!!!! Takes the fun out of hunting when you spray Bambi with 200 rounds a minute but will takedown a crackhead with no problem.

Last edited by redyaris; 05-28-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #46
blacksan

Quote:
Now those automatic cannons are another story!!!!!! Takes the fun out of hunting when you spray Bambi with 200 rounds a minute but will takedown a crackhead with no problem.
Hmmm, I along with many folks in my area have select fire weapons along with many other NFA controlled items and we don't use them to hunt. They are an area of interest that is not that easy to obtain, or feed due to financial considerations. When you try to legitimize the right of ownership by equating it to hunting that same argument could be used to restrict vehicles to a maximum federal speed limit and so on with every facet of our lives.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #47
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Personally i dont see the need for over the top long-range automatic rifles when a 2 - 3 laser sight assisted hollow points will do what i need (if I ever need it). Im not aiming at a bad guy 100 yards away.

Whats the interest in these weapons anyway? Shredding targets? Mowing down protesters at a Chinese democracy rally? Could someone enlighten me?

Also im still clueless as to why a less than year old infant NEEDS to know how to fire a gun which is the topic of this thread.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #48
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fu_im_from_texas View Post
im a huge proponent of compassion. its hard to show someone compassion when your pointing a gun at them...just zerotwo...
It believe it's called "Gunboat Diplomacy"
Old 05-29-2007, 11:10 AM   #49
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
SPKRMAN QUOTE:
Point is, teach instead of hide... the unknown and forbidden is more attractive than candy to a baby.

That is a such a great statement. That is how I try to be a good father to my kids. I show them how things are instead of just saying no. My son has owned a .22 since he was 4 years old. It is a single shot with a scope and he can now shoot it just fine. Every time we go to shoot, we always talk about gun safety first. My son has a friend who's mother was concerned about "guns in the classroom". The teacher said we don't allow guns or toy guns in the classroom. The mother said, "these little green army men have guns. They need to be thrown away." The teacher was stunned, as was I when I heard this. Needless to say this mother was promptly put on my "Kooky Parent" list. My son is not to have this kid over our house anymore.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #50
blacksan

Quote:
Whats the interest in these weapons anyway? Shredding targets? Mowing down protesters at a Chinese democracy rally? Could someone enlighten me?
It's kind of like asking why doesn't everyone like golf, hamburgers, fords, public transportation, etc. I personally fielded a few examples during my stint in the military and find a nostalgic connection to them. On the flip side of the coin I also have an engineering background and enjoy the complex elements of design and function. You are assuming (so it seems) that one is intent on destruction, or criminal pursuit by simply owning one of these weapons? I also know of several examples that are purely collected in my area and never fired. I think that it is ironic that your primary intent (as I understand) on weapons ownership is for the possible use against a soft target (person) when I just personally enjoy shooting targets with my friends and I own the WMD's as you seemingly imply?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #51
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Blacksan guns to me are to be used for one thing: personal self protection. I dont care to use them to shoot at bullseyes other than at a range.

To me its like driving an F1 Ferrari vs. a stock Ferrari. How much power do you need?

You are assuming a lot about me also none of which would be true. Notice that I dont assume anything about you blacksan except that I suspect you are a KISS fan? Btw, my favorite band of all time.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #52
blacksan

Quote:
Blacksan guns to me are to be used for one thing: personal self protection. I dont care to use them to shoot at bullseyes other than at a range.

To me its like driving an F1 Ferrari vs. a stock Ferrari. How much power do you need?

You are assuming a lot about me also none of which would be true. Notice that I dont assume anything about you blacksan except that I suspect you are a KISS fan? Btw, my favorite band of all time.
I respect your thought's. I just like driving an F1 to work. BTW, I guess you realize that I am not comparing my Yaris to an F1, right?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #53
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
SPKRMAN QUOTE:
Point is, teach instead of hide... the unknown and forbidden is more attractive than candy to a baby.

That is a such a great statement. That is how I try to be a good father to my kids. I show them how things are instead of just saying no. My son has owned a .22 since he was 4 years old. It is a single shot with a scope and he can now shoot it just fine. Every time we go to shoot, we always talk about gun safety first. My son has a friend who's mother was concerned about "guns in the classroom". The teacher said we don't allow guns or toy guns in the classroom. The mother said, "these little green army men have guns. They need to be thrown away." The teacher was stunned, as was I when I heard this. Needless to say this mother was promptly put on my "Kooky Parent" list. My son is not to have this kid over our house anymore.
And thats the kid who sees a gun.... has no clue what to expect... and shoots himself/your kid/his mom/me.

I can understand the idea of not having one around in the first place... but to hide ANYTHING relating to guns is ridiculous. How can you be prepared to step into a world where you have no idea what to expect?

Once you understand both sides of the story is when you are prepared to make a decision... deciding and acting without understanding is why the world is what it is today. Imagine the scientific breakthroughs if there wasn't such ridiculous $ and time dumped into destructive forces.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #54
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman View Post
Imagine the scientific breakthroughs if there wasn't such ridiculous $ and time dumped into destructive forces.
Actually, most technological and scientific advancements are made during times of war. Government and military pressure on the need for better weapons during international conflict have been directly related to the far greater majority of scientific advancements that we now enjoy in our day-to-day lives.