Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #127
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
I don't have gt5 yet... (or a ps3 for that matter) but I can kick major butt with the turbo Yaris on the PSP version of GT, and the racing line is always incorrect for the Yaris. I can almost always take corners shallower than the line says... it's what makes the Yaris so competitive.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #128
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Grinding for Money

If you like to "grind" for money I think I've found a pretty good setup (so far) for me. I'm level 17 so not sure if there are better ways higher up. I've won a Veyron from somewhere, I think it was for all gold on the professional series, or something like that. Anyway, I added soft slicks to it, adjustable suspension, fully lightened up, and added the ECU tuning (not sure why that was left off). I'm thinking those are the only things I did to it. Anyway, then there's the "High Speed Ring" in the Turbo Series in expert. Best I've done it so far was 3:14.1 and it gets you 50k credits. So about 4 minutes total for startup and restart each time for 50k. (I forgot to mention there's no competition form the other cars and the turns are mostly wide slow turns so zero stress)

Anyone found a quicker way to grind for money? I must have spent close to an hour and a half last night just doing that.

I wish there was a race like there was in GT2 where you won a 250,000 credit car each time you raced it and it was cake to win if you had (I think) the pikes peak car.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #129
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
I use a well tuned GT-R or Z in the Japanese Series Races under Expert. It's lvl 18. Only 44,000 per race but if you put in the time and do the whole series you also get like 244,000 at the end with Gold.

And I also use the Bugatti for the European Series Races under the Extreme Series. Those are lvl 22 races. 5 lap races and 99,000 credits for gold on each. There's 3 tracks but my favorite one to do is the Monza track.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #130
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
I use a well tuned GT-R or Z in the Japanese Series Races under Expert. It's lvl 18. Only 44,000 per race but if you put in the time and do the whole series you also get like 244,000 at the end with Gold.

And I also use the Bugatti for the European Series Races under the Extreme Series. Those are lvl 22 races. 5 lap races and 99,000 credits for gold on each. There's 3 tracks but my favorite one to do is the Monza track.
I do the Rome race it takes five minutes.A quick 99,000 credits.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #131
frownonfun

I like the Rome track also but I certainly don't get it in five minutes. And then there's the Deep Forest track... lol... it's pretty ugly watching me trying to maneuver the Veyron through that curvy bastard.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #132
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

OK, what am I missing about the historic race car series in Expert? I bought the old ferrari and spent over 200k maxing it out and they blow me away. I buy a lambo couchie (countach), max it out, and still get blown away. They simply just pull away like I'm standing still.

I know it has to be more than its the deep forest track and its the #1 most hated race track by me.

Who's done it and how?
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #133
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Yah, I goggled it yesterday and found some settings to use on the couchi that gives it about 1/4 of a chance but I still couldn't keep the thing on the road.

Most of what I read said to win "Like the Wind" in B-Spec to win a "Toyota 7" and then try it. Its still hard but manageable.

I still haven't even touched B-Spec yet.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #134
frownonfun

B-Spec has got to be the most retarded portion of any game that I've ever played. I don't understand what the point of it is. Other than easy money and more free cars. If they were going for some type of "career mode" aspect they most certainly failed.

pace down. pace up. pace up. pace down. overtake. mind numbing doesn't even begin to describe it.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #135
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
OK, what am I missing about the historic race car series in Expert? I bought the old ferrari and spent over 200k maxing it out and they blow me away. I buy a lambo couchie (countach), max it out, and still get blown away. They simply just pull away like I'm standing still.

I know it has to be more than its the deep forest track and its the #1 most hated race track by me.

Who's done it and how?
Not missing anything is just pretty damn hard tring to win with a "stock" style car against full out race cars . I got the old ferrari with every single modd done to it. I spent about an hour tweeking the settings and more important the overall gear ratios and was able to woop it up on the cote de azure track and so far I've been able to place 2nd at deep forest with it . Its do-able but really all in the car set-up/driving options Imo .
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:02 AM   #136
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Woot I get my copy on the 11th!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #137
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
So I decided a few nights ago that it would be a good idea to race an enduro starting at 12AM. It was the Grand Valley race. 2 solid hours later I had my whole 160,000-somethin' credits and a whopping 150,000 points!!!!. I thought the race would have been faster, but averaging 1'52" a lap I miscalculated. I though I'd be able to switch to B-Spec mode throwout the race, like in GT3, or was it GT4. Oh well, maybe it has something to do with my B-Spec only at level 10 and the enduro is at level 25.

Astroman, you got GT5 yet?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #138
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
lol yes I do! I just logged in to post here so it's funny you asked me.

Haven't gotten to play yet though, watched the girlfriend do one of the tests in the Vitz RS
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #139
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
Just got my new HKS controller. I just need to get used to it.

The number in the middle of the controller changes depending on the throttle position.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #140
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
wow i want one! how much and where tell me TELL ME if you value your life.......j/k but please tell
http://hksusa.com/products/?id=3922

The only thing I don't like about it is that its not wireless. It works well on the drifting events but the actual races will take some getting used to.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #141
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I ordered a Logitech Driving Force GT Steering wheel this week, as one of my biggest issues (believe me, there's more than one), is throttle control. I can't get the feel for anything between 0 and 100% with the standard controllers.

The HKS controller looks like a lot more practical space-wise.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #142
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
cool thanks a bunch. btw the left nipple thingy thats the steering right?
Correct. Also forgot to mention that the controller has the vibrate function.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #143
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

I saw one of those HKS controllers at GameStop the other day and looked at it. It just looked so foreign to me I just put it back. You'll have to give us a full run down on it after you use it for a while!

PS> I don't care much for B-Spec either, but its something to do since I'm kinda stuck in A-spec right now and needed something different.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #144
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
Ok, so the official date has finally been set in stone according to Sony. Wednesday Nov 24, 2010.

Who plays? I'll have my collectors edition copy the day it comes out. I think my screen name is the same as on here, or it's just Bluevitz, haha, I can't remember.

I here we'll be able to setup private races and such, so maybe we can keep this thread going for all of those wishing to start a race on a certain date on a certain track with a certain car... blah blah blah. It'll be awesome!

Member = PSN screen name

Bluevitz-RS = BLUEVITZrs
Slothman86 = Slothman86
shakurov = Rushtech
kou = ketabchi
.Kevin. = nalgasaurio
PK198105 = Yaris8T0
frownonfun = frownonfun
YamilR = yamilr
enviri = xienji
JBougie = Jinni_Lynn
astroman = astroman87