Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
Cost opinion on Alarm install.

Hey all,

I just wanted to get peoples' opinions on a price for a car alarm install. After my car got broken into a couple weeks ago , my friend saw my facebook status and recommended a guy. He called before hand to let him know I'd be in to see him . I'll be getting the car alarm plus a proximity sensor installed fully for $400 flat (Canadian). The two-way keychain receiver shows what part of the car is being tampered and it works through like 33 meters of concrete. I'm told he's cutting me a good deal. Thoughts?

I've been bussing it to work since the break-in... it'll be fantastic to be able to drive to work again without the fear of someone breaking in. And the way I see it, there are two types of thieves. The ones that target the 'obviously no alarm' cars and the ones that are good enough to bypass an alarm. The ones good enough to bypass an alarm are not going to be going for a Yaris
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That's really not a bad deal. A decent cheap alarm will run $200+ (USD) without installation. If you are getting a good alarm installed by someone who's not a hack, then you are doing fine at that price.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
Liltoaster

Drives: 05 Echo H/B
Seems a bit high in my opinion depending on the alarm brand.

Myself on my g/f's FIT got a compustar 2 way fm alarm installed with tons of option's hooked up (power locks, park flash, extra siren, prox. sensor, and auto start) for $400 installed
Liltoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
The guy services most of the dealers in the city and is the highest recommended even by third party shops. I'm pretty sure it's the best one they're offering right now as well so I assume it's of high quality.
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote