Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
NAPA - Experiences

I have not been having great luck with Napa auto parts lately.

Last winter the starter on my wife's 05 Vibe finally gave out at about 240k miles. I bought a remanufactured one from Napa that lasted about 2 weeks. Fortunately it had a lifetime warranty and they swapped it.

I got a remanurfacted alternator for my yaris from them about a week ago and went to put it on and it didn't even fit correctly. I got the bottom mount bolt all the way in and there was still play. I checked the 2 bottom tabs and they had been machined too much from what I can tell so the alternator was not snug.

They ordered another one for me but it won't be in until Tuesday. As far as customer experience goes the NAPA by my job is terrible, but another one closer to my house has been very helpful.

This isn't a knock on NAPA, they probably don't even remanurfacture the parts in house, but just a heads up. Be weary of their reman'd parts. They are much cheaper than auto zone, advance, and o'reilley's, but maybe you do get what you pay for.