Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #73
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac View Post
So as far as meeting up on the way... I think I'm gonna stay in a hotel in Indianapolis on Friday night, so if someone wants to meet there saturday morning and caravan the rest of the way to Dayton, LMK!
sounds like a plan! anybody else in the area(or just passing thru) want to head out with us?
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #74
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I would but its out of my way or I think so
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:21 AM   #75
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmobile View Post
Oh dose anybody got a camera they're bringin' or could(stupid question I know)? How would anybody like my number incase you lost or anything?
I'm bringin' a camera for sure, and I'm sure other guys are.... Sent ya a PM for the phone number.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #76
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
So we got:

Yarii

2-Polar White(maybe)
2-Blazing Blue
2-Black(one of each)
3-Meteorite Metallic

did I miss anybody or get a color wrong?
================================================
Mustangs

1-Screaming Yellow GT

Coming down to Wright Pat. AFB/Museum if I got it all right..........think I did

suggestions always welcome

Last edited by Qmobile; 08-18-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Thanks toad!!!
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #77
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
just bringing the liftback - which is polar white, by the way
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #78
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
My Mom is considering being my co-driver for the trip. She is worried that I have not fully gotten over the MI I had 17 months ago. Given my allergy to perfumed products, all it takes for me to have to avoid the group is someone wearing too much aftershave.

To the guy with the sedan, stay home. A group photo of nothing but Yaris liftbacks would look wild. (Just kidding, just park a little off to the side. ).
ellenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #79
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
I'll be sure to put my Mustang right in the middle to disrupt the pics :p
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #80
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Yeah ill put my sedan right in the middle to mess the pic at least its a yaris ^ you have a Mustang lol so thats a little more wierd hehehe. still love for all car lovers idc what kinda of car it is i like all cars
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #81
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
well it's like this the first meet Mr.GT had a Protege........import yes.............lil closer than a 'stang to a yarii

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #82
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthunder View Post
I'll be sure to put my Mustang right in the middle to disrupt the pics :p
With all the Yarises with tow hooks already installed, we should be able to move some thing as ugly, so sorry un-Japanese, as a Mustang.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:32 PM   #83
N2scouting

Drives: 2009 3DHB manual Black
Location, Location, Location

The parking lot at the National museum of the United States Air Force is pretty big. Do you have a certain location in the lot we are going to meet in? May I suggest meeting in the shelter at the South West corner of the Memorial area. Then we could decide where to park all the cars together. I have attached a link to an aerial view of the parking lot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=39.778727,-84.113678&spn=0.002836,0.006958&t=h&z=18>

Also, what is the address of the Sbarros we are going to? Thanks for the info.
N2scouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #84
2009BBPliftback

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB in Blazing blue
Send a message via AIM to 2009BBPliftback
I'm going to be staying at a hotel in Dayton on Friday if anyone is interested in meeting up on Friday send me a PM! Why does posting from my blackberry have to be so difficult

Last edited by 2009BBPliftback; 08-19-2009 at 05:44 PM.
2009BBPliftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 AM   #85
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Sbarro's address- 2727 N Fairfield Rd, Dayton, OH‎

I'm also going to update the list. Sorry for counting you twice Jumpman

Oh, I'd be down for tying all the Yarii to the rear of my car and having a tug of war. Bet you all a thousand bucks I would win too :P
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:23 AM   #86
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
I would take that bet

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #87
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Which parking lot?

I got the address 1100 Spaatz Rd, Dayton, OH from the Internet as the address of the USAF museum. Photo (VIA Microsoft, VIA USGS) shows this address is near one of the three parking lots at the USAF museum. Right turn Clyde. 2 rights from 1100 Spaatz Rd and you are at this parking lot. ssuming that this address is correct and the USAF lets us drive to that address, and the parking lot is accessable to us civilians, how about using the back of this parking lot for the group meet?
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #88
N2scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenbetty View Post
I got the address 1100 Spaatz Rd, Dayton, OH from the Internet as the address of the USAF museum. Photo (VIA Microsoft, VIA USGS) shows this address is near one of the three parking lots at the USAF museum. Right turn Clyde. 2 rights from 1100 Spaatz Rd and you are at this parking lot. ssuming that this address is correct and the USAF lets us drive to that address, and the parking lot is accessable to us civilians, how about using the back of this parking lot for the group meet?
Please reference my location, location, location post. The area you have marked is not a parking lot. The opposite end of the museum has a gazebo type shelter we can use a reference/meeting point.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #89
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

I did read all the posts. Rather vague directions from my point of view. I was living in Maryland 18 months ago. I have been to Dayton just once in my life using my navigation system. Nothing in the directions posted stuck in my mind as a usable address that can be fed into a navigation system.

The location marked in the over head photo by the driving direction software is 1100 Spaatz Rd. I do not remember any one giving a different address to enter in to a navigation system to get to the USAF museum. The parking lot I am talking about is 2 right turns from 1100 Spaatz Rd. You need to re-read my post. You can see several vehicles parked at the parking lot, 2 right turns from 1100 Spaatz Rd.

The gazebo type shelter you are taking about I cannot identify from the over head photo. I cannot even guess from satellite photos where this gazebo type shelter is.

Plus I think the idea of trying to find a empty parking lot at Wright State University for the photo op is a bad idea. Too vague a location for any one not living in Dayton to find.

The reason I am suggesting the far end of the third USAF museum parking lot is that the far end of the parking lot is empty in the satellite photos. If empty on Saturday, it would make a good location for the vehicles to park together.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #90
N2scouting

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/visit/directions.asp

To all members attending the meet. Please see the above site for driving directions. please use the google maps sat view to see the gazebo at the SW corner of the museum memorial park.