Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-18-2018, 08:06 PM   #19
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
going to reuse your bits or buy new rubbers/hats/bearings for assembly?
Planning on reusing. Anything I should look out for?
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #20
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
i would at least buy new bearings, just because its a wear item and usually first to go.

48619-0D011 (x2) or you can buy the moog/kyb version of it.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #21
Type-Y

Quote:
i would at least buy new bearings, just because its a wear item and usually first to go.

48619-0D011 (x2) or you can buy the moog/kyb version of it.
Thanks! I want to do it right. (Should I get new rubbers and hats too?)

Would this work?

https://www.amazon.com/486190D011-Ab.../dp/B00DM9W2LG
Old 01-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #22
enviri

that's the part exactly.

oh! i forgot about bumpstops which tein requires to be cut!
48331-52080 (x2)

either way you're doing it right, but the question of putting new rubbers and such, its all about you wanting your existing suspension in one piece in case you want to quickly swap out for stock.

here's a dirty list of oem parts if you do wanna have a quick swap out of the front suspension. If you want TRD version of the rubber, that's something for you to consider.

I have a spare set of coilovers sitting in my dining room floor fully assembled ready to go on any time.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #23
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
Im curious how the Teins are going to ride. Ive been on MicroImage springs and Tokico blues for nearly 7 years. Im tired of the shit ride quality. But the damper behavior during aggressive or track day driving is execptional. I dont race the car enough to justify the ride.

Im waiting on my Stagg dampers to show up and give those a whirl. They did wonders for my other car (ended up being faster st the track with them too)

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:31 PM   #24
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I've thought about these as a replacement for my HPs. I'll be interested how you like them!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:46 PM   #25
Type-Y

Quote:
that's the part exactly.

oh! i forgot about bumpstops which tein requires to be cut!
48331-52080 (x2)

either way you're doing it right, but the question of putting new rubbers and such, its all about you wanting your existing suspension in one piece in case you want to quickly swap out for stock.

here's a dirty list of oem parts if you do wanna have a quick swap out of the front suspension. If you want TRD version of the rubber, that's something for you to consider.

I have a spare set of coilovers sitting in my dining room floor fully assembled ready to go on any time.
Thanks. Really appreciate that. I'll have to look up all these parts, but I'm guessing that with this part list I can have all the parts to have the stock springs/shocks/struts ready to re-install because both the coilovers and the stock ones will have all their own bits
Old 01-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #26
Type-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuguy View Post
Im curious how the Teins are going to ride. Ive been on MicroImage springs and Tokico blues for nearly 7 years. Im tired of the shit ride quality. But the damper behavior during aggressive or track day driving is execptional. I dont race the car enough to justify the ride.

Im waiting on my Stagg dampers to show up and give those a whirl. They did wonders for my other car (ended up being faster st the track with them too)
Getting everything together - will definitely report back
Old 01-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #27
Type-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I've thought about these as a replacement for my HPs. I'll be interested how you like them!
I'm curious myself. I'll be posting my impressions after these are on. I thought I'd be ready to get it done this coming week, but looks like I'll need to order a few things first.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #28
enviri

i have a set of the teins too, lol let me know how it is. I'm currently on tanabe coilovers.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #29
Type-Y

So, the Teins are getting installed next Wednesday. Looking at the rain guard and the top of the strut mount, I don’t see how the adjustment knob will ever fit again after the install. Going to have the damping adjusted as per the instructions, 6 clicks from full counter clockwise and hope that works well. My mechanic pointed out that it is a hex wrench so there may be other options....I guess I’ll figure it out.

Question: Does anyone have the torque specs handy for the TRD sway bar? I didn’t get my instructions back after the install.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #30
enviri

For the TRD bar, the torque specs are 36 ft/lbs on the bolt at the bottom of the suspension, and 44 ft/lbs for the other bolt.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #31
Type-Y

Quote:
For the TRD bar, the torque specs are 36 ft/lbs on the bolt at the bottom of the suspension, and 44 ft/lbs for the other bolt.
Thanks
Old 04-15-2018, 10:49 AM   #32
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
Bump for a review on how you liked this set up? I'm considering this for my 2010 hatch.
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #33
Type-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachi-roku_fan View Post
Bump for a review on how you liked this set up? I'm considering this for my 2010 hatch.
Not long after my last post, my dad passed away, so this was shelved (Great man - alzheimers is a fucked up thing). I just started thinking about the Tein's again and my wife will surely be happy about my getting the big heavy box, that's still sitting in our entry way, out of there when I finally get this suspension installed.

Hoping to find time in the next week or two to get them on there.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:36 AM   #34
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Y View Post
Not long after my last post, my dad passed away, so this was shelved (Great man - alzheimers is a fucked up thing). I just started thinking about the Tein's again and my wife will surely be happy about my getting the big heavy box, that's still sitting in our entry way, out of there when I finally get this suspension installed.

Hoping to find time in the next week or two to get them on there.

Sorry for your loss man.
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #35
Type-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Fwiw to add to the discussion I am currently running MicroImage lowering springs with tokiko blues rear and KYB excel G oem up front. I find the front severly lacks the stiffness to handle the springs. I live around really rough roads and this is where I find the issue comes out. On relatively smooth roads they are fine. If you are doing any hard driving and want more performance then the Bilstein b8's will be a good choice.

I'd ecommend the coil overs only if you need the adjustment, if not then springs and a quality shock/strut will do the job well.

This upcoming spring I'm finally going to coil overs and selling my current set up as I need something more for the track, for DD'ing it was fine
Did you end up switching to the coil overs?
Old 06-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #36
Type-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachi-roku_fan View Post
Sorry for your loss man.
Thank you, appreciate it.

FYI these are still not installed, but in the meantime I got a set of Avid 1 AV08's (slip reps) in black. I posted a pic of one of them sitting in my hallway, in my other thread on wheel choices. I gotta get this stuff installed.