Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #127
turboecho2005

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Prior to this build I had a Greddy turbo kit 14G and maxed out at 228hp. What I am showing you now is all new and I have not tuned it yet. I'm waiting on a head from Gude to finalize the motor build. As far as how much coin is in this build, I've lost track but my wife hasn't. I think total which includes the car and everthing I've done inside and out around 65k. Nothing on this car has gone untouched. I think the VIN# is still the same though. Here is a pic of the brake system with my old AXIS wheels on. Front and rear 13" full floater race kits.
Jesus man... hope you realized that you put all that money into the wrong type of car... You could be driving a LS6 corvette with 1000hp...

1987 Nissan Maxima - 40,000 original miles - Slammed
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo - approx 250hp - Winter Beater
1989 Isuzu Imark RS - Mint Condition - 0 rust - 100% factory :) - Summer Cruiser - 100% restored
1986 VW Jetta Wolfsburg - 120,000km - Mint condition. TDI swap in progress
turboecho2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #128
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Quote:
That is the Mustang Dyno....The king of real numbers. And yes we thought all was good with the head, the clearences were good and all appeared to be in good shape. There were a coiple of things that we didn't like but not enough to deture us from trying it. My biggest fault is not getting a compression check after the install of it, before I took it to Rolo at CFT to tune. But lesson learned, rolo caught it and is fixing it as we speak. Here are some old pics prior to this build. I didn't post them because they are irrelevant to how it will look now.

XBG
right on, eff fake numbers. Notice my sig haha! dyno dynamics and mustang dynos are realistic (wo correction). We dynod a stock tC2 to get a baseline before we did a turbo kit and it did 158whp, a dynapack read 205whp.... higher than factory rated at crank....wtf. I know which particular dyno it was too but im not gonna get into that.

As long as the car is tuned well thats what matters, whatever dyno it may have been on.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #129
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Yeah I know i've spent way to much on this car. But I also know I haved helped pioneer the way to new parts. And the addiction of getting more out of this car just consumed me, especially with guys that said you'll never get 200hp. So if anything I'll be remembered as the cocky ass-hole who spent to much money but also helped get the performance end of things going.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #130
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
That's strange because the local dynapack here reads way less than dynojets. However, all of these things are calibrated differently. The two dynojets here read drastically different too.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:44 AM   #131
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Yeah I know i've spent way to much on this car. But I also know I haved helped pioneer the way to new parts. And the addiction of getting more out of this car just consumed me, especially with guys that said you'll never get 200hp. So if anything I'll be remembered as the cocky ass-hole who spent to much money but also helped get the performance end of things going.

XBG
Man, you share the same opinion I do with mine. In the past 3 years building my engine, I got too much people bumping my head saying that you won't reach your goals with this engine and that I will never surpass a startlet bulit engine ( Here, the much trusted 4EFTE 1.3L engine)

Also in my country, I am the only one who dared making this thing up SO----- or I would be remembered as the cocky ass-hole who spent too much money for nothing (like XBG said) or I will be remembered as the person who tried to do something different with success.
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #132
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
I personally build my car for my own personal enjoyment. I don't think I'd want to be remembered as "the cocky asshole in the yaris" as you two put it. To each their own, I guess.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:14 PM   #133
xbgod
Banned

Unfortunately when you spend an ass-load of money and do things others can't do. You sometimes get the, "I'd of bought this kind of car" or "you could of built this with all the money you spent."

So unfortunately with guys like me that put it all out there for others to have cool things we sometimes catch the nay-sayers and haters who don't have a pot to piss in and live friday to friday.

Belive me no body wants to be rembered as the ass-hole but sometimes people rock the boat and intise MF's like me who have the money to explore.

XBG
Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #134
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Quote:
Unfortunately when you spend an ass-load of money and do things others can't do. You sometimes get the, "I'd of bought this kind of car" or "you could of built this with all the money you spent."

So unfortunately with guys like me that put it all out there for others to have cool things we sometimes catch the nay-sayers and haters who don't have a pot to piss in and live friday to friday.

Belive me no body wants to be rembered as the ass-hole but sometimes people rock the boat and intise MF's like me who have the money to explore.

XBG
I say "built , not bought" Any asshole with a good down payment and credit can pick up a gtr or vette from the local dealership, im the guy that passes those assholes on the track with my $7k car. So I am with u xbg. You may have spent a lot of $, but it is unique. Another plus is that insurance is cheap, they don't assume the box is 400whp lol.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #135
johnny_vitz

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_xa View Post
I say "built , not bought" Any asshole with a good down payment and credit can pick up a gtr or vette from the local dealership, im the guy that passes those assholes on the track with my $7k car. So I am with u xbg. You may have spent a lot of $, but it is unique. Another plus is that insurance is cheap, they don't assume the box is 400whp lol.
Well said
Old 12-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #136
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_xa View Post
Agreed!
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #137
xbgod
Banned

No new news yet. The shop has been busey and my buddy's Scion TC needed to get done before mine. (His is a daily driver so I made Rolo make sure his was done before mine) I should be ready by tues. for Dyno or wed by latest, depending on how the X-mas holiday goes.

Hope everyone has a great X-mas

XBG
Old 12-23-2010, 03:38 AM   #138
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
merry christmas
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #139
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
man i really love reading this thread, made my day! :)
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #140
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I should be ready by tues. for Dyno or wed by latest,
I think Wednesday came and went.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #141
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
hype lol
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #142
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
lol
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #143
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
I think I'd be looking for a new tuner, unless this guy really can make a car shit gold bricks.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #144
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
no no, i understand that somethings dont go as planned as a mechanic so i can only imagine the issues tuners go thru on trying to get the right tune and adjusting things accordingly. some things take longer then expected and dialing in things just right just takes time. also, its between holidays right now.. cut them a break.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote