Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
1NR-FE Engine tunes-mods-etc.

Hi guys.
I know that most of you, you have the 1.5L American engine (1NZ or 2NZ) but some of us we live in Europe and we don't really have aftermarket support for our 1.3 dual vvti engine (1NR-FE).

I have searched all the web for tunes for this particular engine. And I had no luck till now. I can't even find an aftermarket exhaust header.

So I would love to see this topic grow, with members that own this engine and they were able to find something.

There are not any compatabilities or similarities with the 1NZ motors since the 1NR-FE uses dual vvti technology. This means that we have different air filters, exhausts, the nst pulley kit doesn't work on our engine etc, so you see that all the good stuff that are made for yaris, isn't available for us.

The only thing I have find so far (and really after a ton of search) is an apexi dry air filter (I didn't want to by Oil based filter for the obvious reasons) which I brought today and I was lucky since this was the last available.

My next thing on my to do list is an exhaust header to help the engine breathe a little less restrictively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote