Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #91
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
P.S. gnome...we'll be headed to the track again soon, possibly as early as this coming friday, if you are interested. I know it's short notice, will try and give you more of a heads up next time.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:44 AM   #92
H3LlIoN

Don't know what to tell you. The toyottech I am talking to is a very close friend of mine, so he will tell me the truth instead of the normal legal answer. I asked him if he had tuning abilities, and he said that he honestly didn't know. He said that some toyotas give have adjust-ability and that he could do in shop, and others can't. Only way to find out is to plug in and try, so that's what they doing. Will know more after but, if this works, I highly doubt you are going to be able to walk in to any toyo dealer and ask for this without some kind of special relationship.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #93
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
you forgot the other steps at the end.

ECU Tune
dyno again

check out www.car-part.com for junkyard listings of the parts you need. I am sure you'd find it there for fairly cheap
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #94
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

Drives: 07Liftback/07sedanS
I was reading through this TS-SS002-07(TECHSTREAM ECU FLASH REPROGRAMMING PROCEDURE) and Im lead to believe Camell might be correct.

Mods: K&N filter, Megan Coilovers, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Sun tachometer, Window Tint.
GnomeBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #95
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

I keep hopeing someone will develope something similar to this solution for the tC

Now granted, it would be about as expensive as a standalone, but I think it would keep it street-legal atleast.

Mods: K&N filter, Megan Coilovers, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Sun tachometer, Window Tint.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #96
H3LlIoN

I keep forgetting all of you guys are worried about "street legal." Not sure why, Gnome, they don't hook our ECUs up here in VA. Anyway, Dezod (half the design team on that ECU) is pretty active in the 1NZ xB community, so I wouldn't be surprised if something rolls out from them. I'll pm a couple people and see what I can find out. Regarding the techstream info, I've already posted my thoughts on the issue...I won't further speculate until I get in to the shop and have actual info to comment on.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #97
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

^^^lol your kidding me right?!?!

I've never actually bothered to watch them do my state inspection so I wasnt sure... well damn, If thats the case than maybe their's a standalone in my future after all.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #98
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
CTScott has a Techstream. It is not programable, he has tried. Techstream is only meant to reflash the ECU via Toyota TSB's. The reflash cannot be customized. That being said I still want you H3LlIon to try what you can to find a solution. A week ago I found out about the Techstream Lite & spoke to Techstream in detail about this issue.

As for the Dezod in Line ECU, a week ago I spoke to both Paul from Dezod & Allan from APR about their unit. They have no intention to make a unit for the Yaris, it is not financially feasible for them. But Paul did say that if I do the leg work in getting some technical specs on the Yaris ECU, he might change his mind. Iv have been working on that for him.

The issue is going to be the cost which will be in the $1800-$2000 price range or more. Now I know thats alot of $$$$ & it is not for everyone. This is not going to be for the N/A guy. This is a unit that will be for turbo or S/C. It will be comparable to a AEM EMS. It would be 100% better than a AEM FIC or Emanage. It would be a plug and play unit.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #99
cdydjded

Also let me add that Dezod has their unit working on the TC & they just got it to work on the xB2.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #100
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
CTScott has a Techstream. It is not programable, he has tried. Techstream is only meant to reflash the ECU via Toyota TSB's. The reflash cannot be customized. That being said I still want you H3LlIon to try what you can to find a solution. A week ago I found out about the Techstream Lite & spoke to Techstream in detail about this issue.

As for the Dezod in Line ECU, a week ago I spoke to both Paul from Dezod & Allan from APR about their unit. They have no intention to make a unit for the Yaris, it is not financially feasible for them. But Paul did say that if I do the leg work in getting some technical specs on the Yaris ECU, he might change his mind. Iv have been working on that for him.

The issue is going to be the cost which will be in the $1800-$2000 price range or more. Now I know thats alot of $$$$ & it is not for everyone. This is not going to be for the N/A guy. This is a unit that will be for turbo or S/C. It will be comparable to a AEM EMS. It would be 100% better than a AEM FIC or Emanage. It would be a plug and play unit.

I've been through his threads, I can't find anywhere where he has done a type up on his experimentation on the techstream, if he does have it. Why has he not mentioned? Also, unless he is with toyota, he most likely does not have access to TIS. Again, dude @ toyota said that some parameters are able to be changed, it depends on the vehicle. CTScott might have tried it, but I'm more of a "find out for myself" kind of guy. I got the techstream diagnostic cable already, hoping to get in this saturday and see what we're working with. As for Dezod, what kind of leg work is needed? PM me with specifics and I can see what I or my buddy @ Toyota can provide.

Oh and I love how you automatically assume that us N/A guys won't touch for that price. Also, from what I read, it is way easier to set up than EMS or comparable, since it uses all factory sensors.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #101
cdydjded

So since there is no threads about CTScott & a Techstream that means the BS flag immediately comes out? I dont get it. I cant speak for him, but I was not going to mention my work with Dezod until I was more advance in the project. I feel now that it would have been a better decision on my part. Im glad you are a "find out for myself" guy, I am also. Please keep on reasearching the possibilities of the Techstream.

Im not assuming, Im basing it on historical fact from this forum. Most N/A guys here want $50 headers & $25 intakes.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #102
H3LlIoN

Quote:
So since there is no threads about CTScott & a Techstream that means the BS flag immediately comes out? I dont get it. I cant speak for him, but I was not going to mention my work with Dezod until I was more advance in the project. I feel now that it would have been a better decision on my part. Im glad you are a "find out for myself" guy, I am also. Please keep on reasearching the possibilities of the Techstream.

Im not assuming, Im basing it on historical fact from this forum. Most N/A guys here want $50 headers & $25 intakes.

You misunderstood me. I wasn't calling BS at all. (I believe we actually have a BS flag avatar for that) I was just remarking that I couldn't find any discussion/conclusions from him on the subject. You misunderstood my train of thought, or perhaps my delivery was ill worded. Apologies, if the latter is the case.

Regarding the work with Dezod, my offer still stands. If there is anything that we can provide, don't hesitate to ask; I'll be glad to help.

Also, $50 headers and $25 intakes are characteristic of bolt-on weekend drivers, not N/A guys. I'm basing that on 10 years spent in and around N/A teams, who spend two and three times what you would spend on FI to get [hopefully] the same power gains.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #103
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
bolt-on weekend drivers, not N/A guys
I am quite sure he meant those to be synonymous.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #104
cdydjded

No need for apologies, all is good. Thanks for the offer on the help, Ill keep you in mind for anything I cant figure out.

There are two spectrums of N/A, people here will never be like the one you spent time around.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #105
H3LlIoN

Quote:
There are two spectrums of N/A, people here will never be like the one you spent time around.

Haha I'm hoping to change all that with this thread.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #106
cdydjded

You & me both!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #107
H3LlIoN

So...I got an email from Bill today asking me to confirm my shipping address so...hopefully that means this isn't much longer. In the meantime, here are the baselines, stock config all in one place:

98.93 hp
100.55 tq
16.64 1/4 mile E.T.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #108
The Spectacle

Drives: 08 BSP LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
Yup yup. I got in touch with Bill last night...he is busy whitling away at my head and cams. He expects that they will be shipped back out and headed my way by the end of next week. In the meantime, I have been trying to track down the xB gas pedal assembly, linkage and tb whip but, as of yet, have been unsuccessful. I might just end up ordering these through my contact at toyota. I have also been in touch with my tuner, and he is expecting me in approx two weeks time to get the cams dyno'd all by themselves. I am also working on getting a spot in the toyota bay this coming weekend so that I can plug me car in to the TSI techstream with the hopes of determining what ECU adjustments are available via the actual toyo channels. At the moment, my car is limping around in stock form as car parts galour adorn my spare room.

And for anyone curious as to what this is involving, and why there is a "donate" link in my sig,

return car to stock (done)
dyno (done)
pull engine
install cams
reinstall engine
dyno
pull engine
install head/pulleys/tb/whatever else I want
Reinstall engine
dyno.

Again, you're welcome. Now donate! :-P
What gains are you expecting to make?