Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #55
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
I wasn't going to use one of your quotes, but I gues I will.

As best as I can remember, and adjusted for current topic...

"I need mileage logs for 3 tanks, using the radio, and 3 logs without the use of the radio, or your findings are meaningless"

You can do that if you like, but I've got better things to worry about than saving a few cents per year, as in not using the blower for the next 60 years.
*sigh* You... just... don't... get it.

You cannot get 3 tanks of data without using the headlights or blinkers (I know some people never use their blinkers but I always do) so the usual testing method cannot apply. Nor can you ride down the road with the hood up and with a stupid friend sitting in the engine bay with a voltmeter hooked to the battery.

The best possible test that can be performed is with an SGII and that is what I did for you despite your antagonistic and manner-less attitude. I have gone out of my way for you and now I am done with you.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.

Last edited by BailOut; 03-13-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #56
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
*sigh* You... just... don't... get it.

You cannot get 3 tanks of data without using the headlights or blinkers (I know some people never use their blinkers but I always do) so the usual testing method cannot apply. Nor can you ride down the road with the hood up and with a stupid friend sitting in the engine bay with a voltmeter hooked to the battery.

The best possible test that can be performed is with an SGII and that is what I did for you despite your antagonistic and manner-less attitude. I have gone out of my way for you and now I am done with you.
You've just got double standards and you haven't proven a thing. You're telling me that you can't do w/o ANY one single electrical load long enough to get the 6 tank average that you demand of others?

I don't know, since this is a thread about the heater...I think I could go long enough w/o using the heater if I was compulsive geek enough about it. BUT since your last posting was about the use of the radio I know that it's the ONE electrical load that certainly could be switched off long enough to run 6 tests. You say it causes extra fuel consumption, prove it expert. Is that too much to ask in a fuel economy forum that's based on so much testing and results?

And to get my quote right, I didn't mention a thing about testing headlights and blinkers...

"I need mileage logs for 3 tanks, using the radio, and 3 logs without the use of the radio, or your findings are meaningless"

Bye, BailOut

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #57
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
*sigh* I have to admit that you are wonderful at trolling. I only wish you would use that energy for something positive. I bet you could do some neat things if you put your mind to it.

There is no double standard here as a 6 tank test is simply not required to prove what we already know is true. 6 tank tests are only needed for for working with unknown factors. You asked for some numbers and so, even though I thought it was rather silly to do so, I went out of my way and got some for you. If you would like a more extensive test then feel free to do it yourself.

It doesn't matter what electrical device you wish me to go without for a 6 tank test because it is simply not my responsibility to satisfy your curiosity to that level regarding something that we already know. That responsibility is your own.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #58
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Not trolling, asking for actual proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
*sigh* I have to admit that you are wonderful at trolling. I only wish you would use that energy for something positive. I bet you could do some neat things if you put your mind to it.

There is no double standard here as a 6 tank test is simply not required to prove what we already know is true. 6 tank tests are only needed for for working with unknown factors. You asked for some numbers and so, even though I thought it was rather silly to do so, I went out of my way and got some for you. If you would like a more extensive test then feel free to do it yourself.

It doesn't matter what electrical device you wish me to go without for a 6 tank test because it is simply not my responsibility to satisfy your curiosity to that level regarding something that we already know. That responsibility is your own.
OP: Does it use more fuel?

You: Yes, using the heater and fan does use more fuel.

You just make statements then admit that you refuse to back them up with a 6 tank mileage log test?

"6 tank tests are only needed for for working with unknown factors."

Exactly. "unknown factors" equals statements about things like radios burning more fuel w/o even a single 6 tank test ever being done to back up one of those radio, turn signal, auto-dimming mirror, etc theories...??

Boy, I sure stepped in it when I asked you to provide actual proof that these things burn more fuel, didn't I? What you really provided was proof that your charging system was working properly, not how much of an actual hit you were taking at the gas pump. I don't want to be overly obsessive about everything from using backup lights to honking the horn and how many cents it will cost me, so I'll move on and leave you to yourself.

I'm done...and that means I won't come right back to this thread like you just did after claiming to be done. No proof was good enough for me.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 03-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #59
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I'm sorry guys but this thread has turned to plain old bickering on semantics... gonna close it before it gets any worse.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread