Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-22-2007, 02:34 AM   #1
lbguy53

Drives: White yaris
i want to know where can i get tinted tail lights???

I"ve been looking for then every where on the internet and i cant find them... my friends told me i can only find them on the internet... does any body know what web site i would have to go to find them??? and how much do they cost???
lbguy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:43 AM   #2
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
u want smoked tail lights??? then u have to buy either spray or tint film for the job and do it yourself...

or are u talking about different replacement lights??? Like chrome altezzas
Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2381402 thats my car I'm not at my computer im at school so i cant post them str8 through today. But i recomend you take ur car to a detailing shop where they can air brush ur taillights...bcuz on my car u can see its the spray tint and yea its good but only for the first couple months i believe the tint has been on my car for 5-6 months and the paint has started to crack. my friends charger has his taillights tinted by an airbrush and it still looks like he did it yesterday and hes had his for over a year. I will be doing my taillights again airbrushed
Old 03-22-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
if i could get in contact with this company blue batmobile. he does vinyl overlays, check out his stuff for right now.my buddies in our car club got all of their stuff from him, easy,quick and cheap mod. http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/
i'll start a new thread to petition for sponsorship

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
buy a Spray tint, better than the film, the film will crack and scrach for over time, but the spray will last forever.
Here is the thread, hope it will help

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...dan+tail+light
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
365Motorwerks

Drives: Small and Black
If you need spray hit me up or click for lens tint paint...but to make it look real good you need to prep the surface good before hand a light wetsand when the tint is dry and do a clear coat at the end to give it a nice gloss finish....this will make it look 100% better then just the tint alone!

I have some Blue Batmobile overlays on my xB and I can vouch for him they are great! Easy to put on/take off and less work then tint...maybe he will hook up the Yaris with a set?!
365Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
will that work for LiftBack taillights? I wanna see how it lights up??? pics please!

they look nice! better if you install those spider LED lights...

pics please... it would be great if someone post a few...
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
elsteverino889

DONT BUY THE SPRAY TINT...I just told you mine is crackin and some already came off and its only 6 months old and I put 5 coats of the black tint and 3 coats of gloss. Spend a little more money $50-125 on airbrushing you taillights.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #9
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsteverino889 View Post
DONT BUY THE SPRAY TINT...I just told you mine is crackin and some already came off and its only 6 months old and I put 5 coats of the black tint and 3 coats of gloss. Spend a little more money $50-125 on airbrushing you taillights.
What kindda tint spray you got?
YOu shoulnd't put more than 3 coat of Spray Tint, and only 1 coat of gloss after that.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #10
elsteverino889

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
What kindda tint spray you got?
YOu shoulnd't put more than 3 coat of Spray Tint, and only 1 coat of gloss after that.

Dude your the one who asked about the tint how are you gonna tell me whats wrong or right....you can put a thousand coats to get the darkness you want. I put 5 bcuz i wanted it real dark and i put 2 coats to make it a real nice gloss. And the tint spray...was the one ur suppose to use. There are about 12 cars that did the taillights at my school at the same time I did and they all have got the same results (cracking, coming off). And the only smart one that airbrushed it looks like new.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:34 AM   #11
365Motorwerks

Drives: Small and Black
Quote:
Dude your the one who asked about the tint how are you gonna tell me whats wrong or right....you can put a thousand coats to get the darkness you want. I put 5 bcuz i wanted it real dark and i put 2 coats to make it a real nice gloss. And the tint spray...was the one ur suppose to use. There are about 12 cars that did the taillights at my school at the same time I did and they all have got the same results (cracking, coming off). And the only smart one that airbrushed it looks like new.
Most of it is surface prep...you can take it down to any body shop and the painters will hook it up as well. Plenty of folks I know used to get thier tails done up years ago and they still look good..
365Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:47 AM   #12
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
NOTICE EVERYONE HE SAID AT HIS SCHOOL, Chino saw me spray my lights I put 3 coats of tint and 1 of gloss, they are just as dark as steverino's, but I bet mine will not flake, peal or anything like that,
Steverino it is QUALITY not QUANITY that makes a product or way of doing something good or bad. I am sure Ya'll were in a hurry and did something wrong when you sprayed your tails
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:14 AM   #13
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

vinyl over lays why not?

here is a link to my thread to possibly get smoked tailights.
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...5993#post65993

Old 03-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #14
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

for the cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365Motorwerks View Post
I have some Blue Batmobile overlays on my xB and I can vouch for him they are great! Easy to put on/take off and less work then tint...maybe he will hook up the Yaris with a set?!
exactly, please help the cause people

Old 03-23-2007, 10:19 AM   #15
jamal1984

Quote:
Dude your the one who asked about the tint how are you gonna tell me whats wrong or right.
Hey look at it again man, I"M NOT THE ONE WHO ASK YOU ABOUT THE TINT
Old 03-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #16
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
VHT... not the nite shades though.

Ill post my pics later, just did mine last night.

Sorry, no How_To this time either..
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #17
elsteverino889

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
NOTICE EVERYONE HE SAID AT HIS SCHOOL, Chino saw me spray my lights I put 3 coats of tint and 1 of gloss, they are just as dark as steverino's, but I bet mine will not flake, peal or anything like that,
Steverino it is QUALITY not QUANITY that makes a product or way of doing something good or bad. I am sure Ya'll were in a hurry and did something wrong when you sprayed your tails
Trust me I spent 4 hours doing this including time for the paint to set before I put them back on my car. And if you do a little research on any site it will say put as many coats as you want to get the darkness. If i though quanity was gonna be better i would of put a thousand coats. And what does ppl from school have to do with anythin, dude the adults on this site are gettin bad reps dude everybody thinks they are so high and mighty, and extremely smart.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:16 PM   #18
jamal1984

Quote:
Trust me I spent 4 hours doing this including time for the paint to set before I put them back on my car. And if you do a little research on any site it will say put as many coats as you want to get the darkness. If i though quanity was gonna be better i would of put a thousand coats. And what does ppl from school have to do with anythin, dude the adults on this site are gettin bad reps dude everybody thinks they are so high and mighty, and extremely smart.
No offense.
But i own a window tinting here in GA, Spray tint is what we used on our customer Tail Lights, not the Film.
Apply 3 Coat and 1 coat of gloss.
We been here for 7 years, the same location, and sometime them customers with tint tail light came over and they still look brand new, nothing peel off....