Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #145
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post
Well if he had said "hey listen, it's gonna be a month and a half" I'd be cool with it, but he started telling me @ week three that I "should have it by the end of next week" which kinda' pissed me off.
So how's it rockin' now?
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #146
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

Drives: 07Liftback/07sedanS
I hope that H3LlIoN's lack of updates is because he lost his laptop charger and not because he's been incarcerated for the murder of a certain merchant who didn't ship the parts in a reasonable time like he had promised...

Mods: K&N filter, Megan Coilovers, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Sun tachometer, Window Tint.
GnomeBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #147
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Hey guys, this is Aras. I'm also in the process of getting a head from Bill. Here are my cam profiles.

420 grind lift
420 duration 238 on intake cam
Exaust cam 400 lift 238 duration

My head is also being O-ringed and i'm using a Cometic copper gasket.

My grind and my head are pretty extreme but I'm using full standalone so my Idle won't be a problem.

Bill has been doing racing heads for 20 years and is also a Aerospace Engineer. He is sometimes difficult to talk to mainly because he has hearing aids from racing for 40 years. Easy guy to talk to other than the hearing loss. His wife Faye runs the books and takes care of all the finances. It's a family run business so things are low key and not so industry standard. So you'll need to be paticent. your not dealing with a corporation this is a private racing company and lets face it, he's the only one doing this work for this head.

My package cost 2150.00 but mine is all out race and the O-ring head cost 400.00 extra. I'm also running a Edlebrock 70mm T/B and not his. As well as I'm running direct port nitrous with a sheet metal intake manifold.

I'll also keep you posted on my progress.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #148
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
"in the process" means you've ordered it and paid a deposit?

This should be a very nice addition to your build.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #149
xbgod
Banned

Yes it's been paid. Just a wait and see game now. I will not have mine tuned untill sometime in Nov. I've changed alot of stuff on my car so lots of things going on right now. As well as getting my appointment at CFT and Rolo to tune it; he's always slammed with work so it's my first oportunity to tune.

Two other things on my head that I didn't mention. I'm using Ferrera valves and the cams are 114 on centers.

I've done so much motor upgades, it's gonna be interesting to see the out come.

All I know is that I hope this new turbo / head upgrade pays off.

XBG
Old 09-04-2010, 11:43 PM   #150
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Well, when your neck snaps in half going WOT, due to all your upgrades, that grin you crack will be sooo worth it:D
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #151
xbgod
Banned

Here are some attachments of my engine bay as it stands right now. Pardon the mess but you get the idea. Got stuff coming and going in and out so nothing has been tightened up or wires hidden yet. This is just to give you guys an idea of what I'm doing

XBG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04454.jpg (188.3 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04456.jpg (147.8 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04457.jpg (216.1 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04455.jpg (211.8 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04453.jpg (244.8 KB, 204 views)
Old 09-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #152
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Nice setup man you should done much custom work on this!

Why don't you begin a thread regarding your setup instead of posting into other's thread?
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #153
xbgod
Banned

Suppose I could. didn't know how much posting I was going to do here but we do have one thing in common with these cars and thats the motor. I'll start a thread on this build and continue with updates on my head as they become available.

I think everyone is courious about how these heads will turn out.

XBG
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #154
sito

Drives: Toyota
Nice setup, xbgod....
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #155
xbgod
Banned

H3Llion, I see you got your head package. courious how every thing looked to you as you opened it and inspected it. Also did you choose to put the head all back together your self? or just didn't want Bill to do it?

I'm making him assemble mine so I know that all the tolorance's are correct between the cams and the buckets.

I would imagine he preassembled yours to check all that but let me how all your stuff turns out.

XBG
Old 09-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #156
xbgod
Banned

H3Llion,

Haven't heard from you about your head and cams. I hope your not the one that Bill said took it all apart and can't get it back together with the right specs. Courious to see how your's is doing

XBG
Old 09-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #157
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ I have cams coming in now from overseas, after a year's R&D. I'll post up when they come in.

Three set ups will be available: street, N/A tuned and turbo.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #158
xbgod
Banned

Sounds good. But you try the first set. You will also need springs with those cams. You may try Eibach, I know gude buys them by the 1000 from them.

Or even Ferrea they make sets for these now.

I'm not a big fan of overseas manufacturing,,,,China....ect. So I hope you have a reliable source.

I've out sourced before and should have just kept it in house or bit the bullet and had Brian do it.

XBG
Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #159
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Crower makes some great stuff.

I am a big fan of overseas manufacturing depending on some things. After all everything comes from China anyways! The only thing I hate about it is that it IS killing our manufacturing economy.

Ferrea valves are ridiculously expensive. Really $1000+ for the kit for a 4cylinder. Even if i had the cash, I still wouldn't drop that much. I know the crowd and aftermarket is there, but look at the SR20DET crew, a similar kit goes for like ~$300
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #160
xbgod
Banned

Yeah...Brian Crower...(great friend)

And untill the 1NZ-FE motor picks-up popularity internal parts will be pricy. As a manufacture anything less than a run of 500 is useless and cost prohibited. I would never run some cheap -ass china built crap on a 20K motor.

Ferrea ....expensive...yes, but made and tested here in America,on cmm machines to exacting tollerences. That stuff in China half the time is made friday at five-oclock just before beer-thirty.

Never go cheap on your motor, especially internals....it's the heart of your motor.

XBG
Old 09-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #161
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Exactly, it is a waste of time and resources for someone like him. Even if the 1nz-fe is in alot of cars, they're not all tuners and doubtful alot will put headwork into it.

Yes, you are right, I would not try to cheap out, I have seen some terrible crap made in China... terrible, but part of the China hype is to shop around and find someone who does good work. Hard, but doable. We run rods(same weight and spec that we measured and stress tested) in our S4's that atleast 3 legit companies market as "American" made, handle up to 850hp and has been going strong for 5 years so far. This is one of the instance when China is somewhat acceptable.

But I mean at what cost, it took combing through companies and blowing rods out to find out what works best!? Not worth it IMHO on something like that

Simple things like exhaust, is alright. Even if it is sub par metal, it works excellent.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #162
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Sounds good. But you try the first set. You will also need springs with those cams.
I always do.