Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #16
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I am in a toss up between the 1zz and the 2zz. The 1 has a better low end however when you look at it that motor only offers 140hp. I have a line to pick up a Vibe with under 30k miles on it for around 3200. After the work I would think that I might be sitting around 5k in cost. Seeing as how that is about the same as what I would spend to go turbo or S/C for a good setup to me it is a no brainer as the 2zz has the base as it has already been mentioned of 180hp. That would allow me to sit in a sweet spot where I can get a lot more out of the car with even the 180, but also have the option down the road if I get a wild hair up my ass to go with modding the 2zz. Right now is the time of the year anyway to try to get a donor car because they are relatively cheaper during the winter because the auctions have a tough time dumping vehicles.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote