Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #109
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Are you sure that's not the string you pull to make it go?
Outterhere needs to be outterhere !
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #110
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Outterhere needs to be outterhere !
No, but... Am I supposed to pay another $1000 to have a TOW ROPE inserted into that hole? Seriously... Is this because I can plan on having to HAVE it towed??? Hope not...

But I might be willing to pay a little to have my car LOWERED, although I resent having to; my elderly mother practically needs a stepladder to get into the passenger seat. How does one go about lowering the Yaris? Thx...

otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #111
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
No, but... Am I supposed to pay another $1000 to have a TOW ROPE inserted into that hole? Seriously... Is this because I can plan on having to HAVE it towed??? Hope not...
The car comes with a tow hook that is in the trunk/hatch.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #112
otterhere

So you punch out that hole? I must say, that makes it look almost like a toy car kit...

Now, on to lowering the Yaris...
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #113
33OH

You can take the hole out by using your fingernail or a small screwdriver.

Lowering any car makes the ride extremely harsh, especially for an elderly lady. I wouldn't plan to lower it unless you're looking to break her back during the drive.

Most people lower a car to stiffen the suspension for better handling, not for transporting the elderly.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #114
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
Most people lower a car to stiffen the suspension for better handling, not for transporting the elderly.
Hey! I resemble that remark! Actually, I love the Yaris BECAUSE it has some height. I have to "roll" out of the wife's Passat coz it's too frikking low and the windshield slopes too much, whereas the Yaris just lets ms me get out normally. Yet another reason to love the car.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #115
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark! Actually, I love the Yaris BECAUSE it has some height. I have to "roll" out of the wife's Passat coz it's too frikking low and the windshield slopes too much, whereas the Yaris just lets ms me get out normally. Yet another reason to love the car.
I didn't mean it like that. Otterhere wants to lower the car for her elderly mother to get in easier. They don't make "Soft lowering springs" for that. They are "performance" lowering springs, that make the ride stiffer.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #116
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
airbag suspension, nuff said

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #117
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
airbag suspension, nuff said
Oooh yeah.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #118
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
I didn't mean it like that.
I know.....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #119
33OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
I know.....
Okay good.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #120
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:

But I might be willing to pay a little to have my car LOWERED, although I resent having to; my elderly mother practically needs a stepladder to get into the passenger seat. How does one go about lowering the Yaris? Thx...

I wouldn't do it if I were you, the car is fine where it is. But if your Mom rides with you all the time, perhaps you need to change the seat and get one with adjustable height?

Actually that's one thing I wouldn't mine for doing for myself if I drove the car more than I do now. I find the seating position a bit high.

tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #121
Forrest

Quote:
.. my elderly mother practically needs a stepladder to get into the passenger seat. How does one go about lowering the Yaris? Thx...

A stepladder????? to get into this little car? It is low as it is. Go and get your Swift back and stop your complaining.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #122
Forrest

Perhaps the moderators need to seriously look into this 'otterhere' poster.

Last edited by Forrest; 02-24-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #123
otterhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Perhaps the moderators need to seriously look into this 'otterhere' poster.
Maybe they need to look into YOU, dude; you're the one doing the flaming, insulting, and harrassing here. I'm a "spoiled brat" because I find some things on this car disappointing? A bit over the top there. If you don't like the posts, stop reading them. And definitely stop with the abuse. Moderator?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #124
Forrest

Outterhere, You apparently are getting your threads mixed up as I never called you a spoiled brat. That was posted by SailDesign in other thread that you have been posting Yaris complaints in.... as you can read other posting below. I agree with you on one point to 'stop reading your posts'. This is a great forum for the Yaris, helpful to many and enjoyable to read by many of us, but rest assured, your posts will be ignored.

The other post: Originally Posted by SailDesign
Otterhere, did you actually drive or play with a Yaris before you bought one, or did you just order it online sight unseen? Your attitude says "Spoiled Brat" so frikkin' loud I'm deafened. If the car is "unacceptable" as new, then what does that say about you as a purchaser? It says you did no research, did not look at the car AT ALL, and have a bad habit of blaming everyone else for the fact that you bought something you didn't like.
Toughen up, get over yourself.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #125
the_boss

Drives: 07 YARIS HATCH 5 DOOR
Send a message via MSN to the_boss
sorry to bring it back but GOSH 3 Gallon of milk on the passenger seat and here goes the beeping...75 FREAKING BEEPS!!!!!

wow....I need to put them on the backseat in the kids car seat!
the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #126
blktiger60

Drives: `08 HB S
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_boss View Post
sorry to bring it back but GOSH 3 Gallon of milk on the passenger seat and here goes the beeping...75 FREAKING BEEPS!!!!!

wow....I need to put them on the backseat in the kids car seat!
Bring your car over and I'll make sure you never hear another beep out of it again.
I changed out my amber LED's for blue ones and while I was in there I disabled the peizo buzzer.
Attached Images