Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #865
brotan1x
The Mobile Computer Tech

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Joining a forum was on my list of things to do..

I have been forum hopping for years.. mostly for support questions on various products (games, computers networking, barbeque secrets.. etc)

It is my belief that no matter the problem you are having.. Somebody has had it and solved it... Sometimes the hardest questions are already answered and if not you can always ask the community.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin (1937 - 2008)
brotan1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #866
bigbang

Drives: Yaris sedan 2009
Hi
bigbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #867
thamasha69

Drives: 4Runner
Hi, first post here. I will hopefully be the owner of Yaris shortly. Having owned 7 cars in the past 8 years, I feel I have grown up a lot and my tastes have changed. I need something practical, not as prone to theft as the several Hondas I've owned, reliable, and fun. Lurking on this forum has opened my eyes/mind to considering and now wanting one of these cars.

I have always liked the styling of the vehicle, and am quite intrigued by the aftermarket. My current dd is a '00 Civic hatchback with an Apex'i/custom turbo setup we built in '05....the car has been broken into twice and hit by a drunk driver. I pretty much gave up on cars for a while, but now having since graduated college and forging a career, I would like a new car (project )

The plan is to patiently wait for the right car to come along (hatchback) and purchase the Blitz supercharger. I am quite intrigued by the PE kit in the for sale forum, and would jump on that opportunity, but am somewhat apprehensive as there is not much support/troubleshooting that I have found. I do however prefer the centrifugal supercharger in the PE kit to the roots type, but don't feel I have enough experience to tackle a project such as that.

Anyway, sorry to rant. Just wanted to give a little background and continue to learn a lot on this forum.
thamasha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #868
redrider
I've made a post!

Drives: 09 yaris
We got a 3dr Hatch on a "cash for clunkers" deal. The first tankfull gave 40.5mpg. Not bad since it is much peppier than I thought it would be. My wife drives it to work (50mi each way). Only problem was a buzz in the R speaker. The dealer replaced it - no problem.
redrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #869
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by etheliters View Post
Howdy. H town here. 07 LB . Blacked out tails myself. Broadway friggin mirror. Not into rice, but learning to speak JDM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obxcassandra View Post
Hi there, I just purchased a 2009 Yaris 5dr HB. Thought I'd say hello from the OBX here in NC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick63 View Post
Actually, we bought it on Saturday but just found this site. The new baby is a 2009 3dr liftback in Meteorite Metallic with a 5 speed manual and power package! Me and the wife look forward to talking with ya!

rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackw View Post
Checking in--
Took delivery of a 3 ddr HB 4 days ago and am looking forward to the new car experience. The federal cash for clunkers program got me into the Yaris, I traded in an old work van. However the Yaris will be replacing my 98 Metro which has been my commute car for years.

The Metro will be a hard act for the Yaris to follow, but I believe it will do well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
Hey peeps... 09 Black Sand Pearl with Dark Charcoal Sedan here... 1 week old and loving it! I'll be looking for some mods here soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimek View Post
just bought an 09 3 door hatch 5 speed. pretty basic. radio air rear window package and thats about it.
its meteorite metallic i wish i got black though but it was the last one at any dealership around here fortunately i know a toyota dealer GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotan1x View Post
I guess I am fresh meat as well?
Hello folks... NEW HERE!

I just bought a 08 Yaris.. and here is why..

I am a field tech for a rather large financial company. It sometimes requires me to drive 100 to 250 miles in a single day (typically DFW and the surrounding cities) Needless to say driving is a BIG portion of my day. This is the reason why there were 219K miles on the car. You see, the wife and I swapped our cars in 06 when I moved my office from the cube to a car. There were 147Kmiles on it when I started driving it. Thank goodness all those miles are a tax write off. Since it was paid for, and it still got 25MPG I was fine.. No AC pealed it though. Finally got tired of driving the Texas heat with no AC. (2 years of perspiration caked in the seat back of my old 98 Altima to show for it) That car had over 219K miles on it.. went through 3 sets of tires in 3 years, replaces all kinds of parts.. Finally it came time to put the car to rest. The repair bill was gonna cost me alot! (AC replacment, replacing the brake system and several other parts..)

So 3 weeks ago I cleaned out the old bucket of bolts and drove to Carmax. We picked up a Black 2008 Toyota Yaris liftback with a little under 25K miles. Best money I ever spent.. (or am spending)

I have only had to fill the tank 3 times so far.. (granted its been a slow 2 weeks for work) I have figured up I am getting 37MPG on the highway. Since my company reemburses a certain amount of money back per mile(as regulated by the IRS) I am able to pay the car payment/insurance/gas/maintenance and still pocket 20% of the return. I must say its alot nicer when you have no car payment but... I can't have everything right

One more thing. I am 6'6 and I have head room! I have leg room!.. The car is just slightly bigger than a golf cart!.. and I am saving a ton of money. Its small.. And my family sings the clown song when they seem me get in and out of it.. (you the one that you might imagine hearing while watching a bunch of clowns getting in or out of a VW BUG)
Best car I have purchased thus far..(no matter how funny I may look driving it)

I saw a couple of discussions/mention of hypermiling and decided to look it up.. I am wondering if I can save anymore by following the suggestions on that site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by posaunemeister View Post
Hello all,

Tomorrow, I will purchase a 5-speed '08 Yaris 'S' 3dr Liftback in metallic meteorite. I don't even know how to drive a stick yet, but I'm sure I will learn in no time. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneeezy View Post
My friends laughed at me when I told them I joined a Yaris forum ): But I gotta love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbang View Post
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamasha69 View Post
Hi, first post here. I will hopefully be the owner of Yaris shortly. Having owned 7 cars in the past 8 years, I feel I have grown up a lot and my tastes have changed. I need something practical, not as prone to theft as the several Hondas I've owned, reliable, and fun. Lurking on this forum has opened my eyes/mind to considering and now wanting one of these cars.

I have always liked the styling of the vehicle, and am quite intrigued by the aftermarket. My current dd is a '00 Civic hatchback with an Apex'i/custom turbo setup we built in '05....the car has been broken into twice and hit by a drunk driver. I pretty much gave up on cars for a while, but now having since graduated college and forging a career, I would like a new car (project )

The plan is to patiently wait for the right car to come along (hatchback) and purchase the Blitz supercharger. I am quite intrigued by the PE kit in the for sale forum, and would jump on that opportunity, but am somewhat apprehensive as there is not much support/troubleshooting that I have found. I do however prefer the centrifugal supercharger in the PE kit to the roots type, but don't feel I have enough experience to tackle a project such as that.

Anyway, sorry to rant. Just wanted to give a little background and continue to learn a lot on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider View Post
We got a 3dr Hatch on a "cash for clunkers" deal. The first tankfull gave 40.5mpg. Not bad since it is much peppier than I thought it would be. My wife drives it to work (50mi each way). Only problem was a buzz in the R speaker. The dealer replaced it - no problem.
probably said this before to you all, but....
"WELCOME"
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #870
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
Welcome to the Thunder Dome!

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
jclo3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #871
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
welcome everyone!
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #872
Toyo Chris

Drives: Yaris HB
Hello to all, I'm new here too
Toyo Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #873
Yariswhite09

Drives: Toyota yaris 5 door polarwhite
wazzup!
Yariswhite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #874
katchkillah
Lost

Drives: Toyota ist
just checking in, soon to be into the yaris world. lol. was originally looking at venza but after peeping (i believe 808yaris) at our local car show this weekend i've decided to try and persuade the wife into a yaris 5-dr. lol good to see an active community, got so much to catch up on reading.
katchkillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #875
pausespace
Yo.

Drives: 2010 Yaris Liftback
Hey everyone!

Just bought a 2010 Yaris Liftback last night and I'm super excited. After getting rear-ended in my previous car (1996 Nissan 200SX) and having insurance telling me it was a complete loss I began the search for a compact car. I test drove the Honda Fit, smart car fortwo, Nissan Versa and Nissan Cube but liked the Yaris the best.

Looking forward to learning about my new car from you guys!
pausespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #876
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
congrats!!
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #877
Yariscrazy

Drives: soon to be ;2010, 4dr hatch
HELLO EVERYONE !

Im not a Yaris owner yet, but Im hoping to buy one as soon as the 2010's hit the showrooms . Im located on Long Island, ny .(suffolk county) I read that the 2010's have stability and tracking -control as standard. and the price will only be 150. more !
My fav colors are; jade , blazing blue pearl, and red (carmine red).
Does anyone know when they will start arriving in stock ? I cant get an answer from any of my local dealerships . Thats probably because they want to sell out of their remaining stock of 2009 corollas and camrys first.
Yariscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #878
Yariscrazy

HI , NEWBIE HERE AGAIN, I was wondering if anyone knew if the front shape of the Yaris will be different for 2010. I thought I saw a pic of a new one on another site , and the front end looked alittle pointy- compaired to the 09.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #879
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
Yeah the nose comes up a little more to a point. It looks a little more sleek. Less round.
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #880
chongopants
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to chongopants Send a message via MSN to chongopants
Meet up at my place on OCT 17 btw, its on calendar and there is a post under SW Region.

ALL ARE WELCOME!
chongopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #881
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
welcome to all the new members! I haven't checked this thread in a while, lots of activity.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #882
Yariscrazy

'YARISBUELLER"love your name, very imaginative. great movie !