Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #55
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
No photos to be released
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #56
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick996 View Post
No need for rock-crawling-under ( understood). It was just a matter of giving Ms. Dovey credit. The sentences flowed together nicely and it's something that MLK would have said.

I like that the quote about knowledge is author UNKNOWN.
HeHe!

I really do live under a rock... and I'm the UNKNOWN...

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #57
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
No photos to be released
I don't understand?

They showed Saddam being hanged on prime time TV, they showed the Abu Ghraib torture photos over and over, and they killed over a million people in Iraq and Afghanistan. But not putting the footage of Osama Bin Laden out... because of national security reasons and not who we are? So they say? Yeah right! This is the biggest hypocricy of all... something is wrong? And if you look at the FBI site... no mention of Bin Laden's dealings with 9-11. Huh? I'm very saddened of what has happened and now is happening. I need closure... physical proof.

I can't look at it this way as many Americans look at it: "I've never killed a man, but I've read many an obituary with a great deal of satisfaction." -- Mark Twain. Just saying IMHO!

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
Old 05-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #58
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
I don't understand?

I need closure... physical proof.

Cheers!

Thank You! I have been in so many arguments since they said they aren't going to release a photo about this. And no I'm not sick or morbid. It's not out of some perverse love of gore that I think the photo should be released. It just should. That's just the bottom line.

The most wanted man since Hitler and we can't release a photo? Seriously. Because of the backlash?! Are you kidding me? I can just imagine some member of al-Qaeda hearing the news of Osama's killing and just shrugging it off but then seeing that we released the photo and only then does he say enough is enough. lol. If we are worried about putting our military at undue risk then here's a damn good idea... pull them out of all these damn countries we have them occupy.

What a joke. And then I'm called crazy and a conspiracy theorist and a teabagger because I think the administration should actually have to back up such a massive claim with actual photographic evidence. Actually had someone tell me they'd question it if it were from Bush but they don't think Obama would lie. LOL. Wow. I thought I was pretty naive and gullible. I voted for him but holy crap I'm not so stupid as to think that he would never lie.

As far as I'm concerned if you don't have any trust issues with the US government then just maybe you aren't paying attention. But whatever.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #59
SailDesign

Drives: .
frownonfun, the problem these days is that you can P'shop anything you want. Publish a pic, and half of the world will think it's a Pshop - don't publish and the other half of the world won't believe he's dead - lose/lose....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #60
frownonfun

it's crossed my mind. that'd be the best possible scenario from an intelligence standpoint. but that's purely speculation which is what you get when the organization making a particular claim can't or won't produce proof. but oh well, life goes on. it's like i've said it's really no harm to anyone if they are fudging the facts a little. most of our lives remain unchanged by this event either way.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #61
HYang

Drives: Yaris 2010, sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
frownonfun, the problem these days is that you can P'shop anything you want. Publish a pic, and half of the world will think it's a Pshop - don't publish and the other half of the world won't believe he's dead - lose/lose....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
I agree- Obama's decision is the right one....in the best interest of his administration.

HOWEVER:
It is also quite reasonable for people to continue to think it more than a little strange that KEY EVIDENCE (ie. Osama Bin Laden's body) was dumped within 10-hours after the firefight, BEFORE DNA tests were completed, and WITHOUT allowing a single credible, disinterested outside party (perahaps a forensics expert or two from a foreign government?) to examine it so as to confirm the kill as authentic or at the very least to collect biometric data (ie. DNA) for analysis at a later time.

I'm no follower of conspiracy theories.
But it does irritate me that people are so bloody eager ('bloody' is the key word) as to eat up this latest production of 'news', replete with weapons & technology fetishizing, without taking anything at all with a grain of salt, and furthermore dismissing those that raise any doubts/questions as being on-level with Birthers and Tea Partyers.

Is Bin Laden really dead? Alive? Free? Under interrogation?
It is agreed that these types of questions are as productive as a serious discussion on who would really win: Batman or Superman?

After much deliberation on Kryptonite and the full-spectrum capabilities of the Batmobile, it is hoped that most people would come to their senses and understand that in the end, both Batman and Superman are fictions produced by one entity- DC Comics- which doesn't care a whit what you or I believe to be true or false, just so long as we keep coming back for more, while continuing to utterly ignore our homework.

Last edited by HYang; 05-06-2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: spelling/ word choice
HYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #62
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Hyang, from what I read, they did the visual confirmation first and he wasnt chucked over the railing till the DNA confirmation was done and proved valid.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #63
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
Hyang, from what I read, they did the visual confirmation first and he wasnt chucked off the boat till the DNA confirmation was done and proved valid.
They did DNA confirmation? I thought it takes at least several days? Maybe for this special case it was hours... This is moving too quickly for me to know what is real anymore?

Back to under my rock...

Cheers!

Old 05-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #64
frownonfun

Yeah really it is hard to tell what's real anymore. And I agree with Hyang that it is a little irritating that people are so quick to gobble this up while trying to make anyone with doubts out to be on the same level as birthers.

I'm not convinced that he wasn't killed. But I'm also not completely sold that he was. I don't think there is a more reasonable position than that.

If the media is just reporting what the government tells them happened well then of course every news outlet is gonna be on the same page. But that doesn't make it true. One has to look no further than WMD's, Pat Tillman, and Jessica Lynch to see that our government does distribute propaganda at times. *gasp*

Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #65
john21031

Drives: '10 Fit Sport MT and 2012 Fit
I don't believe there is even such figure as Bin Laden... It's called a scape goat (justification for Americans to sponsor the military-industrial complex).
john21031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #66
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by john21031 View Post
I don't believe there is even such figure as Bin Laden... It's called a scape goat (justification for Americans to sponsor the military-industrial complex).
Not quite - it's justification for Congress to steal our taxes to sponsor the M-I complex. I don't sponsor it willingly myself....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #67
STC
"LibertyRides!"

^ +1